Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

You already mention a Jaegar, but i’d love a particularly giant Warstriders that requires two pilots who become mentally linked in co-attunement. They each get to invest to separate Evocations that they get to wield all of in combat.
    Well, hey, maybe you would be interested in this thread I made a while back to discuss how a Warstrider with multiple pilots could work!

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...s-and-monsters

It also includes an idea for Alchemical Colossi having a cockpit Charm that would let an Alchemical Champion plug into them to serve as a “second pilot”, with similar benefits!

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

• I’m not joking when I say that I want a Warstrider which is also a tree.

Someone used magic and sorcery to cultivate a tree into the shape of a Warstrider, and they made a Wood-aspected manse-tree to provide the Treestrider with its Hearthstone.

The Treestrider has some unique maintenance requirements that, when met, allow it to regenerate damage on its own.

If it’s ever fully destroyed, the manse-tree starts growing a massive nut or fruit in which you can find a replacement Treestrider.

Comment

• I actually really like that. Would it have magical materials mixed in, or purely be a magic tree?

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          I actually really like that. Would it have magical materials mixed in, or purely be a magic tree?
          I want green jade, but am not entirely sure how to factor it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            I want green jade, but am not entirely sure how to factor it in.
            Grow the tree around the green jade, like the burning spear we have.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
            Many Limbed Manual
            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              The burning branch didn’t grow from jade, though?

Also, I kind of like the idea that the Treestrider uses raw green jade stone, without any metal at all.

Comment

• I think that's appropriate.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

The burning branch didn’t grow from jade, though?

Also, I kind of like the idea that the Treestrider uses raw green jade stone, without any metal at all.
                  Maybe more like this is what I meant?

https://i.imgur.com/gIXULiS.jpg

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                  Many Limbed Manual
                  Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                  San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                  My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                    You carve the cockpit from a giant piece of green jade and let the tree grow around it, using green jade bands on the branches and green jade carved stones on the ground to shape the essence flowing in to the tree. I think that should do it.

Comment

• Take a sapling. Bury a bunch of pure green jade around it. Water it every day with water infused with ground jade and alchemical growth solution. Sing hymns to Sextes Jylis and the wood elementals to it every day. When it grows to be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig, strong tree, use specially blessed orichalcum, moonsilver, and adamant chisels and begin carving.

Comment

• I feel like you'd want to use a seed from one of the skyscraper sized redwoods in the uttermoast east for this. Part of the whole manse, green jade, alchemical fertilizer, etc. would be to get that kind of growth in a few years instead of centuries.

Comment

• I'm not sure if the image I had of a warstrider made from trees grown into that shape was something that came out of your description or if it was just my own imagination going in its own direction, but if it was me I'd look for something that would preserve that.

​I've had thoughts in the past about jade deposits being leeched up into things like trees, which would take the form of a tree with veins of jade running along the trunk or even something more fantastical like living flesh with jade leaves and flowers, but right now something feels missing from that.

I'd wonder at the idea of creating a framework of jade that binds and bends the trees as they grow, with a long term purpose of getting them to weave together, but wonder if that might not be a bit too mundane.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• This Treestrider talk got me thinking about potential other Warstriders. Like, maybe a Warstrider that is only a Black Jade cockpit, but when it is submerged, it forms a body out of water (maybe by beckoning water elementals, since that's also one of Black Jade's purviews)?

Or a Soulsteel "skeleton" with a cockpit made out of a dead behemoth's heart, blood vessels connecting the heart to the skeleton. When the Warstrider is activated, the Soulsteel forms phantasmal flesh and muscle out of the souls trapped inside the Soulsteel.

Comment

• If we're going this route, why bother with a cockpit? Maybe the whole thing is just talismans or a suit of normal armor that conjures a phantasmal giant body made of energy around the wearer.

Comment

• I feel as though you've got an issue when you have something that heavily belies the usual mass and cost of a warstrider, and any implications of that.

​I mean, sure, in mechanical terms the difference between one made of thousands of pounds of magical material and something a lot smaller is ultimately the same in the craft system, but it can affect the verisimilitude of it. It certainly has much bigger implications for the matter of transporting them.

If the point is to figure out a way to integrate warstriders into stories where they wouldn't usually be feasible, that's fine, but as an overall thing I'd say they have about the same issues as being able to conjure them with sorcery does.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X