Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How common are (non-Player) Exalts in your games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I kind of compares it to dollar billionaires, world leaders, and A-list celebrities in the real world. While people might not have heard about all of them, they most likely have heard about some of them (which even was true when silent movies was the new hot thing). The odds of meeting them, unless moving in certain circles, is very slim.

Solar and Lunars tend to lump themselves together in small groups, making it less likely to encounter them, but when doing so it is possible they're not alone.

However, it is likely the thing catching the player characters attention also catches the attention of Exalted NPCs, and they will most likely hear about each other. So the player characters would have to be very good at keeping a low profile to never run into another Celestial Exalt if they are ones themselves. Considering I've seen players accidentally found a village while trying to have their Solar characters keep a low profile, I just see it as a matter of time until they run into others.

Comment

Okay so my players encountered;

7 Abyssals. The baddies basically.
      3 Lunars, and knew of one indirectly who was a foe
      1 Exigent
      3 Sidereals
      1 other Solar indirectly, they never actually met them directly either
      1 Infernal
      And a bunch of Dragon-Blooded, some friends, mostly foes (but the most fleshed out ones were friends because they, you know, talked to them more. There was... three? That were on their side? Yeah I think that's it).

And that was a campaign that lasted for a few months past a year. Five player Solar group.

Comment

So that begs the question (especially as I'm planning out a campaign). Who have been the antagonists for your campaigns?

Comment

In ask the Devs thread I believe vance stated there was around 200 Exigent

Comment

Originally posted by Deverash View Post
            So that begs the question (especially as I'm planning out a campaign). Who have been the antagonists for your campaigns?

Bit of a hodge-podge - I'm showcasing a mêlée à trois between a Sideral sub-directorate and two Deathlords duking it out, although it's likely one of the Deathlords takes the main antagonist seat at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              In ask the Devs thread I believe vance stated there was around 200 Exigent
              Actually, he said that they were to least common of the Exalt types. That’s why I pegged it at 50 - which doesn’t really make them the least common ones, but they seem to cool for there to only be a few dozen....

Comment

Looking at my game which has run for about 10 months in the Dreaming Sea area
                -Bunch of Dragon Blooded, rulers of cities, monks, people from the Realm in exile.
                -Bunch Dragon Kings, both in Rathass and throughout cities
                -1 Solar
                -2 Sidereals
                -1 Getimian
                -1 Liminal
                -2 Exigents (one from the God of Gold and one of Vaneleth)
                -2+ Lunars (PCs ended last session meeting one)
                -3 Abyssals, only one they actively fought,
                -2 Deathlords,
                -lots of shark people
                -1 behemoth that took over multiple bodies and was a massive problem until one of the PCs tricked it into taking an Oath.

Comment

I think what happened is originally the devs said there was only about 50 Exigents, but later they changed their minds and said it was more like 200.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Abyssals, Lunars, Dragon-blooded, a Solar, some Gods and that, I guess mortals they steamrolled mostly

Comment

Starting unexalted certainly helps as mortals work great after that Mostly spirits (gods, demons and ghosts), mortal sorcerers, martial artists (not canon anymore but who cares), mortals augmented with sorcery and minor artifacts, the exalts will become more common in my campaign as the players hit Essence 3 reasonably soon (session 40ish something perhaps) but before that I like there not to be an exalt behind every plot. It surely becomes necessarily at some point however even for a mixed group like mine (1 of each Lunar, Solar, Abyssal, DB and Sid).

Comment

I thought the number of Exigents at the time of the Empress' disappearance was around or below 50, and that the most ever at one time was like 200.

Comment

Our Exalted game (which I run) has just finished its first major story arc, over 15 sessions + 4 exaltation sessions since last summer. All the main story sessions have taken place on Lujira, the large island in the Dreaming Sea south-west of Champoor, where a house V'neef trading colony has found itself cut off from all material support and various factions within Prasad plot both for control of both the lucrative trade routes it controls and against each other. Checking the wiki category "Five Suns Rising NPCs" reveals the following demographics for named characters:
                          • 4 Solars (the PCs)
                          • 47 Mortals,
                          • 30 Dragonblooded,
                          • 1 Lunar,
                          • 2 Gods,
                          • 1 Elemental,
                          • 2 Demons,
                          • 1 Raksha,
                          • 1 First Age Magical Construct,
                          • 0 Solar NPCs.
                          • 0 Infernals, Abyssals, Sidereals or others
                          When we get round to Book II the first thing I plan to do is send the Eclipse (who has Contacts 3) player a number of rumours and reports concerning other Solars who are making their impact felt in the world, though whether the players follow up on these or whether these prophets, warlords and kings impact on Lujira and its environs in a significant way is to be determined. The Dawn's player has also suggested a plot line involving a Lunar and Abyssal, which will certainly make and appearance in the game, perhaps as an interlude.
                          Last edited by Handigar; 11-14-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

So, since we're doing numbers, I think they encountered, in about 30 sessions of 3rd ed:
                            6 Solars
                            3 Abyssals
                            1 Liminal
                            13 DBs (but some quite briefly)
                            1 god-blood of Ahlat (with essence 1-4 Ahlat charms)
                            2 Sidereals
                            2 Lunars (there were other Lunars around, they just avoided each other)
                            2 2nd-circle demons

This is a lot less than in my 2nd ed game, where they must have met about 15 Abyssals, 8 or 9 Solars, 6 or 7 Sidereals, 5-10 Lunars, maybe 20 DBs.
                            But as I said, I just found that with so many, they became generic and unmemorable, and Exalts, especially Celestial Exalts, need to be memorable.

What number you need to make that happen is going to depend on the game, ST, and players, however.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

~10 sessions, 2 Exigents, 1 Lunar, 1 Sidereal, full circle of Abyssalls, a dozen or so dragonblood mentioned or met.

Comment

31 sessions: one DB, one possible DB (I'm still undecided on whether she should be mortal or Exalted), one mentioned DB, one Lunar, and one probable Lunar.

Comment

Working...
                                X