Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
    Corpse-Hiding Technique
    This Charm can be used to help the Solar hide a dead body. People will not find the body unless they are specifically looking for a corpse, nor will they notice the victim's disappearance unless they have a specific need for her.
    This seems more Abyssal to me. Solars might have an "Hide stuff perfectly, even from people's memory"-charm which also allows them to hide bodies, but a specific "Hide corpses"-charm doesn't seem to fit their thematics.

Oh, and a charm I'd love to see?
    Sun Blends Out The Sky Method (Or "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Prana"... something like that)
    Ability: Stealth, or maybe Larceny, or maybe even Presence.
    I... can't actually make up any specific rules for it, but this charm would allow a Solar to hide his allies by drawing all the attention to himself. Ideally, even in an otherwise completely empty room, his enemy would only see him, and no one else.
    Last edited by Dusk Shine; 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk Shine View Post
      This seems more Abyssal to me. Solars might have an "Hide stuff perfectly, even from people's memory"-charm which also allows them to hide bodies, but a specific "Hide corpses"-charm doesn't seem to fit their thematics.
      For some reason, whenever I play a stealth game, I end up having to hide bodies all over, so I thought that sort of charm would make sneaking around more convenient.

Occult:

Finding the Spirit's Abode
      So long as the Solar knows the name of a god or possesses one of its belongings or idols, this Charm allows the Solar to unerringly find the entrance to the spirit's sanctum.

Demon-Hunter's Instinct
      Whenever a spirit uses one of its Charms to harm a mortal within (Essence) miles of the Solar, the Solar may roll Perception + Occult to learn the precise location of both the spirit and its victim.

Otherworldly Banquet's Etiquette
      When the Solar attempts to leverage the customs of the Fair Folk, spirits or the undead against them, she may reroll a number of unsuccessful dice equal to her Occult rating.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
      [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
      [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

For some reason, whenever I play a stealth game, I end up having to hide bodies all over, so I thought that sort of charm would make sneaking around more convenient.
        I *did* notice that it basically allows video game stealth.
        "Sure, I killed half of the guards by now, but since no one saw me, nobody thinks anything is wrong."

Not that I should complain, I prefer the "unrealistic glibness" approach to infiltration.
        "Yes, you found me, but I can't be an enemy. No enemy could sneak past our guards. And even if an enemy could sneak past our guards, then he'd be far to sneaky to be found by you. So, obviously, I have a perfectly valid reason to be here. But it's secret, so I can't tell you. Now don't mention me to anyone else, because it's a secret."

Comment

Resistance:

Manna of Flesh and Will
          Whenever the Solar would gain a point of Willpower, she may instead satiate herself as if she had eaten and slept enough to last a number of days equal to her Essence without requiring further rest or sustenance.

Fist-Breaking Mountain Stance
          If the Solar is hit by a close-range Melee or Brawl Attack, but takes no damage, she may initiate a counterattack against her opponent using nothing but her armour. The Solar rolls Stamina + Resistance to hit and adds Strength to her damage. Treat the Solar's armour as a weapon of its size and give it the Blunt damage tag. This attack may be enhanced by Brawl charms.

Performance:

Orchestral War Hymn
          The Solar may spend X motes to add his Performance rating to his join battle roll. In addition, whenever the Solar joins roll battle, the environment joins together to play a battle song iconic to the Solar.
          Last edited by Tiresias; 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk Shine View Post
            I *did* notice that it basically allows video game stealth.
            "Sure, I killed half of the guards by now, but since no one saw me, nobody thinks anything is wrong."

Not that I should complain, I prefer the "unrealistic glibness" approach to infiltration.
            "Yes, you found me, but I can't be an enemy. No enemy could sneak past our guards. And even if an enemy could sneak past our guards, then he'd be far to sneaky to be found by you. So, obviously, I have a perfectly valid reason to be here. But it's secret, so I can't tell you. Now don't mention me to anyone else, because it's a secret."
            My favourite thing about Crimson Razor Wind, from the Infernals preview, is that people and things destroyed by it are completely erased and everyone forgets they ever existed, so it's fantastic for this and wholly deserves to be a Stealth charm in spite of being an attack...but you forget that you killed people with it as well, so you can't actually tell whether you've infiltrated unnoticed or killed a bunch of people nobody remembers.

Comment

Linguistics:

Undisputed Authorial Word
              The Solar becomes the absolute authority on anything she writes. This charm supplements an attempt to erode a minor or major principle through written communication. If the attempt succeeds, the principle is not weakened, but the target cannot apply its benefits to resist the Solar's social influence. The principle's drawbacks always apply in full.

Discourse of False Logic
              This charm allows the Solar to interfere with another character's attempts to influence a third party's intimacies. If the other character's roll is successful, the Solar may roll Manipulation + Linguistics. If the Solar obtains more successes on the roll, she may change which of the third party's intimacies is being influence, although its strength must be equal to that of the original intimacy.

Comment

Manna of Flesh and Will
                Whenever the Solar would gain a point of Willpower, she may instead satiate herself as if she had eaten and slept enough to last a number of days equal to her Essence without requiring further rest or sustenance.
                Considering the concept is about sustaining the body with "food of the mind", instead of just being tough and ignoring your hunger, I'd actually be tempted to put it in some other Ability... Integrity? Lore?

Comment

War:

Unerring Tactical Foresight
                  A single glance is enough for the Lawgiver to gain complete insight of a battlefield. When a battle group under the Solar's command joins battle, the Solar may declare a number of combat rounds up to her War rating. If the battle group under the Solar's command performs a lethal attack on another combat group on that exact round, they gain (6 - Rounds chosen) dice of additional damage.

Unleashing the Radiant Legion
                  If a battle group under the Solar's command makes a lethal attack against another battle group and is at negative momentum relative to its target, the Solar may spend X willpower and Y motes to add her Essence rating to the battle group's effective momentum.

Comment

I've decided to think up one new charm per day, every day, until Ex3 is in my hands. Abilities will be chosen randomly.

Investigation:

Lawman's Sudden Realization
                    If the Solar fails an Investigation roll to identify the culprit of a crime and the criminal begins to plan a second crime in the Solar's general vicinity, the Solar may reroll the Investigation roll in order to gain sudden insight into the culprit's behaviour and stop her before the second crime is committed. In addition, if the Solar uses the Investigation Excellency to enhance the roll, the excellency's cost is reduce by one mote for each of the culprit's crime scenes that the Solar has investigated, successfully or not.

Lawman's Sudden Realization 2.0
                    A successful Wits + Investigation roll automatically allows the Lawgiver to know if two crimes were committed by the same person. In addition, when investigating serial criminals, the Solar reduces the cost of the Investigation Excellency by one mote per crime scene she has investigated. Finally, if the Solar has investigated (6 - Investigation) of the culprit's crime scenes, she may roll Wits + Investigation against the culprits Manipulation + Larceny in order to predict the culprit's next crime in the Solar's general area, if the criminal is planning one. If the roll fails, the Solar may try again after investigating the culprit's next crime scene.

Last edited by Tiresias; 05-03-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

War:

Steel Wall Encirclement
                      When the Solar commands a combat group against another, she may user her troops to seal the enemy's movements. The Solar and the enemy commander make an opposed Wits + War roll. Each of the Solar's net successes applies an external penalty of 1 to the enemy force's combat movement. This charm lasts for a number of actions equal to the Solar's war rating, but ends immediately if the Solar's troops move.

Comment

I've decided to think up one new charm per day, every day, until Ex3 is in my hands. Abilities will be chosen randomly. Investigation: Lawman's Sudden Realization If the Solar fails an Investigation roll to identify the culprit of a crime and the criminal begins to plan a second crime in the Solar's general vicinity, the Solar may reroll the Investigation roll in order to gain sudden insight into the culprit's behaviour and stop her before the second crime is committed. In addition, if the Solar uses the Investigation Excellency to enhance the roll, the excellency's cost is reduce by one mote for each of the culprit's crime scenes that the Solar has investigated, successfully or not.
                        I love this.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

Sail:

Reef-Crushing Wave
                          Whenever a natural obstacle such as a rock, reef or cliff would damage the Solar's ship, the Lawgiver may pay X motes to ram the obstacle instead. Roll Wits + Sail to attack and use the Solar's Essence rating instead of strength when rolling damage. Treat the ship as a heavy weapon with the Blunt tag. If the attack is successful and does damage, the Solar's ship takes no damage from the obstacle.

Comment

Becoming aware of the flaw in her beliefs, the Solar can temporarily suppress them. When activating this Charm, the Solar replaces one of her Intimacies with an opposing Intimacy. The effect lasts so long as the Charm is active.
                            Geebus. Given how central intimacies are to the Influence system this falls on the line between 'Solar awesome' and 'Sidereal meta-weirdness'. My instinct would be to fall on the Sidereal side. Solars should carry the strength of their convictions, no matter what.

This Charm allows the Solar to perform a disarm attack by rolling Dexterity + Larceny. It can also be used to steal munitions from quivers and such during combat.
                            This would be a very low-level Solar Charm. Depending on how ability-swapping is 'priced' it may not even be worth a Solar Charm.

This Charm can be used to help the Solar hide a dead body. People will not find the body unless they are specifically looking for a corpse, nor will they notice the victim's disappearance unless they have a specific need for her.
                            There are at least two abilities more suited for this effect than Larceny, as regards Solars. This would be an excellent Abyssal Larceny Charm.
                            Last edited by SuddenThunder; 04-30-2014, 12:42 PM. Reason: Fixed bad tagging

Comment

Medicine:

Remedy of Exalted Resilience
                              The Solar's supernatural healing skills persist in her absence. When treating a wounded mortal, the Solar may commit a number of motes equal to the lesser of her Intelligence + Medicine or the patient's Stamina + Resistance. So long as the motes remain committed, the patient may apply the benefit of the Resistance Excellency to all attempts to resist poison, disease or death from grievous wounds, adding a number of dice equal to the number of motes committed.

Comment

Resistance:

Weapon-Trapping Stone Flesh Crevasse
                                Whenever the Solar takes damage from a close-range weapon, she may spend X motes and roll Strength + Resistance to disarm her attacker. The weapon remains sealed by the Solar's muscles for a number of actions equal to her Essence, but someone attacking the Solar with Brawl may choose to forgo a successful attack's damage in order to pull the weapon out.

Comment

Working...
                                X