X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Synapse
    • Nov 2013

http://theonyxpath.com/wp-content/up...theChosen1.jpg

Octopus thingie, Trident, Giant Robot...Yeah, I think we are.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
      Octopus thingie, Trident, Giant Robot...Yeah, I think we are.
      So why did you say it "got torn in half?"

He/him

Comment

• marin
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Andreabertocci View Post
        If DB is going to Kickstart next year! When the hell book will coming out!?!?!? in 2019?
        Rich Thomas would like to get the KS rolling while the book's in layout, but that depends on how things line up. If they manage it, then the book would be with backers about a month or two after the KS.

Comment

• The Wizard of Oz
          • Feb 2014

Yeah, it won't be like the Exalted Core kickstarter. It'll be kickstarted when it's almost finished.

Personally, I expect Arms to be out by Christmas, and DB some time in late Spring. But we'll see.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Synapse
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            So why did you say it "got torn in half?"
            Look at the image and imagine what's under the tentacle. There's no continuity between upper and lower torso. Comparing to my posing doll its legs are probably detached from each other too.

Comment

• Isator Levi
              • Nov 2013

I disagree with your read on the art (I see no sense of discontinuity in the warstrider's body), but it at least provides the context to understand your original statement as a criticism rather than being literal.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Synapse
                • Nov 2013

There is a blank space between the tentacle's folds around its torso where there should be more torso. The left leg can't connect anywhere, unless the lower torso is much thinner than a humanoid body's torso would be.

It's a lovely image, don't get me wrong, but it's literally broken if it didn't mean to depict the strider being dismantled in the struggle (which I also like XD, either way minor adjustments probably fix it).
                Last edited by Synapse; 10-05-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Jen
                  • Nov 2013

I agree with Synapse, the warstrider's right leg is definitely disconnected from its main body.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Gonzo
                    • Nov 2013

Mmmm, it's great to see Arms is closer. But... personal opinion ahead: some of Ex3's art still look sad, generic and while decent, some completely lack the visual signature of past editions.

Is that supposed to be an aquatic warstrider or a generic semi-human-sized-mecha-knight?

The studio could really try to make those pics a bit brighter, many of them look like badly illuminated movies where you get tired of squinting your eyes.

The following I mean in a good way: Good work OP, but it can still get much better!

Join the Strife

Comment

• Epee102
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      Mmmm, it's great to see Arms is closer. But... personal opinion ahead: some of Ex3's art still look sad, generic and while decent, some completely lack the visual signature of past editions.

Is that supposed to be an aquatic warstrider or a generic semi-human-sized-mecha-knight?

The studio could really try to make those pics a bit brighter, many of them look like badly illuminated movies where you get tired of squinting your eyes.

The following I mean in a good way: Good work OP, but it can still get much better!

Aquatic Warstrider. We got the name from Ask DEvs, but it escapes me at the momement.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                      Many Limbed Manual
                      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Epee102
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                        I agree with Synapse, the warstrider's right leg is definitely disconnected from its main body.
                        Or at least broken, with the way it's foot bent. I wonder how hard it is to repair damage like that.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                        Many Limbed Manual
                        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Working...