Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough. And me an English teacher no less! I'm ashamed.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

In the “Ask the Devs” thread, Vance agreed that Rush actions can be taken against targets at close range.

So Frost-Thorn Knuckle can be used as Melee weapon with a close range rush, but with a short range rush otherwise generally needs to be used as a Thrown weapon.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

For Shipbreaker's Crushing Force of the Depths, the damage to creatures is noted to be 'unsoakable' but soak is not something that generally applies to decisive damage. I'm not sure if this is meant to be 'this damage cannot be reduced by any effect' or the more typical 'this damage ignores Hardness' that we see in other artifacts.

Comment

pg. 11: "since reality's dawn, and shape them still" Delete comma.

pg. 12: "for enchantment, and a set of distinctive" Delete comma.

pg. 15: "roleplaying opportunity, and an explanation" Delete comma
          "for Halta, and hate the Linowan" Delete comma.

pg. 18: "skill, rather than" Delete comma.

pg. 28: "modern age, until found by a Guild tomb raider" Delete comma.

pg. 37: "struck more than once, The shield" Change comma to period.

pg. 44: "in love with the Unconquered Sun, and painted the Sun's rays" Delete comma.

pg. 50: "against mundane intrusion but can be entered" Insert comma between "intrusion" and "but."

pg. 51: "Circle of Sorcery, and knows a wide" Delete comma.

pg. 53: "Plain of Wings and Fangs, and her storied" Delete comma.

pg. 55: "towers of Heaven, as the only thief" Delete comma.

pg. 67: "from such situations she employed" Insert comma between "situations" and "she."

pg. 74: "introduces himself if they" Insert comma between "himself" and "if."

pg. 75: "princes and thieves" Insert comma between "princes" and "and."

pg. 85: "ghastly stare, such that its" Delete comma.

pg. 88: "divine revolution" should be capitalized.

pg. 92: "queen's lance, intended for her liege." Delete comma.

pg. 99: "black velvet, made with silk" Delete comma.

pg. 117: "unearthing them in ancient ruins them tremble with hope" Delete second "them."
          "ripe fruit won't bruise within but will go rotten" Insert comma between "within" and "but."

pg. 124: "poison, disease, fatigue and fear" Insert comma between "fatigue" and "and."

pg. 125: "Underworld diamond, cut beneath a lunar eclipse" Delete comma.

pg. 131: "orichalcum-clad yet light enough" Insert comma between "orichalcum-clad" and "yet."

pg. 134: "and add three bonus" Change "add" to "adds."

pg. 151: "to medium and its mote cost is waived" Insert comma between "medium" and "and."

pg. 161: "night of the uprising, and escaped" Delete comma.

pg. 163: "born of the apex of the First Age's majesty" Should the first "of" be "in" or "at"?

pg. 169: "molten moonsilver, and set to work" Delete comma.

Three things I'm not entirely sure are errata, but I'll bring up just in case:
          1. For several artifacts at the end of Arms, instead of all dots for the artifact rating, at least in my pdf render, there is "§" (whatever this symbol is called).
          2. The Evocations descriptions for the Tusk of Galaeh-Ma, Kaijin, and Unison use "Solar" in place of "Exalt" or "wielder." Now, I understand that Solars are the masters of Evocation, but the making and legends of those three artifacts are so inextricably bound to either a Lunar or Sidereal Exalt, it seems strange to make the generic wielder a Solar and not a Lunar or Sidereal.
          3. Arete, Second-Shadow Drum, and Wings of the Raptor each have Evocations, but they do not have the block between the lore description of the artifact and "Evocations of [Artifact]" (with the Attunement, Tags, etc.) that other artifacts with Evocations have.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
            For several artifacts at the end of Arms, instead of all dots for the artifact rating, at least in my pdf render, there is "§" (whatever this symbol is called).
            Page 116 has a sidebar that explains that symbol denotes First Age Artifice. It's intentional.

On topic, Page 132, sidebar in the description of Frozen Sorcery: Emerald, there's an unnecessary space in the word Magic "...freezing ma gic in it's tracks."

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
              [*]The Evocations descriptions for the Tusk of Galaeh-Ma, Kaijin, and Unison use "Solar" in place of "Exalt" or "wielder." Now, I understand that Solars are the masters of Evocation, but the making and legends of those three artifacts are so inextricably bound to either a Lunar or Sidereal Exalt, it seems strange to make the generic wielder a Solar and not a Lunar or Sidereal.
              Lunars and Sidereals aren't out yet, though.

I think mastery of Evocations means that no Artifact is inextricably bound to the legend of another so much that a Solar is unable to wield it to its fullest, up to an including it having Evocation to enhance their own Charms.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Anaximander on the point of artifacts with solar referencing. It is because if you look at the prerequisites or modifications the charm does it is explicitly a solar charm being modified. These are the examples essentially of the "Charm Modifying Evocations" referenced on Page 19 for the design notes for artifact evocations. The reason you see solar evocations and not others is because these assume a solar is the one using the weapon or armor.

Comment

Pg 14 should read "as scarce as starmetal"

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    The "if you're incapacitated you can rush someone else" bit does make it sound like you're supposed to bounce between opponents Invincible Fury of the Dawn-style.
                    Hi! we appreciate that this might be a good topic to discuss, like many topics, but this thread is just for errata and any discussions make it a lot harder to gather actual corrections. Thanks!

Comment

Pg. 83 The text says that the weapon was; "reshaped it into a daiklaive for use by mortal hands."
                      This should probably be changed to; "for use by the Exalted" since the weapon is clearly not meant to be used by mortals (having attunement cost, etc.).
                      Though, I'd admit I'd love to see how a mortal could use (and be corrupted by) this weapon. *evil grin*

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

The write up for a catapult has the Smashing tag which the core book lists as a tag for melee weapons.

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                        I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

Not sure if this is intentional, but the warstrider repair rules (Arms 142-143) interact oddly with the core repair rules. As per the core and the First Age Artifice sidebar in Arms, craft projects using FAA use white points. But the repair projects for warstriders can possibly use Craft (Artifacts) at +3 difficulty, potentially moving those repair rolls to costing silver points. Given the fact warstrider repair is per health level and thus would require ten white points per, this seems to incentivize using Craft (Artifacts) as much as possible so as to conserve the much harder to acquire white points. Which doesn't seem to be the intent, given FAA is three difficulty easier and waives the usual requirement for a sorcerous project.

I'd probably say 'just use non-FAA costs' for repairs, given warstriders have around 30 health levels, and PCs have better things to do with their white XP then burn it all away fixing a warstrider (not to mention you need to build artifacts to do routine repairs on your warstrider is just weird narratively). And well, make them a little less gun shy about tossing the thing into a fight, because they'll actually be able to repair it without Sublime Transference shenanigans. I am curious about intent here though, and it really could use clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Demac View Post
                            The write up for a catapult has the Smashing tag which the core book lists as a tag for melee weapons.
                            Also the all new category of siege weapons, now, apparently.

Comment

Oh, that was covered in the Ask the Devs thread. Repairing health levels uses silver/gold points no matter which skill is used. Only fixing a ruined one takes white.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                                Oh, that was covered in the Ask the Devs thread. Repairing health levels uses silver/gold points no matter which skill is used. Only fixing a ruined one takes white.
                                Oh good. That makes repairs fantastically easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X