No announcement yet.

BrilliantRain reads Arms of the Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun thing, it's implied, from the Dawn having no idea what a warstrider was, that All-Conquering Colossus was the first warstrider.

Comment

Originally posted by Aranfan View Post
      Fun thing, it's implied, from the Dawn having no idea what a warstrider was, that All-Conquering Colossus was the first warstrider.
      Creation's a big place, and I doubt they had TV news broadcasting or the internet in that Era.

Other Warstriders could have been built and fielded while that Invincible Sword Princess was wandering around the edges of the world looking for fights, and All-Conquering Colossus is merely the first she saw. Because it was the only one specifically seeking her out.

But yeah, it very well could have been the first.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

One of the first, possibly the first but maybe she'd just been fighting a lot of metal giants recently.

Comment

I like that All-Conquering Colossus can be the first warstrider if you want, but it’s not so integral to her claim to fame that she loses anything if you’re like “No that’s [dumb/restrictive].”

Comment

Edits:NVM 10chars

Comment

Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation

For reference: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l6...-LxZdw3zqC239R

The name for this one.

"Dark and vasty depths."

"Face-snaked legions". Those are either exceptionally weird creatures or this is a typo. I'm honestly HOPING it's a typo.

The Scorpion Empire returns again for the first time!

Personally, I'd have gone for something more Battletech-esque for the picture for this one based on that description.

Or maybe more like this: https://youtu.be/wLCWCPyxByg That seems properly boxy and bristling with weapons.

That said, the first Evocation reminds me of Gundam Dynames

Second one.... I dunno. Blazing Eyes of Annihilation sounds like it should be cool laser beam eyes, like Alexander's Divine Judgement Beam or something. Not a set of laser sights, cool though they might be.

First three Evocations still making me think of Gundam Dynames. So, cool, cool.

....oh?

"Fly My Fangs!"

...ok, not quite. Really more of a burst explosive mode.

Ok, NOW we're getting to the sort of things I expect from something with "Sublime Annihilation" in its name. Twin electron beams for the win!

Not quite the same, but:
              https://youtu.be/Se2DsyuiF_M

"Every targeting reticule spins like a prayer wheel, sustaining the natural order of Creation through her sanctioned violence."

Godsigh of Noonday Triumph
              https://youtu.be/wxgyfdpOtU8

....and then Big Venus demonstrates Reality-Stabilizing Cannonade and Wyld-Shaping Technique.

Though, thinking about it, perhaps Alexander really is a better example in general: https://youtu.be/7YiBnxSIDhY

Yeah, I'd pilot this one into combat.

Comment

The logistics of Cathedral's ammunition for its crossbow and ESPECIALLY for its firedust cannon are not specified.

For that matter, we don't know if they're hand-held weapons or integrated mechanisms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  The logistics of Cathedral's ammunition for its crossbow and ESPECIALLY for its firedust cannon are not specified.

For that matter, we don't know if they're hand-held weapons or integrated mechanisms.
                  I figured that the ammunition cost was handwaved by the whole "There needs to be Resources 4 worth of maintenance stuff"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                    I figured that the ammunition cost was handwaved by the whole "There needs to be Resources 4 worth of maintenance stuff"
                    That answers none of the other questions.

Including “do ammunition-generating Charms for flame weapons still work on that scale?”

And how many crossbow bolts does Cathedral carry?

Comment

Including “do ammunition-generating Charms for flame weapons still work on that scale?”

How many crossbow bolts do you carry?

The answer never changed: when it makes sense to do so, do an ammunition check.
                      That's how much ammo it has.

Comment

At my table, the answers would be "Sure" and "Enough", mostly because my group doesn't find counting every arrow fun.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Okay. Are the weapons hand-held or integrated?

Comment

....I kinda want to see someone using Righteous Devil Style with the Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              ....I kinda want to see someone using Righteous Devil Style with the Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation now.
                              I believe you'd need something that allowed RD to be used with Heavy Armor...

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                                I believe you'd need something that allowed RD to be used with Heavy Armor...
                                Vance told us before the book dropped that particular warstriders can be designed specifically to work with armor-restrictive Styles.

So it's totally possible to have a red jade warstrider with flamethrowers built into its arms and Evocations that enhance the use of Righteous Devil Charms.

Comment

Working...
                                X