Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintedPhysician View Post
    Is Fist of Titans supposed to be +5 Accuracy, despite being a heavy weapon? That seems like a really big deal

Vance indicated that was a mistake. There's an errors thread, but it's locked for some reason (I'm assuming a mistake), which kind of defeats the purpose - I made a post to that effect on Trouble Ticket.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Man, every artifact is so different from the others. There's a lot of iconic ideas, too, like a pair of swords for two sword-siblings and a sword wrapped in silk from peace times, that you've probably seen in other RPGs or anime; however because of their histories and the 'lens' of magical material that they're seen through they're all unique and have a spin on their tropes.

Comment

I'd like to take the opportunity to give another thanks and shout out to Rose Bailey. She has given us an immense amount of help with everything about the transition to developing Exalted; I think it's safe to say that Arms of the Chosen couldn't have happened without her.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Any...anyone else notice what color orichalcum turns when too much sorcery goes through it?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
          Many Limbed Manual
          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Weimann View Post
            Like, I just bought Oathbringer on my lunch break. Now I have to choose which book to read tonight? That's not fair. :/
            I share your pain, friend.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Just eyed through the book and there are some glorious historical hints and storyseeds in this one. Hints on Niobans, Brigids Ice Blade and hungry living warstrider monster or monsters from Zen-Mu are all things that might appear at some point in my current campaign and that is just at a first glance.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                Any...anyone else notice what color orichalcum turns when too much sorcery goes through it?
                There's a description for baleful sorcerous essence. Pre First Age...

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Is it green? Because if so, that fits with my theory that Infernals will be the character type to be distinctly resonant with Orichalcum (along with Orichalcum Caste Alchemicals of course) since Solars don’t have a special relationship with it, being resonant with everything.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

First thoughts:

"Somebody really has to tell the art studio that Exalted is not situated in mainland China! Enough East Asia for this edition. How about you draw some inspiration from greek, arabic, african, american, and/or polynesian cultures as well?"

"Plus, tell them to turn on the lights in their illustrations! They are still murky as heck! Dark dark dark, please experiment with a lighter pallete for the next books."

Art aside:

As far as I've been able to see, the actual content is fascinating. The writers did a fantastic job. Vance is a really gifted charm writer. Thanks devs and all the writing team!

Join the Strife

Comment

I just finished up the 3-dot artifacts, and one thing that kinda bugged me is how samey a lot of the origin stories felt. I didn't do an exact count but it felt like most of them are:
                      <Hero> fought <Monster> then made <Artifact>
                      <Hero> then fought <Other Enemies>
                      <Artifact> is now in <Place>

I don't know who these people are, or what these monsters are or anything, so I don't really care that they used this artifact to fight ten demons and an angry dog.

Most of the artifacts themselves have been pretty good. A few duds and a couple really good standouts. About what I'd expect, a very solid list overall.

Comment

The idea, I think, is that specifics can be defined by the ST while broad strokes give you an idea.

What I absolutely love is that it's like a giant apology letter for WotLA. Four weapons, one armor, and a frickin' WARSTRIDER, forged by Sidereals -- where WotLA forgot that Sidereals could actually craft. And Oadenol reveal aaaaaaa. A giant apology in the form of a backflip with two middle fingers firmly raised.

Comment

My favorite stories are the ones with details though. Courante and Galliard are amazing, and the Distaff has a great story that ties into its capstone. But then you have stuff like Fist of Titans whose story is "Was used by a guy with no name to kill a monster you don't recognize" or Tusk of Galaech-Ma with "Was made after killing a behemoth of some sort, and then a bunch of other beasts". There's nothing there to really grip onto, unless your character concept is "Guy who really hates animals"

Although seriously, whoever wrote Courante and Galliard you are my favorite. I've only finished the 3-dots and that artifact writeup has already justified the purchase for me.
                          Last edited by SaintedPhysician; 11-15-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Deeply impressed. This is what WOTLA should have been. Instead of muddying the line with tone dissonance you maintained and improved on the tone of the corebook. Hooks everywhere, but answers only in the imagination. Can't wait for an in-depth read later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Weimann View Post
                              Like, I just bought Oathbringer on my lunch break. Now I have to choose which book to read tonight? That's not fair. :/
                              I sympathize with the feeling. It doesn't help that I've been following the Oathbringer previews so I've already read the first section. And I have a school project to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintedPhysician View Post
                                Although seriously, whoever wrote Courante and Galliard you are my favorite. I've only finished the 3-dots and that artifact writeup has already justified the purchase for me.
                                Aw shucks <3

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X