X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Einlanzer
    • Jan 2014

[3E] No power armor?

After reading the Arms of the Chosen I noticed a distinct lack of something I was fully expecting, especially with the Warstriders in the book. That being power armor, stuff like the gunzosha suits or the celestial power armor that was in 2E.

Would it be safe to say that this no longer fits the setting anymore, or was it left out until we get more info on the Realm of Lookshy?
  • Saipjas
    • Jun 2016

It is still a thing (look in the Ask Dev thread) however it was not placed in Arms. I would probably expect it in WFHW when it comes out but maybe not.

Comment

• Einlanzer
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Saipjas View Post
      It is still a thing (look in the Ask Dev thread) however it was not placed in Arms. I would probably expect it in WFHW when it comes out but maybe not.
      Oh cool, I didn't see any mention of it at all in Arms, so I thought maybe it just wasn't a thing anymore.

Comment

• Saipjas
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Einlanzer View Post

Oh cool, I didn't see any mention of it at all in Arms, so I thought maybe it just wasn't a thing anymore.
        Yeah, I recommend looking here http://nishkriya.com/Threads/Details/10319 and use control F or if you are in for some slight (understatement) reading read the whole thing, its literally all the collected posts from the Dev Q&A threat in one page..all (at the time) 2248 of them o.O

Comment

• Isator Levi
          • Nov 2013

Gunzosha armour is referenced in the core.

​Also, what, is blue jade armour that allows you to transform into a lightning dragon not enough power for you?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• danelsan
            • Nov 2013

While there are no examples of it in Arms, the sidebar on first age artifice (page 116) explicitly says powered armor is one of the things made with Craft (First Age Artifice)

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Einlanzer
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              Gunzosha armour is referenced in the core.

​Also, what, is blue jade armour that allows you to transform into a lightning dragon not enough power for you?
              That is powerful armor, not power armor :P I specifically meant the more sci-fi magitech style armor. Which while on the subject, I guess "Artifice" is the new word for Magitech this edition? I can't recall seeing the word mentioned at all anywhere.

Comment

• danelsan
                • Nov 2013

That is powerful armor, not power armor :P I specifically meant the more sci-fi magitech style armor. Which while on the subject, I guess "Artifice" is the new word for Magitech this edition? I can't recall seeing the word mentioned at all anywhere.
                The word "magitech" is unlikely to appear this edition due to previous baggage. First Age Artifice is fundamentally using high Craft expertise combined with great command of Sorcery to create a new art capable of making Artifacts greater than usually possible. It covers a good deal of what was called magitech, though my understanding is that it also allows for other aesthetic trappings, as well as some normal artifacts getting some "magitech" aesthetics. Clockwork soldiers that can obey orders and perform tasks and the like might be normal Artifacts, for instance, but a construct with true sentience / human or greater intellect is gonna be First Age Artifice

That last example would be mostly because of theme. Out of game, as the sidebar explains, First Age Artifice serves as an explanation and barrier to preserve the setting conceits and verisimilitude of the Age of Sorrows, while still allowing players to restore or build some of these sublime wonders without singlehandedly recreating the Age of Glories. With the lesser resources and lack of the immense magical infrastructure of the past, even when a Solar gets to the point in which making Artifact 5 is not that hard, making a pair of linked teleportation portals and keeping them in good repair is not a casual achievement.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Elfive
                  • Jun 2014

I mean, mechanically it'll just be armour with a bunch of evocations. You might get more than usual unlocked for free, and they'll be different flavour and probably a little more powerful, but ultimately I don't expect it to tread much new ground.

Comment

• Eldagusto
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2013

Yeah I was expecting Power Armor too. But I guess that it could be just normal power armor with a bunch of evocations as mentioned. Still reading the book, but are the Warstriders the only First Age Artifice level artifacts in the book?

So is it also bad that Final Fantasy has been using Magitek for ages? :P

Comment

• Synapse
                      • Nov 2013

There's a lot of first age artifacts all around. A few pre first age too.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

• Eldagusto
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                        There's a lot of first age artifacts all around. A few pre first age too.
                        But there is a difference between an old Daiklave and a weapon made using the First Age Artifice Craft, yeah the name can be confusing... maybe just call it Grand Artifice or just Artifice.

Comment

• Synapse
                          • Nov 2013

I don't think that difference is so well established...

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

• Greyman
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                            Yeah I was expecting Power Armor too. But I guess that it could be just normal power armor with a bunch of evocations as mentioned. Still reading the book, but are the Warstriders the only First Age Artifice level artifacts in the book?
                            There are a few other § marked artefacts.
                            Constructs: Clockwork Birds (§•••), The Golden Viper (§ •••••),
                            Siege Weapons: Lightning Balista (§ ••••), Implosion Bow (§ •••••)
                            Vehicles: Horizon Endeavour (§ ••••), Chariot of Aerial Conquest
                            ​Warstriders: Yes, all the warstriders

Comment

• Eldagusto
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                              I don't think that difference is so well established...

Well yes that is why I would like examples of them. We do have in the Corebook rules on using Craft First Age Artifice, which is a specific thing.

Thanks Greyman, I saw that symbol when I flipped through the PDF and didn't know what it meant. Coo.

Comment

Working...