Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neall View Post

Wouldn't it just.
    Im gonna guess Zeniths are Meridians then, and Nights are perhaps Vectors? Im not sure that Vector tracks to the celestial definition of night but it does go nicely with the definition of a Night as an exalt.

Comment

Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post

Im gonna guess Zeniths are Meridians then, and Nights are perhaps Vectors? Im not sure that Vector tracks to the celestial definition of night but it does go nicely with the definition of a Night as an exalt.
      I was thinking of Axis for the Zenith equivalent, and Meridian for the Twilight analog, but I do like the name Vectors for the Night caste.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post

I was thinking of Axis for the Zenith equivalent, and Meridian for the Twilight analog, but I do like the name Vectors for the Night caste.
        Out of context if you were to say 'Axis Caste Infernal' to someone the first thing that they're going to think of is Nazis.

And of course people will make Nazi Infernals.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

I really think that's unlikely.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post

I would swap Zenith and Twilight. Meridian has that high arcing connotation that meets with the Zenith. And the Axis is the line on which things shift and change much like the horizon at Twilight.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              I really think that's unlikely.
              That people would make a silly joke about the name or intentionally reference the Nazis in the context of Infernals?
              The latter has already happened at least once canonically one of Malfeas' Ink Monkey charms is named after 1935's Triumph of the Will.

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Comment

Unlikely that people indelibly associate the word "axis" with Nazis.

​Did we not all study basic geometry?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

It's not indelible, but there's a somewhat strong association, especially when it's with the "bad guy" Exalted.

It really depends on the players.

I don't much care about that, but I think Penumbra, Corana, etc, sound better to me than Axis anyway.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

It's not only "not incredible" it's basically guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtG View Post
                      It's not only "not incredible" it's basically guaranteed.
                      Yeah...first thing I think of when I hear Axis is Axis powers (admittedly, not straight to Nazi, but yeah....)

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                      Many Limbed Manual
                      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                        Unlikely that people indelibly associate the word "axis" with Nazis.

​Did we not all study basic geometry?
                        Are you aware of the number of people who are literally looking for any excuse at all to instantly start massive rants on how Exalted is literally the worst product in existence that should never exist and that the fact it exists makes the world a worse place? And how since those people are often extremely loud and prominent they are the ones who get listened to the most, particularly when there aren't any actual Exalted players around or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Flare View Post

Are you aware of the number of people who are literally looking for any excuse at all to instantly start massive rants on how Exalted is literally the worst product in existence that should never exist and that the fact it exists makes the world a worse place? And how since those people are often extremely loud and prominent they are the ones who get listened to the most, particularly when there aren't any actual Exalted players around or whatever.
                          I wasn't aware that exalted was a well-known enough game to have it's detractors identify it as the worst thing ever. It's not exactly news that some people hate rpgs and hold them up as being the way the devil trains kids in magic and witch craft (Oh the glory days of Jack Chick) but I've never come across anyone who actively hates on Exalted alone to the exclusion of better known titles.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

My friend sent me a Jack Chick tract actually today, he's still going. It was about how Satan created the Catholic Church though (and had appallingly bad history, very anachronistic, but that's not surprising), not rpgs. Don't know if he's still doing those.

Originally posted by armyofwhispers
                            I wasn't aware that exalted was a well-known enough game to have it's detractors identify it as the worst thing ever.
                            Eh, I don't know, I mentioned that I played Exalted to someone and they said "Hmmm, I think I saw that game mentioned on rpg.net, people were complaining because it had magic vampire-rape powers or something?"

Anyway. I don't think the "Axis Exalted" is going to make people think it's the worst game ever, since Infernals are kind of "the bad guys" anyway. But I still think it's a weak name compared to Penumbra or Corona.

Azimuth is a good name though.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

I'd prefer Caste and Aspect terms that are simple, non-technical, associated with a singular image: Dawn, Half Moon, Fire, Daybreak, and so on. Iconic and fit with the kind of primal world in play and forces that the Exalted channel. But of course writers have to do the best they can.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                My friend sent me a Jack Chick tract actually today, he's still going. It was about how Satan created the Catholic Church though (and had appallingly bad history, very anachronistic, but that's not surprising), not rpgs. Don't know if he's still doing those.
                                He died last year.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                                X