Kickstarter Update #113 - House Tepet preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    I can't think of any Exalted societies who do make great use of eunuchs.)
    ​The Lintha, person!

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz
    I suppose it might matter what gender this person resembles, if other dynasts don't accept Tepet's ideas, and mock Tepet Niruz for not accepting that, as they see it, he's a boy/she's a girl.
    I picture Niruz as having a fairly androgynous face and hairstyle and dressed in a manner that makes it difficult to determine secondary sexual characteristics. Among wags of the other Houses, I picture them alternately engaging in rude speculation, or just making assumptions and using pronouns of that kind casually.

​A bit like Vaarsuvius in The Order of the Stick (although in that person's case, it seems to be that they do subscribe to a binary notion of gender, just not one that is disclosed to anybody else).

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by The MG View Post
      They tell you everything you need to know.

I think that is definitely all we need to know about Tepet Niruz. What I'd like to know is how the Realm handles gender roles so I can get some context for what Niruz has decided is irrelevant to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post

I think that is definitely all we need to know about Tepet Niruz. What I'd like to know is how the Realm handles gender roles so I can get some context for what Niruz has decided is irrelevant to them.
        You'll find out. ^_^

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​The Lintha, person!
          Of course! Why didn't I think of that? I love the Lintha (though not the eunuch bit. It's rather inconsistently written).
          I guess I didn't think of them because the socio-cultural context is so different. I was thinking of palace eunuchs and so on.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• I was kind of hoping that the intro fiction wouldn't focus so much on how relatively garbage the Dragon-Blooded are in comparison to the Solar Exalted, but I knew that that hope was in vain.

I conceptually like the Dragon-Blooded quite a bit, but that stuff really harshes the vibe for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Equitable Remedy View Post
              I was kind of hoping that the intro fiction wouldn't focus so much on how relatively garbage the Dragon-Blooded are in comparison to the Solar Exalted, but I knew that that hope was in vain.

I conceptually like the Dragon-Blooded quite a bit, but that stuff really harshes the vibe for me.
              Tepet Arada killed a Solar, again. That's pretty badass.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

I was kind of hoping that the intro fiction wouldn't focus so much on how relatively garbage the Dragon-Blooded are in comparison to the Solar Exalted, but I knew that that hope was in vain.

Except that the main DB in that fiction talks about the time he killed his second solar (at least two anyway) and the rest of the preview talks about how the Tepet forces got sabotaged by other Houses that specifically wanted to steal all their stuff and sell them for parts. Hell, the devs have clarified that the Bull didn't win that fight either. The Bull's campaign has stalled and he was handed such a costly fight he's gonna need a lot of time to rebuild his forces.

If the other houses didn't straight up sabotage Tepet, it's very likely that the Bull and his entire circle would be dead instead of just Fear-Eater.

So how does the intro fiction focus on DBs being garbage?

Comment

• Yeah, I feel they were presented as just enough of an underdog to justify anyone who actually manages to take a solar down getting famous for it.

It happens, but not so often that it's not gonna be a huge gold star on your resume.

Comment

I think we can't really judge it from House Tepet.

I mean, it's a fair point: the Realm did seem to be rather Worfed in a lot of the fiction of the previous books.
                    But a big part of House Tepet's deal is that they're the house that lost. You can't really explain that without showing them losing.

The key is how the other 10 houses are presented.

Comment

Considering how pyrrhic the Bull’s victory was compared to previous editions, it seems a pretty positive development in that regard to me.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• "If we are victorious in one more battle with the Romans, we shall be utterly ruined." — Pyrrhus of Epirus

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Another favourable comparison to 2e is that it wasn't originally clear that the Bull even had a circle.

Onyx Path Forums Moderator

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            ...In short, I don't feel the need for writers to tell me who in the setting does or not have a penis, thankyou very much.
                            (Except where eunuchs fulfill a specific socio-cultural role. But now I come to think of it, I can't think of any Exalted societies who do make great use of eunuchs.)...
                            In addition to Lintha, wasn't there also like an elite bodyguard group that cut out their tongues and cut off their naughtybits?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Ah yes, the Silent Legion. The Empress's personal guard.

Comment

• Putting money down now that says if we see the Silent again, they won't be programed drones. They might even be Dragon-Blooded fanatically loyal enough to become eunuchs so they won't have viable familial interests conflicting with their duties.

Thought the fact that those duties in the Empress's absence are... unclear... opens up interesting player character potential.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X