Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone got a list of artifacts and powers that increase lifespan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got a list of artifacts and powers that increase lifespan?

and ideally the books mentioning them
    i know the age staving cordial from books of sorcery III
    bracelet of shared life : books of sorcery wonders of the first age
    peaches of immortality(though i don't know the exact system)

Peaches of Immortality got an update to 3E in one of the Arms of the Chosen Previews, after the bit with the starmetal staff that can produce them (because it's made from a stolen Peach Tree of Immortality branch).

As for other examples, there used to be a hearthstone of immortality, but that might not be a thing any more.

That aside, workings can manage it. The only rule is that there's always some sort of catch or exception.

Comment

forgot to mention that the edition they appear is irrelevant. for instance are peaches given rules before 3e?

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        forgot to mention that the edition they appear is irrelevant. for instance are peaches given rules before 3e?
        ​Yeah, that was in Exalted: the Sidereals. I don't really know why they were never laid out in Second Edition; I presume it was just a minor oversight. A kind of, nobody ever noticing that it was never brought over kind of thing.

​Peaches of immortality work thus: each one takes three bites to eat. One bite removes a decade from the aging of a mortal or Terrestrial Exalt, and a century from a Celestial Exalt. Eating an entire peach in one sitting reverts mortals and Terrestrials to the equivalent of age 18, and takes up to 1000 years from the life of a Celestial. Peaches will have no further effect on the same person until a year has passed. Peaches never revert one to before early adulthood.

​Peaches of immortality are among the magic that is incapable of extending the lifespan of Sidereal Exalted.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Yeah, that was in Exalted: the Sidereals. I don't really know why they were never laid out in Second Edition; I presume it was just a minor oversight. A kind of, nobody ever noticing that it was never brought over kind of thing.

​Peaches of immortality work thus: each one takes three bites to eat. One bite removes a decade from the aging of a mortal or Terrestrial Exalt, and a century from a Celestial Exalt. Eating an entire peach in one sitting reverts mortals and Terrestrials to the equivalent of age 18, and takes up to 1000 years from the life of a Celestial. Peaches will have no further effect on the same person until a year has passed. Peaches never revert one to before early adulthood.

​Peaches of immortality are among the magic that is incapable of extending the lifespan of Sidereal Exalted.

only gems of immortality(like the one chejop kejak refused) can do this right? though it begs the question if the sidereal loses it.. and they have lived past their lifespan do they continue from where they left or is it instant death?

Comment

only gems of immortality(like the one chejop kejak refused) can do this right? though it begs the question if the sidereal loses it.. and they have lived past their lifespan do they continue from where they left or is it instant death?
            I would think it is the latter, the gems acting as a ward against death rather than a halting of ones aging process

Edit: also I know that their was an amulet in second that could extend the lifespan of a mortal to being the same as that of the exalt atuned to it, but it was supposed to be extremely painful to remove, I'll try to find it on my lunch and post its name.
            Last edited by norraba; 09-14-2017, 12:58 PM.

Elemental and dragon line descriptors and capturing device coming soon
            Craft Rewrite W/ Points, Slots, and Charms
            Executive Leadership Organization Merrit

Comment

The Chejak, thing was an oversight from a writer not knowing the system. The hearthstone would only keep kejak young, he would still be destined to die at a certain time.

I feel like peaches of Immortality should have a strong effect on mortals personally.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                I feel like peaches of Immortality should have a strong effect on mortals personally.
                ​I take a perverse delight in the idea of somebody coming into a peach in their twenties, and then desperately needing to keep it hidden and preserved for decades until they can maximize the use of it.

​Still a fairly practically minded person; one who is going to set a reasonable age such as mid-sixties, rather than gamble with infirmity in order to maximize the effect.

​And no story in which the day before the person was going to eat it, it gets inadvertently consumed by some unknowing child. I hate stories like that.

​Anyway, Eldagusto is right; there never should have been a reference to a hearthstone being able to keep Chejop alive for longer.

​The only apparent magic capable of extending the life of a Sidereal would be Raken Thulio removing his thread from the Loom using forbidden martial arts.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Wasn't there also the Verdigris Circlet from Dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by norraba View Post
                    ... also I know that their was an amulet in second that could extend the lifespan of a mortal to being the same as that of the exalt attuned to it, but it was supposed to be extremely painful to remove, I'll try to find it on my lunch and post its name.
                    That would be the Bracelet of Shared Life. (Books of Sorcery Volume I: Wonders of the Lost Age)

​Basically, yes, wearer ages at the same rate as the owner (and mortals gain exalted healing) as long as the attune commitment lasts; suffers severe damage should the commitment end, thanks to jade filaments ripping out of the arm.
                    Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                    Wasn't there also the Verdigris Circlet from Dreams?
                    Indeed. Book 1: Lands of Creation.

​As long as the circlet is worn on the head, and properly empowered, the wearer cannot die, drown, suffocate, starve, or dehydrate, does not age, regenerates damage, is immune to disease, and recovers from the worst poisons or deadly injury.
                    Last edited by Greyman; 09-15-2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

DoTFA Book 2: Lords of Creation also gives the Life-Sustaining manse power, which extends lifespan by 25%, 50% and indefinitely at 3, 4 and 5 dots. You can't leave the manse for more than a day each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        The Chejak, thing was an oversight from a writer not knowing the system. The hearthstone would only keep kejak young, he would still be destined to die at a certain time.
                        is this confirmed?

Comment

is this confirmed?
                          Yes; the clause on Sidereals and means of extending life does not exempt the Hearthstone of Immortality.

Comment

is this confirmed?
                            I don't have a quote but if you are trusting in my words at all I will say I have seen the various authors and developers address this multiple times in multiple forums. The Raman Thulio situation was meant to demonstrate how this could be done correctly, meaning he had to cheat fate rather then just bolster is own life force. But I have no specific link.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

ok so to sum this up,we have:
                              1) age staving cordial of 25%
                              2)a presumed 40% version which doesn't stack with the above though. implied to be thaumaturgy 3.
                              3)a vaccine doubling your lifespan. which i assume is some artifact that for some reason can't be build in the second age and it seems it doesn't work for beings who already have long lifespines
                              4) this manse thing. does it exist in the second age?
                              5) bracelet of shared life
                              6)gem of immortality. not sure about other gems
                              7)a mortal becoming xblooded or something like that which at least doubles your lifespan.
                              8)life extending prana for solars
                              9)a hibernation prana for lunars
                              10)a charm of immortality for jadeborn that can'e be replicated
                              11) peaches of immortality. they use quintessence as fertiliser IIRC
                              12) who is raman thulio?
                              oh and the verdigris circlet.
                              did i miss anything?

oh,forgot the beasts who urinate potions of youth
                              Last edited by mark; 09-17-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X