Musing and Theorizing about the New Exalts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Why is having your own language, or a Primordial origin story, a strike against being counted as human?

I mean, humans had both of those things in 2e.
    I mean they were portrayed as manatee people and nothing said they were descended from humanetees at all, these were just peoples opinions tacked onto them. And instead of using a common human language or even Old Realm they also had their own Language.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Why is having your own language, or a Primordial origin story, a strike against being counted as human?
      I think he's referring to this.

Assorted homebrew goes here.
      Please help the Ex3 wiki grow. Even if it's just posting existing homebrew there so there's less chance of losing it.

Comment

Ah, see, I couldn't remember it being explicated that they couldn't interbreed with humans, couldn't Exalt, et cetera.; admittedly, I'm at fault here, as I wasn't willing to crack open a 2e book and check. >.>

Comment

I was wondering if the Chosen of the Depths might strictly be pelagothorpes, or have included Exalted from many quarters who joined up with the Niobraran League, but the statement seemed to be fairly clear on the former.

​I'd wonder if that meant an especially large number of Celestial Exalted winded up coming from the ranks of a major force of opposition, but even if there was not, a small number could still make a large contribution to what could be an overall powerful force.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Hakkonen View Post
            On an unrelated note, I think ratcheting up the conflict between the Bronze and Gold Sidereals to actual civil-war levels makes far more sense than introducing the Getimians.
            I think that's the worst thing you could possibly do to the Bronze Faction.

Simple Exigent Guidelines, a work in progress

Comment

Well, the Getimians' entire shtick is existing when they shouldn't, so thematically...

Comment

Yes, the idea of making the conflict within Sidereals an outright civil war... that's the kind of thing that I find can't help but consume the entire setting of Yu-Shan and be a massive, overwhelming distraction in stories played with Sidereals, or even featuring them. That and how there are so few of them, it's not exactly a sustainable conflict.

​Besides, part of what's interesting about Sidereals is that, even when they have disagreements, they still have a collective job to do, and it often has to come first (even if it consists of a team that has some tension).

That has nothing much to do with Getimians themselves, but it at least counters the statement "Sidereals should fight each other" as a refutation of them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Weird though that has crossed my mind is the "Derived From Sleep" as a sideways reference to the Awakened - as in "becoming something than Sleepers of once'", so to speak. 100% flight of fancy with no basis on any sources whatsoever.

Also, must admit the "lady of the glow" in the "other Chosen" looks a lot like Manosque Cyan to me, enough that i might be open to the possibility of armored dude at right not being an Infernal...

As an aside, where are those "Derived From Sleep", the "Bitten Soul Deep" and "The Spoken" referenced as such and (somewhat) described?

Comment

Green Sun Princes aren't entirely new, but there are probably going to be enough revisions to them that they warrant a bit of speculation.

​I already brought the question of how they might be set up prior to their hard back, but I'm also wondering about ways in which they might still be mysterious to Creation at large.

​Possibly in a manner of the Infernals benefiting from coming back along with the other Solars, and the largeness and obscurity of Creation, that they're able to kind of disappear into the crowd; that in a certain manner, they're kind of mistaken for Solars by people who aren't in a position to check very closely (in a manner of speaking).

​This as distinct from Second Edition's presentation in which they practiced an active and necessary secrecy, because they were all in on a covert master plan that needed to be carried out under the nose of Heaven. More of a thing where a combination of factors means that they benefit from not being immediately recognised for what they are, even while they're actively doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                      As an aside, where are those "Derived From Sleep", the "Bitten Soul Deep" and "The Spoken" referenced as such and (somewhat) described?
                      So. The first two are descriptions; that's basically all we know of them, we don't even know what their actual names are. I think hatewheel gave them those descriptions on his Twitter.

The Spoken... this old quote of hatewheel's is basically what we know of them; I think it comes from an old interview:

The Niobraran League represents a vast host of different races, cultures, and belief systems. They were not a proper League until the destruction of the Lintha Empire. Many of them were enemies. But one thing many of these disparate races had in common, was belief in the Voice of the Trench. The great trench, at the deepest part of the ocean, where the poles reach a true confluence, is believed by them to be the source of the universe, the origin of Creation. To them, the Voice of the Trench is God. His Chosen are the Spoken, which he called into existence. They too have the power of the Voice to call things into being. They can call upon the powers of the oceanic gods, for example, calling down the brimstone rain that fell upon the Burning Isles as in the beginning. They can call upon the aid of sea creatures and pelagic horrors and command them. They can call upon the powers of the tsunami, the quake, the maelstrom, and the vent. They are terrifying champions and counterparts to the Chosen of the Depths, who are quite a bit different.
                      The present devs have said the Spoken are extinct in the present.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Also, must admit the "lady of the glow" in the "other Chosen" looks a lot like Manosque Cyan to me, enough that i might be open to the possibility of armored dude at right not being an Infernal...
                        If I'm not mistaken, it was confirmed to not be the case (that is, that she is not Cyan, and that the infernal is the armored guy.)
                        Last edited by LostLight; 02-11-2018, 03:18 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post

If I'm not mistaken, it was confirmed to not be the case (that is, that she is not Cyan, and that the infernal is not the armored guy.)
                          Now that is quite baffling - considering we have one alchemical in the image, i would expect the other unmentioned Chosen, the Infernal, to also figure on it among the others. But if it ain't either of the aforementioned two, i honestly have no idea whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                            Green Sun Princes aren't entirely new, but there are probably going to be enough revisions to them that they warrant a bit of speculation.

​I already brought the question of how they might be set up prior to their hard back, but I'm also wondering about ways in which they might still be mysterious to Creation at large.

​Possibly in a manner of the Infernals benefiting from coming back along with the other Solars, and the largeness and obscurity of Creation, that they're able to kind of disappear into the crowd; that in a certain manner, they're kind of mistaken for Solars by people who aren't in a position to check very closely (in a manner of speaking).

​This as distinct from Second Edition's presentation in which they practiced an active and necessary secrecy, because they were all in on a covert master plan that needed to be carried out under the nose of Heaven. More of a thing where a combination of factors means that they benefit from not being immediately recognised for what they are, even while they're actively doing things.
                            Like people might just point to them and call them Solar Anathema and not be able to parse that they're like, actually kinda demonic instead of being metaphorically demonic?

Comment

Now that is quite baffling - considering we have one alchemical in the image, i would expect the other unmentioned Chosen, the Infernal, to also figure on it among the others. But if it ain't either of the aforementioned two, i honestly have no idea whatsoever.

Armored man is an Infernal. The others in the pic were all identified in the ask thread.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post

Like people might just point to them and call them Solar Anathema and not be able to parse that they're like, actually kinda demonic instead of being metaphorically demonic?

I've always kinda wanted Infernals to fit more neatly into lay person expectations of solars then solars themselves honestly.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Working...
                                X