"Have your heard the lastest golden terror cry?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Have your heard the lastest golden terror cry?"

So I have been inspired by certain threads on the forum to put some make some rumors for Creation.

This can be a resource for STs that would like the Time of Tumult to have some more... tumult. The idea is that each rumors pops up with a few weeks to a month between.
    In my own vision two Dynast dragon-blooded discuss these rumors at an Imperial teahouse somewhere on the Blessed Isle. One is veteran of the All-encompassing Eye, the other a young bureaucrat and sometimes they are joined by a monk or foreigner. But the is mostly for presenting it here in the future.

I will give you a few raw examples of rumors generate by Solar activity. First the name of the rumor, then the rumor it self.

Glittering Demon Vessel of the High Seas
    A ship large as a palace is sailing in the west bringing goods and ware to strange places in Creation. Many pirates, a small imperial fleet and sea serpent have trying stopping it on the high seas but with no luck. It is said to sail through the great storms, sail on shallow water, sail into wyld zones and the reemergence great distances away. It has even been opsevered in the Dreaming Sea.
    The crew is to be a mixture of humans (descended from all across Creation), beastmen of many sorts and a few even stranger things.
    The captain is said to one of the thieving gold demons, called Solars in the ancient day. Not much is yet known of her except that I she is a red haired woman. But more is bound to come for it is said that she conducts all her major trades herself.

Gold-greed made to unravel
    In the south a merchant is said to have amassed almost as much wealth and as great trade work as the combined guildsmen in southern direction. Furthermore, it is said that this merchant is trying to infer a new type of currency… gold. This has some places created parallel markets, creating dual societies. The the use of this new currency has also made it possible to evade imperial tax collection.

Brutal Devil Witch and the Whipped Hordes
    In the east bandit hordes lead by a Solar devil woman has caused hundreds of thousands to flee and great migration is under way, putting pressure on all other nations. These nations have taken very different responses to this, from accepting all foreigners to guarding borders with much hostility.

The Gathering of Northern Terror
    Rumors be true or not the Bull of the North is dealing with a internal struggle within the Ice walkers, which have lead to civil war. This happened while there where negotiations between the northen powers (Hastlanti, White Wall, lunars etc) to combine forces to create an invasion forces that shall investable reach the Blessed Isle. It has even been said that even the dead and the fae where invited to these meetings.

Do you have some ideas for interesting rumors, fake news, real news or events that adds to the excitement for the Time of Tumult.
    Last edited by light-hero; 12-04-2017, 02:32 AM.

Originally posted by light-hero;n1164871
    [B
    Gold-greed made to unravel[/B]
    In the south a merchant is said to have amassed almost as much wealth and as great trade work as the combined guildsmen in southern direction. Furthermore, it is said that this merchant is trying to infer a new type of currency… gold. This has some places created parallel markets, creating dual societies. The the use of this new currency has also made it possible to

Do you have some ideas for interesting rumors, fake news, real news or events the adds to excitement for the Time of Tumult.
    Not yet, but your also missing a 2nd clause there. Made possible to...

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

I don't have any personally, but there was a twitter account called Exalted Hooks that might interest you.

http://mobile.twitter.com/Exalted_Hooks

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade

Comment

Well this one's more ocean based, but still:

Man overboard
        There's a certain travel route that's recently having reports of a passenger who will only go partway from the mainland before diving into the water and are not recovered. This would only be a tragic case if it weren't for the fact that this has started happening with a sort of macabre regularity, and worse the figure will sometimes have cases or crates that will go overboard before they jump out. Of course different crews have their explanations, some say it's just a prank meant to spook new travelers, a few swear it's some madness or illness from the Wyld, and others worry of a god(s) going rogue and demanding some sort of grim sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          Not yet, but your also missing a 2nd clause there. Made possible to...
          Thank you. Hope it is better now..

Comment

Very interesting to think the Bull would court even the Dead and Raksha to invade the Blessed Isle.. I will maybe steal that up!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Remember even rumors can have power. The people of Realm could fall for that. Their enemies uniting against them.

Comment

A little thing possibly a divergence for a time.
                Would you like a little pie?
                Some of the local livestock,and a few pets, have gone missing recently. Coincidentally Aej has recently learned to cook food that isn't terrible. Coincidence I think not!

Where did you go?
                A few weeks back the general store owner closed up shop and left town in the middle of the night. Few of the locals swear they heard drums banging and a flute playing that night, but I don't put too much stock in it. They'd gotten way too into their drinks that night.

Comment

The Yellow Walk of Innocence
                  The daughter of the local town walks in the streets of of the city each time her father comes home from meetings drunk and smelling of sweet herbs. They say you can hear the sound of a whip in the front yard followed by the sobbing of a woman. But thats is rich folks I guess.
                  Last edited by light-hero; 12-07-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                    A little thing possibly a divergence for a time.
                    Would you like a little pie?
                    Some of the local livestock,and a few pets, have gone missing recently. Coincidentally Aej has recently learned to cook food that isn't terrible. Coincidence I think not!

Where did you go?
                    A few weeks back the general store owner closed up shop and left town in the middle of the night. Few of the locals swear they heard drums banging and a flute playing that night, but I don't put too much stock in it. They'd gotten way too into their drinks that night.
                    These are great!

Should one pop bye to behold the majesty of glory?
                    A story has reached of a anathema of the golden sort that has just opened a COURT! And that is not all this infidel has with his Moon-mad bitch (Silver Star Empress they call her!!!) has done! No, no. This pair of spiritual disasters and catastrophic threats to us all, has invited all dragon-blooded to come and join a false Deliberative! Making promises of a better world, more equality among Exalts and then doom scare mongering about some other anathema of death wanting to end the world. I am quite happy with this Realm, even though it is on the brick of civil war and that I am only a lowly Dynast. I will certainly find this court fastest possibly and tell them a piece of my mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X