No announcement yet.

Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devs, if you're reading this thread, maybe see if you can add in a couple more "vanish" conditions for the Twin Crescent duplicates?

Placeholder

Comment

• I really don't think that's necessary. Jokes aside it's pretty obvious how the hearthstone is supposed to work and any "endless duplicate" shenanigans should rightly be responded to by swatting players with a rolled up newspaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
        Devs, if you're reading this thread, maybe see if you can add in a couple more "vanish" conditions for the Twin Crescent duplicates?
        Fortunately, someone's already posted this in the errata thread.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
          The Broken Phantasm / Unlimited Blade Works trick is substantially more powerful, but it depends heavily on what weapon they use it with. I wouldn't allow it with Adorei, but as I implied, there's in-setting reasons why doing so could backfire in weird ways, since I doubt Adorei would appreciate having a duplicate.
          Yeah, I think a "HE'S MINE!" "NO, MINE!" struggle would be the inevitable result of that.

Comment

• So, what mecha do you guys most want to see translated into Exalted as Warstriders?

We’ve got the essence of most punchy Japanese “Super Robots” with All-Conquering Colossus, who evokes Gypsy Danger. Also GaoGaiGar with its Heaven (Blue) and Hell (Red) fists.

We’ve got the essence of most American-style “Battletech and Imperium of Man Warhammer” mecha with Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation. Also the Terran Thor of Starcraft 2.

We’ve got something like Wing Gundam with Ascendant Nova Phoenix, and probably the best possible translation of Evangelions with Walking Devil Tower.

What else?
            Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 11-30-2017, 11:16 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Gurren Lagann. Let's have warstriders so big you have to pilot them from inside a regular-sized warstrider.

Comment

• I'm currently working on rules for an alteration of warstrider stats for use in a cramped environment such as Autochthonia. I figure they'd be built mech warrior style with no heads, short squat bodies and shorter limbs. Doing my best to balance it so that a creation strider would be at a disadvantage in Autochthonia and the reverse would be true as well.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  Gurren Lagann. Let's have warstriders so big you have to pilot them from inside a regular-sized warstrider.
                  The Lagann’s example reminds me of a concept for another moonsilver Warstrider I want to see.

One designed entirely to fuse and combine with another Warstrider to make it stronger.

Like the Lagann, or the White Falcon Zord which wasn’t necessary to complete the Ninja Megazord, but which could attach to it to give it the power of flight.

Comment

• Does anyone know if a Dev has mentioned the area of the Storm effect for Stormcaller?

Not the sheath effect, the initial storm.

Also, single point says it's custom to sheath every strike, but it's not mandatory. So I guess there wouldn't be any real issue using these two very cool things together?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      So, what mecha do you guys most want to see translated into Exalted as Warstriders?

We’ve got the essence of most punchy Japanese “Super Robots” with All-Conquering Colossus, who evokes Gypsy Danger. Also GaoGaiGar with its Heaven (Blue) and Hell (Red) fists.

We’ve got the essence of most American-style “Battletech and Imperium of Man Warhammer” mecha with Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation. Also the Terran Thor of Starcraft 2.

We’ve got something like Wing Gundam with Ascendant Nova Phoenix, and probably the best possible translation of Evangelions with Walking Devil Tower.

What else?
                      Liberty Prime is soemtging a player of mine desperately wants.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solar View Post
                        Does anyone know if a Dev has mentioned the area of the Storm effect for Stormcaller?

Not the sheath effect, the initial storm.

Also, single point says it's custom to sheath every strike, but it's not mandatory. So I guess there wouldn't be any real issue using these two very cool things together?
                        Should reach Extreme:
                        "Within seconds,
                        the sky grows dark, the wind picks up, and rain begins to
                        fall out to four range bands from Stormcaller."

And on single point... it works. You don't lose much if anything iirc from not sheathing the sword.
                        It does follow the fluff that sheathing it is kind of an exercise in restraint, lest you might murder too much. Goes well with Stormcaller in that sense.
                        Last edited by Synapse; 11-30-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Durrr, thanks! Should read more carefully haha.

Yeah I'm making a Demon Hunter character and I wanted to draw on Single Point and Stormcaller as they're thematically appropriate. And Violet Bier, which doesn't exist, but I'd like to homebrew up a charm tree (and I've found some other homebrews too so should be able to nail it).

Comment

• I think there’s maybe one Single Point Charm that explicitly requires sheathing, but it is one of the ancillary Charms later in the style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              So, what mecha do you guys most want to see translated into Exalted as Warstriders?

What else?
                              You already mention a Jaegar, but i’d love a particularly giant Warstriders that requires two pilots who become mentally linked in co-attunement. They each get to invest to separate Evocations that they get to wield all of in combat.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                                warstrider stats for use in a cramped environment such as Autochthonia.
                                I'm not using this to comment on your own plans specifically, so much as the overall attitude as it comes up:

​It's... not exactly odd that people tend to refer to Colossus Alchemicals and possible warstriders in Autochthonia as untenable, but it does represent a point of forgetting or disregarding the point that there are supposed to be fairly large open spaces there as well. Not just the kinds of chambers that nations and towns are situated in, but much more sizable ducts and tunnels and the occasional fairly deep pit or high domed space throughout the Reaches. They're not ubiquitous, but they are frequent enough for larger beings to have room to operate in, and the premise of Autochthonia is such that it does not stretch plausibility for these points to be sufficiently accessible and interconnected that a Colossus or behemoth could get to work.

​Sure, the more human sized spaces create environments in which those subjects can't act, but it's not as if the regular warstrider doesn't have those as well, such as upon boats (or just about anything to do with the water for a warstrider that is not made to be aquatic, or the inside of any structure that you don't intend to smash apart.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X