Has anyone made any Kaiju?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made any Kaiju?

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has made any Kaiju? I have a Warstrider pilot in my group and I was wondering if anyone has any Kaiju that he can fight while the other players deal with other threats?

I made a Ratholos. It's a flying, fire-breathing "wyvern" (dragon) of Legendary Size from the Monster Hunter franchise.

Of course, I never did go back and give the fire-breath any mechanics.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

I don't have any real mechanics to help you, since I pretty much winged it, but the major arc threat from my now-ended campaign turned out to be a Dragon-grade elder elemental that was the underworld-aspected cave lake/demesne underlying most of the campaign's operating area. Imagine a cuttlefish the size of Lake Erie, wearing soulsteel armor forged from tens of thousands of souls. The more athletic players ended up climbing him to try and cut away the straps holding his armor on, while two different allied elementals of like stature (A thunderbird and an original who can probably most easily be imagined as an Arrakis sandworm that could swim through solid stone) kept him busy and the Twilight got great mileage out of Death Ray.

The third-circle demon who was the actual final boss was a little bit of an anticlimax after that.

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

My favorite so far is Ur-Thanagoth, The Spire That Breaks the World, made by our wonderful Crumplepunch. The statblock of the Inashi in my own campaign is heavily inspired by it.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...r-3e-behemoths

Noodle and Sanctaphrax also published a few behemoth statblocks during past White Elephant, so I encourage you to give them a look:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ozen-behemoths

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...oth-statblocks

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
        THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
        If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

As a quick and dirty method you can also take other things the book has stats for and give them a few extra health levels and Legendary Size.

Comment

steal some of the stats from the giant monster that Mask o' winter built his palace on at Thorns - that's Kaiju-worthy stats

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

I made a major bossfight out of the Raksha Lord Bathes-in-Tears and his pet kaiju Trishna the Dragon of Thirst.

Main thing with Trishna was a punishing aura of thirst-the land for ten miles around was rapidly turned into scorching desert by the monster's mere presence, an Environmental hazard at 1B/round for most of their journey to get to the bossfight. Each time the dragon dealt someone combat damage it was treated as having gone one more day without water-so taking multiple hits caused increasing penalties due to deprivation and characters would be out of the fight after (Stamina) as they went unconscious from extreme dehydration.

Gave it some attacks from Fakharu (refluffed for burning salt and dessicating essence rather than poison, of course) and the clamp down/death thrash stuff from the River Dragon, and Defend Other charms letting it make Decisive counterattacks against people attacking its rider to get in a few extra hits each turn. Its rider was a raksha lord with a power bow and his own Despair aura and a really nasty social suite to turn PCs against one another or hypnotize them into ignoring the danger posed by the giant dragon.

By the time the PCs got to it they were already weakened, and they were dealing with some serious penalties going in, and they were already a pretty social rather than combat-heavy party. I almost killed them.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
              -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
                Noodle and Sanctaphrax also published a few behemoth statblocks during past White Elephant, so I encourage you to give them a look:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ozen-behemoths

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...oth-statblocks
                I’m quite surprised that anyone remembers my behemoths, let alone thinks enough of them to encourage people to give them a look.

On topic, is there a particular sort of beastie you’re looking for? I’ve created a fair number of behemoths, hekatokhires and other giant nasties for the 3E game I’m running, so if you’re looking for something specific, I may have made something that fits the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post

I’m quite surprised that anyone remembers my behemoths, let alone thinks enough of them to encourage people to give them a look.

On topic, is there a particular sort of beastie you’re looking for? I’ve created a fair number of behemoths, hekatokhires and other giant nasties for the 3E game I’m running, so if you’re looking for something specific, I may have made something that fits the bill.
                  Anything would be good, although something insect like or anything near Kamthahar would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Citadel97501 View Post
                    Anything would be good, although something insect like or anything near Kamthahar would be great
                    Sorry for the wait; I write up all my NPCs and such on paper, so I had to transcribe it.

Anyways, this is the only only vaguely insectoid behemoth/hekatonkhire/whatever I've made, and I've never set any of my games around Kamthahar. Looking at it, the vast majority of the ones I made are reptilian or some flavor of humanoid. Probably should try to make some other things of a change, eh? To be completely honest, I'm not really satisfied with how she turned out. There's just something ... off with her to me. Eh, I dunno. Maybe its just that I never had reason put in the amount of polish I did with some of my others, since my players went in a completely different direction and her plot thread was left to die.

But enough on that. Hope this is some help!

Sjardek, Source of the Swarm

Sjardek was created in the days of the shogunate, wrought forth from the Endless Chaos by the twisted sorcery of half-mad Lunar sorcerer. She was to be the lunar’s blade against the Shogunate, the source of a chitinous horde that would drown the dragonblooded, their armies, and their homes under a sea of flesh.

Sjardek is intelligent, after a fashion. She is smart enough to retreat rather than perish, and is both capable of exerting some small control over the physical capabilities of her brood, and intelligent enough to use this capability in a strategic manner. For example, if a large portion of her brood is slain by enemies using fire, she will birth subsequent generations with a greater resistance to flame and heat. However, such evolution has some limits, and downsides, so it is unlikely that any one adaptation will continue long past the point where Sjardek sees it as no longer useful

Sjardek is a monster that vaguely resembles a centipede, though at titanic proportions. She is nearly 200 yards long, and averages 10 yards in width. She is covered on its top and flanks by a thick yellow-brown carapace, and her underbelly is a translucent milk-white flesh, dotted by three rows of large circular orifices from which she gives birth to her brood. A single massive silver eye gazes forth from just above a crab-like mouth capable of devouring a horse and rider whole. Just beneath her jaws Sjardek bears a sextet of large, mantis-like claws just beneath her maw. Pairs of similar, smaller claws interrupt the twin rows of her thick, stubby legs at regular intervals down the entire length of her body. .

Essence: 4; Willpower: 5; Join Battle: 9 dice
                    Personal Motes: 80
                    Health Levels: -0x10/-1x5/-2x10/-4x5/Incap
                    Actions: Command Brood: 10 Dice; Feats of Strength: 14 dice (may attempt Strength 10 feats); Senses: 10 dice; Threaten: 10 dice

Appearance 3, Resolve 4, Guile 2

Combat
                    Attack (Claws): 14 dice (Damage 22, minimum 4).
                    Attack (Bodyslam): 12 dice (Damage 24, minimum 5).
                    Attack (Grapple): 12 dice (15 dice to control). Makes unopposed control rolls on smaller targets unless they have magic that let them clinch larger foes.

Combat Movement: 8 dice
                    Evasion 2, Parry 6
                    Soak/Hardness: 21/10

Merits
                    Legendary Size:
                    • Attacks from smaller foes do not impose onslaught penalties.
                    • Withering attacks from smaller foes cannot drop her below 1 Initiative unless they have a post-soak damage of 10 dice (attackers still gain the full amount of Initiative damage dealt).
                    • Decisive attacks made by smaller foes cannot deal more than (3 + Strength) levels of damage, not counting any levels of damage added by ome form of magic.
                    Brood-mother:
                    Sjardek is the ultimate source of her brood, their mother and commander. Sjardek controls her brood through pheromones and a complicated infrasonic language. She may communicate with them (able to receive information and issue commands), at a distance of up to 5 miles.

Charms
                    Swarm of One
                    (10m; Simple; Instant; Withering-only)
                    With a flurry of attacks from her many claws, Sjardek becomes, if only for an instant, a swarm of one, making a withering attack against all foes within short range. Sjardek gains only half of the initiative damage dealt from each attack (round up); she gains crash bonuses as normal.

Whet the Killing Hunger (5m; Reflexive; Instant; Decisive-only)
                    Once Sjardek has a foe within her grasp, she is not one to let it escape death. Sjardek may activate this charm reflexively when she Crashes an opponent, making an immediate Decisive Bodyslam upon them

Bring the Swarm (20m, 1wp; Reflexive, Instant)
                    Normally, the process of gestating her brood takes Sjardek days, or even weeks; but when forced to do so, Sjardek can greatly accelerate the birth of her progeny. Sjardek may activate this charm whenever a battle group composed of her brood loses a point of magnitude and is forced to make a rout check. The battlegroup automatically succeeds its rout check, refills its magnitude track as normal, but does not lose a point of Size. A battlegroup cannot benefit from the charm again until after it has lost a point in Size.

Sjardek’s Swarm
                    These are the basic form of Sjardek’s brood. If circumstances require, Sjardek will create a brood with other traits, such as the ability to limb and navigate through trees if forced into an arboreal environment.

Each member of Sjardek’s swarm is an insectoid beast roughly the mass of a small horse. Much like their mother, they are covered in chitinous plates on their top and flanks, and bear a single eye above a crustacean maw. Typically, they will have a single pair of mantis-like claws just beneath their head, and a dozen small legs for locomotion on each side.

Essence: 1; Willpower: 5; Join Battle: 4 dice
                    Health Levels: -0/-1x3/-2x3/-4/Incap. If not defending Sjardek, the brood will flee after taking 4 health levels of damage. If defending Sjardek, they will fight to the death.
                    Actions: Feats of Strength: 5 dice (may attempt Strength 3 feats); Resist Poison/ Disease: 4 dice; Senses: 5 dice

Resolve 2, Guile 1

Combat
                    Attack (Bite): 7 dice (Damage 14)
                    Attack (Claw): 12 dice (Damage 11)
                    Attack (Grapple): 7 dice (7 dice to control)

Combat Movement: 6 dice
                    Evasion 2, Parry 4
                    Soak/Hardness: 7/4

Merits
                    Child of the brood: Each member of the brood is genetically hard-wired to be loyal to Sjardek, even to the point of sacrificing their own lives. Each member of the brood has a Defining Tie of (Fanatical, Devoted Love) towards Sjardek. Any attempts to alter or lessen this intimacy are considered unacceptable orders.

Comment

Great thank you Noodle a behemoth that can toss armies at my players

Comment

I made a Wyld Behemoth when third edition came out. You can find it here. Not the most conventional Kaiju, it mostly uses the poison it spreads everywhere to overcome the inherent action disadvantage.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                        Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                        Some Lintha QCs
                        A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Working...
                        X