Lunar Castebooks Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Castebooks Project

Greetings, fellow forumites. My co-author and I are overjoyed to reveal this project we've been working on all year here, on archive of our own (AO3). It is a fan project covering all the Lunar Castebooks we both wish were real, Changing Moon, Full Moon, No Moon, and Casteless. We won't be posting it all right away, but we will be posting five times a week (M/W/F/Sa/Su). Every so often I'll post some direct links here.

I know we won't hit everyone's collective personal ideals for Lunars, (who could? That Venn diagram has no intersection) but I do hope we can give everyone some enjoyable stories that expand Creation in our own small way. Happy reading.
    Last edited by Tikor; 11-01-2017, 05:43 AM.

Sidereal Jumpstart (3e fanwork Charmset)
    Cascades (the above in flowchart form)

I'm enjoying it. So far there aren't that much lunar stuff out compared to the other exalted. Keep it up

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. We will certainly keep it up.
      Last edited by Tikor; 11-15-2017, 08:13 PM. Reason: Deleted out of date percentages

Comment

Hello again.

A warning to our readers. Lilith's trials necessarily deal with Desus. When we post Lilith, we'll be upping the story's rating to mature and adding the tags associated with their domestic violence. So, for those in for a teen-rated good time, please skip Lilith's 'The Trials We Face' chapter.

Comment

So I have looked though all of the chapters you have out so far and I have a problem with your characters. The whole point of this book is to provide readers with npcs or inspiration for their Changing Moon characters right? The problem is that most of them don’t come off as good at social stuff. Seriously out of 6 characters only Tamez and Seven Devil Clever come off as skilled socialites. I mean if I’m playing a Changing Moon I likely want to play a social character right? Aside from that and the force on the silver pact that I personally just don’t like I think this is pretty good. I understand what’s being said and I feel I understand the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
            So I have looked though all of the chapters you have out so far and I have a problem with your characters. The whole point of this book is to provide readers with npcs or inspiration for their Changing Moon characters right? The problem is that most of them don’t come off as good at social stuff. Seriously out of 6 characters only Tamez and Seven Devil Clever come off as skilled socialites. I mean if I’m playing a Changing Moon I likely want to play a social character right? Aside from that and the force on the silver pact that I personally just don’t like I think this is pretty good. I understand what’s being said and I feel I understand the characters.

I can agree a bit but also you have to think that Changing moon is 3 cast in 1 and from 2nd edition that we can base a bit of
            Waxing moon, Charisma, Manipulation and apperance
            Half moon: Charisma Perception and intelligence
            Waning moon Dexterity Manipulation and Wits
            If we are just going to with the attribute speciality and they story they write is about how the characters in the Changing moon cast is also and how they were treated and other stuff.

Comment

To be honest I usually ignore the whole 3 in 1 thing. I don't see much gameplay or storytelling value in keeping it. Not enough that keeping it simple with 3 or just adding 2 more caste if you want to wouldn't be the better choice.

By the way out of the characters shown who would be a half moon and who would be a waning moon because I really can't tell.
              Last edited by Looker; 11-22-2017, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I have some surprises waiting for the mechanics chapters~

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
                  To be honest I usually ignore the whole 3 in 1 thing. I don't see much gameplay or storytelling value in keeping it. Not enough that keeping it simple with 3 or just adding 2 more caste if you want to wouldn't be the better choice.

By the way out of the characters shown who would be a half moon and who would be a waning moon because I really can't tell.

Well The Trial We Face has a good explanation about the Changing moon cast imo
                  Also in some of the text you can find hints or obvious proof of what the characters cast was before they became changing moon. Lilith for example, is written in The Aftermath chapter that she was a waning moon just for an example and until the 3rd edition of the Lunar book is realesed I'm going with the 2nd edition Lunar book and also Scrolls of Exalted + Lords of creation. It is a good read and Tikor and co author is doing a fine job so far imo
                  Last edited by Illaden; 11-22-2017, 07:04 AM.

Comment

I haven't read Arms of the Chosen yet, these Artifacts and Evocations were written long ago. I hope they are still of use in the 3e meta, and inform on the characters that use them in the Castebooks.

Comment

Haven't checked in for a while. Nice work

Comment

Thanks! I'm hoping that my homebrew of Lunar Hero Style is useful to those folks always looking for esoteric martial arts.

Comment

Hello again, forum. Just a little necromancy from me to note that the second post of this thread now contains every link to the works and chapters in the fan project Castebook: Changing Moon. Instead of updating with a link for each post, I'll just mention that the Full Moon fan project is being posted five days a week currently (at least when life doesn't get in the way) with the same work/chapter structure. I hope you enjoy both! Plans include No Moon and Casteless to come as well!

Comment

Big Lunars fan, looking forward to catching up with this.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Working...
                            X