Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication Artifacts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Communication Artifacts?

    Hey so I'm looking for artifacts, magitech, or other ideas as to how to facilitate communication across long distances between an exalt and various groups. Here's the deal as my circle travels around my Night caste recruits thieves, spies, and vigilantes to be his followers. Leaving many behind as like cells to gather info and what not on the city. I want a way to be able to quickly communicate with these various cells as I travel around.

  • #2
    Isn't one of the workings examples a telepathic bond? Would that help?

    Comment


    • #3
      Well @Robertvance suggested that a "cellphone" would be a first age artifact lvl 2

      Out of artifacts you can also think of a supernal Beasts Master (lots of small pets around to communicate through)


      French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
      Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
      Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

      Comment


      • #4
        Could use something like a Palantir. Though, gotta be careful since you may not know who else is watching.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Refhi View Post
          Well @Robertvance suggested that a "cellphone" would be a first age artifact lvl 2
          Do you have a link or a place I could look for this quote as that would be amazing.

          Comment


          • #6
            For the age of sorrows I'm using Artifact 2 as the level for artifacts allowing limited, short range transmissions. Things like a pager, or some form of peer to peer 2way communication within earshot..
            For higher levels the Palantìr VHD suggested is a good start.


            Check my Exalted homebrew!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post

              Do you have a link or a place I could look for this quote as that would be amazing.
              http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...00#post1140300


              I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

              Comment


              • #8
                Cool thanks everyone. Been discussing it with the groups Twilight and we have pretty much decided on just using an ambition 1 or 2 terrestrial circle working to create a clutch of very smart and fast birds that can hunt down and deliver letters to specific people and bring letters back. Figure it is probably the easiest and doing a working to create and actual creature we can simply breed them to create more as needed. This way it is much easier to leave a way for cells to contact me or each other for little to no cost or investment after the initial working.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Check the spell Infallible Messenger. Also, keep in mind that the Realm uses a network of signalling towers that flash messages to each other via reflected light. It's entirely non-magical. The fact that the Realm does this when they have probably the easiest access to magic out of all the nations in the world, suggests that fast, reliable, long distance communication is going to be hard to do.

                  I think the messenger birds are a good way to go, but magic cell phones are very definitely First Age Artifacts and are thus either much harder to build than their dot rating would indicate or require some existing infrastructure to leverage that no longer exists.


                  ....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post
                    Cool thanks everyone. Been discussing it with the groups Twilight and we have pretty much decided on just using an ambition 1 or 2 terrestrial circle working to create a clutch of very smart and fast birds that can hunt down and deliver letters to specific people and bring letters back. Figure it is probably the easiest and doing a working to create and actual creature we can simply breed them to create more as needed. This way it is much easier to leave a way for cells to contact me or each other for little to no cost or investment after the initial working.
                    i remember someone making a first circle demon who could teleport, whose primary purpose was as a messenger for duels and challenges.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post
                      Cool thanks everyone. Been discussing it with the groups Twilight and we have pretty much decided on just using an ambition 1 or 2 terrestrial circle working to create a clutch of very smart and fast birds that can hunt down and deliver letters to specific people and bring letters back. Figure it is probably the easiest and doing a working to create and actual creature we can simply breed them to create more as needed. This way it is much easier to leave a way for cells to contact me or each other for little to no cost or investment after the initial working.
                      Wouldn't it be Terrestrial 3?

                      Either way, though, make sure and keep it a secret; if folks know that certain birds are carrying enemy messages, folks will shoot those birds.


                      He/him

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Wouldn't it be Terrestrial 3?
                        Well an example ambition 1 is creating creatures to serve a person or organization with basic task like house work and stuff but figure these birds are probably a little more advanced then that so thinking probably a 2.

                        Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Either way, though, make sure and keep it a secret; if folks know that certain birds are carrying enemy messages, folks will shoot those birds.
                        Yeah of course mainly going to be for me to send messages to the cells in my spy network or if other circle members maybe want to get a message out to someone. Going to try to make them as normal looking as possible and they are going to be really fast like 100 mph flight speed or something so hopefully that will help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "Going 100+ mph" is not going to help them seem unobtrusive. Most birds maintain a leisurely 30 unless they're actively hunting or being hunted.


                          He/him

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm pretty sure there used to be a cartoon about this sort of thing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              "Going 100+ mph" is not going to help them seem unobtrusive. Most birds maintain a leisurely 30 unless they're actively hunting or being hunted.

                              Your right it doesn't make them less obvious but harder to shoot and more effective for message delivery if we wanted normal bird speed we would just train some carrier pidgeons.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X