Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you want in a Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you want in a Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter?

I guess the first question should be: do you want a Kickstarter for Dragon-Blooded?

The main reason why I do is because of OPP's long tradition of quality Kickstarters (excluding the super-delayed mess that was Exalted Third Edition) with many interesting stretch goals and add-ons. I know that I would back a Dragon-Blooded Deluxe Jade Edition or something similar. I would be happy to see this after Cavaliers of Mars.

If you want to see a Kickstarter for Dragon-Blooded, what sort of stretch goal do you want to see to motivate funding it?

My answer is Charm Cards. Even though I was hesitant to get all of the Solar Charm Cards, I'm very glad that I have them and they are very useful to me at the table. I'm going to want Dragon-Blooded Charm Cards as well, both for consistency and for practicality. While they are at it, they could do some Martial Arts Charm Cards as well.

What sort of add-on would you like to see?

Jade Dice Sets (a set of ten d10s for each color jade). You can choose to purchase none of them, one of them or all of them. Then you can happily use the dice corresponding to your character's aspect.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

-High-quality/rez detail map of the Realm. I'm fine with blank spaces for people to insert their own cities, but I'd like to see the Realm get a real cool map focus. Maybe a cloth version of this too.

-Color art, if it's not already a part of it.

-Definitely yes on the Charm Cards. Love those things. I'd like to see it include some blank digitally editable ones.

-I think the Jade Dice Sets would be cool, but change the 10's to like a Dragon symbol or something.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I'd want a kickstarter only *after* the word count/content is finalized. If it's packing more art / tchotchkes / etc. into the final product, that's cool; but I've had my fill of kickstarters to fund development/writing that get delayed ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post
        I'd want a kickstarter only *after* the word count/content is finalized. If it's packing more art / tchotchkes / etc. into the final product, that's cool; but I've had my fill of kickstarters to fund development/writing that get delayed ad infinitum.
        They've already officially committed to that criteria going forward. And no, I don't have a quote sadly but I remember it distinctly.

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I'd rather any text adding stretchgoals build a supplement rather than add to the book itself (slowing it down).

Something like Miracles, but also room for other stuff that there wasn't room for in WFHW - sorcerous initiations, other martial arts styles, more setting info on non-Realm DBs, etc.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            I'd rather any text adding stretchgoals build a supplement rather than add to the book itself (slowing it down).

Something like Miracles, but also room for other stuff that there wasn't room for in WFHW - sorcerous initiations, other martial arts styles, more setting info on non-Realm DBs, etc.
            This has my vote.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Hopefully with the text already written before it goes up, any "added text stretchgoals" would just be expanding the word count to insert stuff that was already written but otherwise cut, rather than "time to sit down and write more stuff".

Comment

A manual expanding on the culture of each house with some unique charms, artifacts or whatever that they have developed (if we have to include some mechanics).

Also expanding on other major DB populations.

Comment

- Color art and an option for more color art in supplements. Basically keep the color art train rolling there.

- Cloth map of the Realm.

- Reissue of the map of Creation for folks who were not able to get it the first KS.

- DB-styled screen.

Those are what come to mind immediately at least.

And stuff.
                  Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                    A manual expanding on the culture of each house with some unique charms, artifacts or whatever that they have developed (if we have to include some mechanics).

Also expanding on other major DB populations.
                    Unique House Charms are an interesting idea - though surprising that they wouldn't cross lines pretty quickly thanks to fathers teaching their children of the children's mother's house.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'd take a Terrestrials Kickstarter, but I care little for deluxe editions, since I generally prefer the PDF format. I could see myself getting one anyway if there were cool stretch goals, though. The kind of things I like to see include:

As has been said, full colour artwork. Also more of it.

A raise to the writers. That was a popular one in the Core KS, and no matter if I liked the outcome or not, I want it to be beneficial to try your pen at Exalted.

In the same vein, extra funds for proofreading. I cannot sufficiently express how it annoys me when there's a penalty negator for a penalty that's not actually stated to exist, or similar. That did happen with Core, and I'd rather not it was repeated.

Any extra material offered should be published as supplements rather than included in the book (seriously, the way Core looks, I don't blame people for not daring to try it; I probably wouldn't).

A bit of a personal issue, but if they have rewards with the idea of "have your character's name in a piece of text", I want them to make clear they're using the name, but absolutely not the character. If I had known that, I could have saved some money.
                      Last edited by Weimann; 09-20-2017, 03:40 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post
                        You and me both!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

On a mechanical level, I'd love to see something like what Scion's 2E Kickstarter did, where the core book was basically defined and then you had a "Scion Companion" where all the fancy stretch goals went AFTER the core book was done. It seems a nice trade off between "Stretch goals get you more stuff" and "you don't want the book ballooning out of control so that it continually has to reassess what's going to be in the book. As far as actual story/game mechanics content, I'm fairly satisfied so far with what the current development team have been previewing, so I'm willing to be surprised.

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to have like, a Caste Book companion piece; where MAs, artifacts, extra writeups and other stretch-goal stuff could appear later, rather than delaying the base rulebook.

I'd actually kind of like a starter adventure, in the vein of Tomb of Hidden Dreams, but DB specific? Like a new Wyld Hunt forming under desperate circumstances, or something terrible happened at the heptegram, and you and your brotherhood are being sent in to investigate. Just something DB-focused for newish players.

Comment

I really liked Miracles of the Solar Exalted, a similar Dragonblood charm expansion is on the top of my list.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
                              http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

Comment

Working...
                              X