Kickstarter Update #113 - House Tepet preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter Update #113 - House Tepet preview

Courtesy of the latest KS update, a preview of House Tepet from Dragon-Blooded.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Very good.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

This is a good preview of what is to come with Great Houses. I think it expands and elaborates in a way that is proper and useful, particularly with regards to its founder; it provides context and background for the legacy and culture of the House, rather than too much history and personality for a dead character. The expanded culture itself is looking good, helping to make Tepet a bit more elaborate than being the military House, as well as portending to make Cathak more distinct and interesting. I think the elaborations on the House's economics and place in the overall Dynasty contain good plot hooks and means to characterize as well, as well as being another place to help add depth to Creation as a whole.

​I also appreciate the reference to a dark-skinned Dynast; I've always said that the Scarlet Dynasty would logically have greater ethnic diversity.

​I take it that Hearth is the term replacing Brotherhood. I find it a bit less evocative, but it has its charms.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        ​I take it that Hearth is the term replacing Brotherhood. I find it a bit less evocative, but it has its charms.
        Well "Brotherhood" didn't make any sense for them to use as though it was gender-neutral. And trying to use Sisterhood to be gender neutral and inclusive of men, which would make more sense for the Realm, wouldn't translate to real-world readers.

*insert side-eyes at our own society for being comfortable applying masculine terms as inclusive of women, while seeing the application of feminine terms to men as emasculating and mockery*
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-28-2017, 04:07 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Well "Brotherhood" didn't make any sense for them to use as though it was gender-neutral.
          I am already aware of that.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

*thumbs-up*

Comment

First impressions.
              I like that the casualty figures have been dialed back considerably so that the main threat they face is a damage to their brand rather than a need to replenish their numbers asap. Also curiously light on Ejava (in a good way) rather than her being their great white hope.

Onyx Path Forums Moderator

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see her at all (at least in the same role) on the premise that that sort of up-and-comer darkhorse candidate for the throne based purely on respect of soldiers from won victories, rather than institutional power - is a role a pc can be playing!
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-28-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah, not as may dragon blooded died, but one that did was the head of the house so they're sort of in a mini Scarlet Empress situation of their own.

Comment

All right, moving on:

​Something else specific that I liked...

​I like consolidating the Vermillion Legion into the plotline about the Imperial Legions being distributed among the Houses; as I recall, that was left a bit up in the air before. Tying it into the story of Tepet is something that I see as a good instance of streamlining, as well as allowing a story of these outcasts being brought together.

​I'm also amused by the idea that Cathak thought it was a show of respect to want Tepet to get no legions whatsoever.

​I didn't read as much of the latter half the first time, but I believe that descriptions of major House holdings is new. Apart from providing plot hooks for the situation on the Blessed Isle and through Creation at large, I'm happy to see that Lord's Crossing is still around. I wonder if it will be given any details that would contradict my notion of it as a major crossroads through the mountains in the centre of the Isle.

​EDIT: Oh, my skimming of the latter half also caused me to overlook the presence of the satrap of Medo being an agendered person. I think it's interesting to present that in terms of a contrast between the culture of the House and the Dynasty at large
                    Last edited by Isator Levi; 09-28-2017, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                      The term is now a Sworn Kinship, or a Hearth.

(Lookshy still uses Sworn Brotherhoods)

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        The term is now a Sworn Kinship, or a Hearth.

(Lookshy still uses Sworn Brotherhoods)
                        Is Lookshy, and historically the Shogunate, comparatively patriarchal?

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Is Lookshy, and historically the Shogunate, comparatively patriarchal?
                          Lookshy is egalitarian rather than patriarchal, although the the gentes are patrilineal.

The Shogunate was big.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I'm interested to see that Fear-Eater is dead and Samea's lost an arm. It makes it seem a lot more like winning actually cost the Bull.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

...So who's Jochim? I don't remember him at all.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Working...
                              X