Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Meeting 8-28-17

http://theonyxpath.com/many-worlds-o...meeting-notes/

All the art for Arms is in, so after they review it and sign off on it, Arms will be in layout.

The Realm is in Second Draft.

What Fire has Wrought is in Development.
    Last edited by BrilliantRain; 08-29-2017, 03:34 AM.

Placeholder

Do we know how long we can expect layout to take?

Comment

Originally posted by norraba View Post
      As far as I know, we've not been told. You can ask on the Monday Meeting page if you want. I'm hoping less than a month.

Placeholder

Comment

Originally posted by norraba View Post
        The only thing that can be fairly certain is that, barring severe unforeseen issues, it shouldn't take nearly as long as the corebook did. Arms is only 128 pages.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

Ok, so, I went back and looked at the process for Miracles. First, note that Arms is literally more than three times as long as Miracles, so don't let the relatively quick turnaround for Miracles get your hopes up.

Anyway.

As of April 18th 2016, Miracles was in a similar state to Arms right now, with finals coming in for the pictures.
          April 25th, 2016 - Pictures are off to WWP for approval.
          May 2nd, 2016 - Pictures are still off to WWP for approval.
          May 9th, 2016 - Miracles is in Layout.
          May 16th, 2016 - Miracles is in Proofing.
          May 23rd, 2016 - Miracles is being reviewed by WWP.
          May 30th, 2016 - Miracles is still being reviewed by WWP.
          June 6th, 2016 - Miracles is out to Backers.

Even if we assume that someone at WWP can review Arms in the same amount of time as Miracles, which isn't a safe assumption, Layout and Proofing are probably both going to take at least three weeks each and review by WWP could take more than a month, since they still need to approve the pictures AND the final book. Which implies sometime Mid-November.
          Last edited by BrilliantRain; 08-29-2017, 04:21 AM.

Placeholder

Comment

My game is on pause until these books come out so I hope it is within the first half of this month. I know it is 128 pages but this is the final art they have had preliminaries for the last month so I hope they have been doing some advance layout.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Someone could go back, see when Miracles got into layout and count how many weeks that took. Granted, Arms is literally three times longer than Miracles, so the layout process should be extended similarly, but that would give a ballpark estimate.
              ok So on April 18th, 2016 Finals in art came in for the backer charms. Then on June 6th, 2016 It was release to backers. If layout seems to take the same amount of time as the 51 days the backer charms did then we should get arms a book over twice as big by early next year. I thought I remembered Rich or Vance saying they hoped for a July release of the book but that was way pie in the sky if they go at any previous rate.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                ok So on April 18th, 2016 Finals in art came in for the backer charms. Then on June 6th, 2016 It was release to backers. If layout seems to take the same amount of time as the 51 days the backer charms did then we should get arms a book over twice as big by early next year. I thought I remembered Rich or Vance saying they hoped for a July release of the book but that was way pie in the sky if they go at any previous rate.
                Thing is, layout seems to remain pretty constant, regardless of a book's length. Where it gets lengthy is apparently with things with new or special formats, like Beckett's Jyhad Diary, which doesn't apply to Arms. And since it wasn't a Kickstarted reward, it's not going to KS backers first, but straight to DriveThru.

So I'd hazard we can expect it end of October, beginning of November at the latest.
                Last edited by marin; 08-29-2017, 07:00 AM.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Past a certain point, number of pages does start having an effect just because of the time it takes to repeat boilerplate tasks apart from any special adjustments to layouts. Less time than if you have to create a new individual design for each page/spread, but there's a lot of stuff that can't just be automated.

Comment

Working...
                  X