RWBY Volume 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWBY Volume 5

Well, with one day until the theatrical release of Volume 5, I figured it was high time to set up the thread, especially since Volume 5's shaping up to be quite the action-packed volume (or at least more so than the prior volume). In case you haven't seen them, here are Weiss's and Blake's character shorts, and this is the trailer for the season. Yang's trailer is apparently hitting YouTube on Saturday, and while First Members get the episode on Saturday as usual (with it hitting YouTube next week, again as usual), free members have to wait until Tuesday to get it rather than Sunday. I'm a little disappointed about the Tuesday thing, but at least we won't have to wait a week to see it like with Camp Camp. Plus there's the whole pun thing -- I wonder if Barbara had a say in the release schedule...

So, who here's hyped for the season? I know I am. The character shorts look awesome, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Got a ticket to tomorrow's theater release. I am ready for this Volume.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I am experiencing all of the hype. RWBY is top-notch, thanks for the trailer link.

The Lunar Castebooks fan project

Comment

Wait. Why is this in the exalted forum?

Comment

Because Volumes 1–4 were. And they were here because RWBY has very strong Exalted vibes.

Comment

In the Exalted context, I'm really excited about Adam Taurus this season. He's a good example of what a top Lunar warmonger should be like.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
            [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
            [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Racking up points with Amoth City-Smiter.

The Lunar Castebooks fan project

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                In the Exalted context, I'm really excited about Adam Taurus this season. He's a good example of what a top Lunar warmonger should be like.
                Lunarness is tough to find in RWBY, since just about everyone tends to fall under the "excellent ability" vibe. I'd peg him just as easily as a solar or abyssal, for example. Especially abyssal since he has this genocidal penchant.

Exceptions are what? Penny's an easy alchie, velvet's flexible combat mimicry is fertile ground for lunar prowess...

Comment

I think what they're going with is that Faunuses (Fauna?) are all Lunars, due to their part-beast nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                    Lunarness is tough to find in RWBY
                    I'd argue it is tough to find anywhere, in anything.

since just about everyone tends to fall under the "excellent ability" vibe. I'd peg him just as easily as a solar or abyssal, for example. Especially abyssal since he has this genocidal penchant.

Exceptions are what? Penny's an easy alchie, velvet's flexible combat mimicry is fertile ground for lunar prowess...
                    Qrow and Raven can shapeshift into birds and were raised by a roving bandit tribe.

Other than that, most everyone is roughly equivalent to Dragon-Blooded, right down to hereditary heroism.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                      I think what they're going with is that Faunuses (Fauna?) are all Lunars, due to their part-beast nature.
                      Nah, Faunus are Creation's beastfolk. A few helpful mutations but nothing on the level of Terrestrial/Celestial power difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post

Lunarness is tough to find in RWBY, since just about everyone tends to fall under the "excellent ability" vibe. I'd peg him just as easily as a solar or abyssal, for example. Especially abyssal since he has this genocidal penchant.
                        "We're better than the Dragon-Blooded. We have everything the Dragon-Blooded have and more."

That's the Lunar narrative right there. The Dragon-Blooded have what should be yours, and the best way to get it is to turn yourself into a monster and raze their cities to the ground.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

I'm not super hype about the premiere, but I'm happy that the volume is starting. It's likely to get moving fairly quickly, and there are several upcoming events I'm waiting for.

The reunion of team RWBY. This is almost bound to happen, and I think it'll be sooner rather than later, but at least before the volume ends. It's bound to be good.

There might be a confrontation with Adam. I wonder whose fight he is now. He's certainly Blake's conflict, but I think there's a good chance Yang will be the one doing the bashing.

And I'm hoping we'll see Cinder back in action this volume as well.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

I'm hoping it's the last volume we see cinder in. Preferably because Ruby takes her head off, and Emerald's too.

Yes, I'm still sore about Penny.

Anyway, I'm guessing we'll see more Tyrian and the rest of Salem's lackeys actually do something. I mean that's the real question isn't it. What are they doing for her, and why?

Comment

Penny will be back. She's an android. The only question is if Jepetto or Roman puts her back together.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                              Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                              Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                              The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                              ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Working...
                              X