Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms of the Chosen

You can now find and download the PDF at Drivethrurpg. Happy reading.

Does anyone know who the character is on the front cover? Is she new or am I just forgeting things?

And of course the list of inspiring media does not disappoint. Fate/Zero and Escaflowne are certainly what I think of when it comes to panolpy and Warstriders in Exalted.
    Last edited by Ostarion; 11-15-2017, 06:01 AM.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
    -Zhuangzi

Annoyingly, I have to go to work now so don't have the time to look through it properly. But the art seems good.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

I was happy to help back the original Kickstarter so that it is all in color, fantastic so far (reading it in order)

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
      -Zhuangzi

Comment

They did it. This is incredible.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

But my real question is... why does that artificier have a small blue monkey? Is the monkey dead? Is he just hanging out? Is he so fed up of these damn arguing exalts? Because that's his expression.

On a wider note, I like the way that, although the art no longer looks manga-style, they have given quite a lot of it an east-Asian feel, which makes it feel a bit more appropriate for Exalted's thematic base, a bit less euro-fantasy. Lots of lamellar-style armour, Chinese-style clothes. Even a Samurai-style set of armour.

Also, a lot of the art looks a similar style (I think most of it was done by the same team?) which makes it feel more unified than the art in the core.

Also, you can get a blue jade umbrella as your weapon. It protects you from rain!

But that's all I've had time to look at so far.
          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 11-15-2017, 06:40 AM.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

So at some point Arianna lost an arm.

I scanned through it at 5 in the morning, so no more comment.

Comment

There is so much story in all of this, how do they keep it straight? I am assuming they will revisit the most relevant plot elements so hopefully they have it all organized somewhere, but it seems inundating.

-Zhuangzi

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                But my real question is... why does that artificier have a small blue monkey? Is the monkey dead? Is he just hanging out? Is he so fed up of these damn arguing exalts? Because that's his expression.
                Pretty sure that is a Chillikin still being constructed. Though it is odd because they are supposed the be engineered lifeforms, not literal artifacts to put put together like some robot to be turned on when complete.

Comment

Two things I noted.

1) Is it the Niobaran conflict or Niobraran? The intro piece has the latter, where it is normally the former here.
                  2) The Era entry for most of these seems... unintelligible. Is there somewhere I can go to decipher timeframes for these?

Comment

All right, let's see what we've got.

​(I promise that my review will be less scattershot than I have done for previous books)

​I like that cover; quite apart from being evocative of a scene in the Time of Tumult, it has to be the largest variety of artifacts ever gathered into one illustration, which should provide ample inspiration for what any given one might look like.

Let's see... first chapter about making them, and then remaining ones about various lists divided by certain categories. Sounds good.

​So, Introduction:

​A list of various magical items throughout folklore in fiction is a very good way to start, both to root the subject in context and to provide further inspiration, before going into doing the same for those of Exalted.

​Now, an explanation of what those historical eras attached to previewed Artifacts refers to...

Hehehe, fragmentary, mythic information, pieced together from innumerable sources with varying degrees of distortion by time, bias, or simply limited context. I couldn't have asked for better.

Nothing much to say on the Resources, although they all look pretty solid.

​Now, on to the meat of the thing.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Oh, chapter fiction in a book such as this. Interesting, but unexpected; I'll read them, but reserve comment for a bit later.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Oh, wait until you start reading the entries, that opening information was just a tease. Its written as if everything was already established and laid out by in-world sources and claims.
                        Last edited by Ostarion; 11-15-2017, 07:34 AM.

-Zhuangzi

Comment

Originally posted by Ostarion View Post
                          You can now find and download the PDF at Drivethrurpg. Happy reading.

Does anyone know who the character is on the front cover? Is she new or am I just forgeting things?

And of course the list of inspiring media does not disappoint. Fate/Zero and Escaflowne are certainly what I think of when it comes to panolpy and Warstriders in Exalted.
                          For some reason I’m not finding it. Got a link?

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive

Comment

Hang on one Wyldforsaken minute. I can't find the product on DriveThruRPG when I search for it?

Does anyone have a link?

Edit: The Sidereals are quick today.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Working...
                              X