X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unsung Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
    Sun's Brush (wait, isn't that Rand Brittain's artifact from Doom and Gloam?!) says it's a naginata, but is listed as a Grimcleaver. Aren't naginatas two handed polearms, so shouldn't it be a Grande Grimcleaver? I know I might be mistaken, which is why I'm not taking this to the errata thread. The art even shows it being used two-handed.
    I noticed that too and was honestly surprised it wasn't a Direlance. It's really not an Axe in any way, shape or form. Probably should Ask the Devs?

Leave a comment:

• Hark
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    Before I move on to the Wonders chapter, a stray observation:

Has anybody else noticed how the five-dot weapons in the book are all kind of evil? You've got sword that takes away memories, sword that eats people and turns them to stone, axe that eats people and turns them to sorcery, and sword to make wild, barely controlled hurricanes that tries to convince its wielder that stuff being destroyed by hurricanes is the best thing ever.

When are we going to get one that seems somewhat less malevolent, I wonder.
    In past editions I banned 5 dot artifacts at character creation because their potency tended to steal the focus of the game and make it more about them than the players. With these 5 dot artifacts that hasn't changed, but now the plot is baked into the artifact. It serves the two-fold roles of signaling to the ST that the player wants this story to be part of their own, and the malevolence gives players reasons to not automatically use of such potent artifacts such potent artifacts limiting its ability to take over the story.

I like it that way because it makes it easier to bring such potent artifacts into a game and takes a lot of load off the the ST in coming up with the plot associated with the artifact.

Leave a comment:

• Ostarion
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Has anybody else noticed how the five-dot weapons in the book are all kind of evil? You've got sword that takes away memories, sword that eats people and turns them to stone, axe that eats people and turns them to sorcery, and sword to make wild, barely controlled hurricanes that tries to convince its wielder that stuff being destroyed by hurricanes is the best thing ever.

I did, and I wonder as well, but I also like the precedent it sets too since those weapons wield a considerable amount of power and yet the moral costs are also considerable.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I have decided the Shogunate setting i’m tinkering with will be set during the 10 Year Winter, which is recovering from the conflicts of the Autumn End Incursion.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I mean... the basic function of a sword is to puncture someone’s body until they bleed to death, so...
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 11-16-2017, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gryffon
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
    Sun's Brush (wait, isn't that Rand Brittain's artifact from Doom and Gloam?!)
    It is! I'm just sad Grand Leviathan didn't get in.

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    Originally posted by MuscaDomestica View Post
    Roor-of-the Earth, when you are the only one worthy enough to wield your weapon...
    Slap that thing straight in a blue jade goremaul.

Add a Gem of the Wind-Blade

We Thor now.

Leave a comment:

• Winterstar
    replied
    It's been over ten years since I played in a warstrider-centric game. I think the group is now ready.

Kudo's to Eric and Vance, and all others involved with this project.

Leave a comment:

• Hark
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcob View Post
    Five minutes of backup power and all that.
    Until God-Monster Apotheosis fixes that limitation.

Leave a comment:

• MuscaDomestica
    replied
    Root-of-the Earth, when you are the only one worthy enough to wield your weapon...
    Last edited by MuscaDomestica; 11-16-2017, 12:48 PM. Reason: root not Roor

Leave a comment:

• Marcob
    replied
    Five minutes of backup power and all that.

Leave a comment:

• Lanaya
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfSilkAndStone View Post
    Serious question: What can possibly stand up to Karvara in Limit Break? That's not just a major event in the campaign, it's a campaign unto itself. The effect lasts for [lots of] health levels, and it can heal itself by [committing crimes]!
    My main concern, to be clear, is not that Karvara is amazing, which it is. It really is, Karvara is fantastic. It's that a PC going into Limit Break in Karvara seems like it's going to leave that PC playing as Karvara for a very long time outside of a really intense combat-focused party or external, Storyteller-driven threats that can bring down something that utterly monstrous.
    It lasts for the remainder of the scene. Karvara getting incapacitated is a secondary and probably really rare way of ending it.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfSilkAndStone
    replied
    Serious question: What can possibly stand up to Karvara in Limit Break? That's not just a major event in the campaign, it's a campaign unto itself. The effect lasts for [lots of] health levels, and it can heal itself by [committing crimes]!
    My main concern, to be clear, is not that Karvara is amazing, which it is. It really is, Karvara is fantastic. It's that a PC going into Limit Break in Karvara seems like it's going to leave that PC playing as Karvara for a very long time outside of a really intense combat-focused party or external, Storyteller-driven threats that can bring down something that utterly monstrous.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    ...And keeping up Exalted tradition, Arms hit Gold on DriveThru within a day after release.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X