Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

I almost posted this exact thing today. I'd love to see trauma bear snuck into many books as we go. Also Frosty Dorito Island.

In all seriousness I wish they'd name said island, canonically state little is known about it since few go there and return, and leave it at that for tables to fill in. The status quo of not mentioning it at all just leaves it being called Frosty Dorito Island by fans which leaves it being seen as something silly rather than existing for the purpose it was actually drawn for (being an isolated Arctic type local where you can do stories like "The Thing" or any given Doctor Who story that's about a bunch of people trapped in a place together where something weird starts happening).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

In all seriousness I wish they'd name said island, canonically state little is known about it since few go there and return, and leave it at that for tables to fill in. The status quo of not mentioning it at all just leaves it being called Frosty Dorito Island by fans which leaves it being seen as something silly rather than existing for the purpose it was actually drawn for (being an isolated Arctic type local where you can do stories like "The Thing" or any given Doctor Who story that's about a bunch of people trapped in a place together where something weird starts happening).
      We're planning to cover it in an upcoming setting book.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Are we sure Trauma Bear isn't one of the figures Karvara is shown tossing toward its maw? I was too captivated by the Devil Tower to pay much attention to its snacks.

Comment

• Those are very, very obviously humans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

We're planning to cover it in an upcoming setting book.
            This sounds like a reasonable way to soothe SLS's heart over the whole frosty dorito thing.

<3

Comment

• For me it shall always be Frosty Dorito Island.

Comment

• Really, I'm only ironically annoyed. I know how fandoms work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
                  Really, I'm only ironically annoyed. I know how fandoms work.
                  Don't let them beat you!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Call it the Island of the Frozen Ma(i)ze.

Comment

• Something I just noticed, which I didn't notice before because of how well it worked.

To whomever is responsible for separating out the evocations with a different background colour than the hearthstone base powers, I love you!
                      I found this makes it way easier to read the powers & ability section without things bleeding into one another.

Comment

No! You can't let us know your frustrations are ironic! Now half the fun of calling it Frosty Dorito Island is gone!

(I'm joking)

Comment

• Arms of the Chosen inspired in me an idea for a moonsilver ring that would let Lunar Exalted use the Heart's Blood of living victims against them in a way that would be utterly broken if it were done through Lunar Charms.

It amuses me that my other idea, a Warstrider that borrows Lunar's Heart-Blood for shapeshifting into behemoths, represents the complete opposite side of the scale. One tiny artifact and one huge artifact.

A perfect Changing Moon and Full Moon pair of artifacts, really.

The No Moon artifact would be one that takes advantage of moonsilver's sorcerous potentials; a sorcerous phylactery geared for spells that transform targets.

I don't know what physical shape this artifact would take, but I like the idea of a Lunar using it to countermagic a spell to turn someone into an animal, and then using the stolen motes and an Evocation to turn around and curse the other sorceror into an animal's shape. Or to use the motes to fuel her own Heart's Blood transformations.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• If I ever get a chance to play another Supernal Thrown character (I probably won't, they're silly), I'll take the Frost-Thorn Knuckles on them. They're fantastically mean, and I eagerly anticipate the look on the Storyteller's face when he or she realizes that wound penalties, Joint-Wounding Attack, and Glacial Beast Claw has reduced an antagonist's Dexterity + Dodge pool to zero.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to make of Ravening Fimbulwinter Approach. It's a neat charm, but it treats the results of a rush roll as a reflexive attack in a way that seems to be unprecedented. Here's an example, as I understand it. The wielder of the Frost-Thorn Knuckles rushes an enemy and rolls seven successes to their three successes. They activate Ravening Fimbulwinter Approach, and attack (unrolled) with the four remaining successes. If this exceeds or matches the defender's Defense, they roll the relevant decisive damage dice.

The ambiguity comes from adjudication of the defender's charm use. When does the defending character declare parry or evasion enhancers? Do they have to declare charms like Dipping Swallow Defense or Dodge Excellency during the initial rush, or can they spend essence after the rush is successful? If it's the latter, they receive the benefit of being able to spend precisely enough essence to avoid the attack. If it's the former, they're forced to spend essence defending against an attack that might never happen. What's the correct play here?

Comment

• Does anyone else refer to the benefits you get to first attuning to an Artifact it's "attunement bonus"?

Because they all still have one, even if it's just unlocking the first Evocation. I think it's better to have a name for this precedent than not, so why not reuse a term from previous Editions?

As to Warstriders, how many of you think that the player's Gundam to the enemy's Zaku is best represented by giving the player a Royal (NA) Warstrider whereas the enemy has a Noble (5-dot) Warstrider?

For a game where the enemy has plenty of Zakus to send against your Gundam, would you want them to be something weaker and more easily produced than a Noble Warstrider?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                                I'd love to see trauma bear snuck into many books as we go.
                                Don't you think he's been through enough?

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X