Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro-preview of Infernals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
    A couple of years and I still cannot see Kimbery's name without thinking of that Plague of Hats yozi charmset for Kimberly, the Shopper that Marched to the Mall.
    How did I only just learn that this was a thing?


    I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Blaque View Post

      Though I will note, we have more than enough for a lifetime on those and to some extent I wouldn't mind if some just aren't talked about much. Cytherea, looking at you.
      Did we ever really get an idea of what Cytherea could do? Like as a Yozi? I'm still confused about what the heck she's supposed to be. I would love for Qaf to come back though. The mountain that you climb with enlightenment was a pretty badass idea imo.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
        Did we ever really get an idea of what Cytherea could do? Like as a Yozi? I'm still confused about what the heck she's supposed to be. I would love for Qaf to come back though. The mountain that you climb with enlightenment was a pretty badass idea imo.
        "Somewhere in Malfeas dwells Cytherea, the Mother of Creation, about whom nothing more is known."

        That I think originally was meant to be the Alpha and Omega of what was well, known about her. It's notable in a few things that she first got tied into the Mountain Folk story (which suddenly we knew how she helped make Creation suddenly) and then 2e did some stupid stuff of making her Walmart Kimbery in Malfeas, and a bunch of stuff of her suddenly bein gthe Mother of All Things (which has really different connattations) and bieng a big bang and then being a Schrodinger Yozi.

        But as a like, thing in Games of Divinity? I think she was originally meant to be a big fat giant plot hook that someone else can expand on to be any number of things her name and position to Creation can be speculated or expanded on.


        And stuff.
        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

        Comment


        • I like the idea of even the Yozis not knowing anything more about her.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
            Did we ever really get an idea of what Cytherea could do? Like as a Yozi?
            Cythera got a little more detail in the Ink Monkies essays about the Yozis, particularly in "The Legend of the Titans". Cythera was the Divine Ignition, the first of the Primordials to awaken from dreaming in the primal Chaos, her awakening defining what it meant to be awake in that sense. She was also attracted to Gaia, and Glories of The Most High: Luna tells us that she was the primary creator of Luna, intended to tie Gaia to Creation and prevent her from wandering away looking for the Shining Answer.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

              Cythera got a little more detail in the Ink Monkies essays about the Yozis, particularly in "The Legend of the Titans". Cythera was the Divine Ignition, the first of the Primordials to awaken from dreaming in the primal Chaos, her awakening defining what it meant to be awake in that sense. She was also attracted to Gaia, and Glories of The Most High: Luna tells us that she was the primary creator of Luna, intended to tie Gaia to Creation and prevent her from wandering away looking for the Shining Answer.
              Cytherea wasn't anyone's primary architect. Oramus probably contributed more in that story, since yesteredition's presentation of Cytherea was like the Yozi answer to the X-Men character Fabian Cortez.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post
                Cytherea wasn't anyone's primary architect.
                *blink* *blink*
                I don't want to be confrontational here, but...


                Originally posted by Glories of the Most High: Luna page 4
                Luna‟s chief architect was Cytherea, the trigger of divine evolution who provided Gaia‟s Essence with the substance it needed to produce Creation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                  *blink* *blink*
                  I don't want to be confrontational here, but...


                  Yet, how much does she actually bring to the table when she's saddled with the conceptualization of "empowers others to be more potent"? Even when 2e Cytherea is called out as the chief architect of something, anything, her position in this regard is highly dubious for it.

                  Comment


                  • "About whom nothing more is known" ought to mean what it says, in much the same way that "This myth, which is certainly false," oughtn't mean "This myth, which is actually secretly true...."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                      Yet, how much does she actually bring to the table when she's saddled with the conceptualization of "empowers others to be more potent"? Even when 2e Cytherea is called out as the chief architect of something, anything, her position in this regard is highly dubious for it.
                      I highly encourage you to actually read the text in question before you disparage how much input she had. I think the idea of her as empowering others to achieve things may have come into the line after this point.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                        I highly encourage you to actually read the text in question before you disparage how much input she had. I think the idea of her as empowering others to achieve things may have come into the line after this point.
                        It doesn't quite matter so much any more. I've also spent a long time unlearning 2e, so I don't really want to look back at it. I recall Luna being purpose built to be a sexy enticement to Gaia and growing beyond it. Just one of the many incidents where we got too much detail about the default setup and history of the game.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                          Yet, how much does she actually bring to the table when she's saddled with the conceptualization of "empowers others to be more potent"?
                          Glories of the Most High: Luna calls out Luna's drive to change and improve constantly as being Cythera's contribution to her nature. That seems like it's a pretty big deal for Luna, I'd say.

                          I'm not necessarily saying that this should remain the case in 3e - personally, I do prefer the "Cythera, about who little is known" version, I think the attempt to explain All the Yozis in 2e went a bit too far in removing some of the mystery and mysticism from them. But 2e did provide some more detail on Cythera, regardless of whether that was a good idea or not, and I was just explaining those details that were supplied.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

                            Glories of the Most High: Luna calls out Luna's drive to change and improve constantly as being Cythera's contribution to her nature. That seems like it's a pretty big deal for Luna, I'd say.

                            I'm not necessarily saying that this should remain the case in 3e - personally, I do prefer the "Cythera, about who little is known" version, I think the attempt to explain All the Yozis in 2e went a bit too far in removing some of the mystery and mysticism from them. But 2e did provide some more detail on Cythera, regardless of whether that was a good idea or not, and I was just explaining those details that were supplied.
                            A bit too far? It set up a potential treadmill for endless numbers of Charms detailing their wants and desires. It went so far over the line that it basically created an entirely different game within the game, and said sub-game rapidly grew to eclipse the main one..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post
                              It went so far over the line that it basically created an entirely different game within the game, and said sub-game rapidly grew to eclipse the main one..
                              "I know you said you wanted Solar PCs for this game, but I made a Green Sun Prince, including the Charms I want him to develop when he becomes a Devil-Tiger, and here's the demon pantheon he's gonna make out of his soul, and…"

                              Comment


                              • Cytherea's 1e niche is being a complete cypher.

                                Cytherea's 2E niche is being the "Big Bang" primordial. Her charms would involve a massive mote pool and the ability to exponentially enhance the effects of others by spending it, as she did in sexual Congress without Gaia to forge Creation.

                                Expect her to go back to "about whom nothing else is known" in 3E.


                                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X