RWBY Volume 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really think that Penny is dead?

I do agree about Solar Flare though. Those two have never even directly interacted. But they would make great blonde bread for a Kitty sammich.

we need to start some way of naming the 3somes. Some are good compromises to the various pair offs.

Speaking of pair ofds, anyone nktice Oscar seems rather smitten with Ruby?
    Last edited by vampire hunter D; 11-02-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
      You really think that Penny is dead?
      I do. They made a big deal of the fact she had a soul. She was a real girl. And real girls die.

Comment

• Penny had a plan for a way to give Atlas the slip and attend Beacon with Ruby. We haven’t yet seen that plan.

Rooster Teeth apparently once said that Penny was like their Ayanami Rei, and one interpretation of Rei was “one soul, many replacement bodies”.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
          I do. They made a big deal of the fact she had a soul. She was a real girl. And real girls die.
          "Death" means something different when you're made of pieces that can be reassembled.* Plus, there was that shadowy figure watching the fight in season 3, who I presume was Penny's maker - if they don't reappear and do something important, that would be a substantial waste of plot-potential. I have difficulty imagining that "something" would not involve reintroducing Penny in some form.

* On that note, the main reason I'm sure Pyrrha isn't coming back is because her body was incinerated and her armor was melted down. There's literally nothing left of her but memories.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by semicasual View Post
            Plus, there was that shadowy figure watching the fight in season 3, who I presume was Penny's maker - if they don't reappear and do something important, that would be a substantial waste of plot-potential. I have difficulty imagining that "something" would not involve reintroducing Penny in some form.
            There is nothing to indicate he can make more Pennys. That he was shown could simply be:
            -To show that even her creator cared about her and was angry at her death.
            -To show that her creator is not happy and might become a minor villain later out of spite
            -To show that her creator is vowing to make the next model tougher but less compassionate
            -A red herring. (I don't believe this one either, but it is possible, in particular since scripting had to go to new writers, unfortunately.)

Penny 2.0 is possible, but by no means guaranteed.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

• Anyone else notice how very, very oddly similar Raven and Adam are? Or just me?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                Anyone else notice how very, very oddly similar Raven and Adam are? Or just me?
                Depends, they both have the my goal is all that matters thing going for them mixed with seeming to only have minimal care about other things. That said Raven had very little screen time so far, which does make it hard to get a bead on her personality. At least as far as extremes and how much of that is something comes from the job or is her own thing. Where are you thinking?

Comment

• They also appear to be wielding similar weapons (Katanas in sheaths that seem to be guns), fight similarly (from what little has been shown) and both wear red/black with white masks.

What that means? I don't know. A Hyde-style dual personality? She trained him? Adam is Yang's brother? Coincidence? We might know more by the end of the season, but right now that aren't a lot of clues.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

I do agree about Solar Flare though. Those two have never even directly interacted. But they would make great blonde bread for a Kitty sammich.
                    Plus if RT wanted to show unconventional relationships, a healthy and trusting three some would be a start.

Kid's the son of some farmers out in the middle of nowhere. Ruby may well be the first cute girl about his age he's had any time interacting with. And Ruby's cute as hell, so-

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BjornTheFellhanded View Post
                      They also appear to be wielding similar weapons (Katanas in sheaths that seem to be guns), fight similarly (from what little has been shown) and both wear red/black with white masks.

What that means? I don't know. A Hyde-style dual personality? She trained him? Adam is Yang's brother? Coincidence? We might know more by the end of the season, but right now that aren't a lot of clues.

Both wear grimm masks, have (as noted) a katanna that is red along the blade, fight in a similair style, and have similair color palletes, are in a protracted dispute with a cast member(Blake, Qrow) over whether they should focus on their own (Faunus, Branwen) over more global concerns, are neglectful/abusive towards a member of the main four, and have a rule by the strong mentality. Both were also involved in the destruction of settlements by grimm attacks, and both have <spoilers> killed significantly more intreasting characters or nearly done so</spoilers> , are noted for being exceptionally charismatic and recently rising to promience in their organizations.

Comment

Both wear grimm masks, have (as noted) a katanna that is red along the blade, fight in a similair style, and have similair color palletes, are in a protracted dispute with a cast member(Blake, Qrow) over whether they should focus on their own (Faunus, Branwen) over more global concerns, are neglectful/abusive towards a member of the main four, and have a rule by the strong mentality. Both were also involved in the destruction of settlements by grimm attacks, and both have <spoilers> killed significantly more intreasting characters or nearly done so</spoilers> , are noted for being exceptionally charismatic and recently rising to promience in their organizations.
                        Wait when did Raven kill,maim, or nearly kill anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                          Wait when did Raven kill,maim, or nearly kill anyone?
                          I'm thinking of the Neo fight. Which is a significant stretch.

Comment

You really think that Penny is dead?
                            Nah, I don't. It's meta, but if Penny was dead, they'd have made a bigger deal of it. The fact that they've only mentioned her name a few times while Pyrrha's death has had a great effect on several main characters makes me think they're waiting for her to sink into the back of our minds before they spring Penny 2.0 at us.

I mean, they should have made her death a bigger deal right away, and I agree that this is inconsistent with her having a soul like a real girl, but I don't think anyone ever gave RWBY points for writing consistently. I mean, there's a scene in season 2 they actually declared non-canon by Word of God, just like that.

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                            I saw it more as him being awkward. But I can see it. Ruby is attractive in a cute way and intriguing in that she possesses great power. Oscar could certainly do worse than Ruby. But I do wonder how it'd feel to know she'd also be dating her headmaster, not to mention that she just learned said headmaster is an ageless bodyjumper. I don't really care that much, but they'd have to at least bring that up before I can buy RubyxOscar.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• Actually it would be nice to hear about how the Ozpin/Oscar thing works. Like narratively speaking I don't think they'll reveal something that would mean Ozpin will eventually assimilate Oscar. Still, it would be nice to know if this is a temporary thing until Ozpin finds a means to regain a body, if he'll eventually fade into Oscar's mind, or if Oscar will have Ozpin in his head for the rest of his life.

Comment

Anyone else notice how very, very oddly similar Raven and Adam are? Or just me?
                                You know, I hadn't actually thought about that. They do share a lot of aesthetic details, use the same type of weapon, and are involved in a rebel/outcast organisation. They also have a philosophy promoting the rule of the strong.

I think it might be a more thematically interesting comparison than something signifying a real relation between them, but I suppose we'll see.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Working...
                                X