The SEVENTH Annual Exalted White Elephant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SEVENTH Annual Exalted White Elephant

The end of the year quickly approaches, so that means it's one again time for one of out annual traditions, the Annual Exalted White Elephant! As always the rules are simple:

(1) To sign up, post in this topic saying that you want to participate. Please be clear on this! I don't want anyone to miss out because I thought someone was signing up when they weren't or vice versa!

(2) When you post that you're signing up, please share a couple ideas of what you'd like to receive, or at least post some things you particularly like about the game/setting! It makes things a lot easier for your gift giver to get started if they have an idea of what you'll enjoy.

(3) Sign-ups will be open until 2200 Pacific time on Sunday, Dec. 10th (That's 0600 UTC on Monday the 11th for all our non-North American members), at which point I will close the sign-ups. After that, I will use my eldritch powers to assign each person who signed up another participant at random, and notify you via PM. You will then make something for this assigned recipient. This can take the form of just about anything, from character right ups, Artifacts, and NPCs to Martial Arts Styles, Settings, character art or short stories! The point is for it to cost you nothing but your time and creative effort to produce something for your recipient; do what you can!

(4) Once you know who you are giving your gift to, you will have a couple of weeks to produce something for them. Starting around Christmas, if you're finished, post your gift with "White Elephant for X", where X is your recipient, in the title. However, the holidays are a hectic time, so the due date is Wednesday January 10th. This should give you a month to get your gift ready. Please have your gift posted by then! I understand that life life sometimes gets in the way of things, and that's alright. If it looks like you'll miss the due date, please just let me or your recipient know you'll be a bit late.

And there we go! Happy gift-giving!
    Last edited by Noodle; 12-04-2017, 05:21 PM.

And of course, I'll be participating! I'm particularly fond of Sidereals, especially in their role as Creation's premier Martial Artists. So anything related to either Sidereals or Martial Arts, like Divine or Demonic Martial Artists/Dojos, legends of lost styles and techniques, or Martial organizations, for example, would be neat. I also like behemoths, kaiju, hekatonkhires, and other nasty monsters. If you're artistically adept, character art would be awesome!

Comment

Put me down.

​I would like... a villain. It could be some unique manner of being, or a distinct example of one of the familiars, so long as they've got an interesting agenda or process.

​(That does not necessarily mean somebody who is well-intentioned or sympathetic; right bastards or entitled pricks are also suitable, so long as they're realised well.)

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I would love to! First time poster, long time lurker.

I would like a Lunar, an elder with schemes and minions! This sounds fun!

Comment

Would love to participate, sounds really cool!

I am a fan of what I call "weird esoteric shit". So, strange Sidereal Martial Arts, unexplainable things from the Wyld, Behemoths from a long forgotten era, Gods or Demons representing weird concepts or with strange twists, Exigents of these Gods, Artifacts which need lateral thinking, or just "one-of-a-kind" monsters, characters and creatures (like Mist, the Eternal Revolutionary) are right up my alley!

Comment

I'm up for it.

The greatest joy is giving etc etc so instead of telling people what I'd like to receive, I'm gonna say what I'd like to give. Which is mechanics. I will write up a couple of Charms, an artifact, or an antagonist or two for you, dear mystery person. And share the design process in excruciating detail. All you'll have to provide me with is a rough idea of what you'd like.

Stuff I like about the setting? Let's go with Lunars. I can't get enough of Lunars. The more monstrous, the better.

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
            Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

Im in again. Loved it last time.

I like the bizzare and the demonic/demonic adjacent. Things from Malfeas, 1st circle demons, cultures that live down there, long dead prehuman races and their ruins, that sort of thing.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Sure, I'll join in.

I like things for mortal enhancement. Magical things that mortals can use, new Sorcery spells, Sorcerous Workings, artifacts designed to enhance mortals, etc.

Alternately, just a weird or unusual artifact.

If you're a more artistic person, an in game treasure map would be neat. Alternately a series of diary entries from a scavenger lord exploring somewhere cool, like a first age ruin, sorcerer's lair, weird demesne, or something.
                Last edited by BrilliantRain; 12-05-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

So, this seems cool. First timer here but count me in.

I adore artifacts, and items in general, whatever they are made of, especially if they have a great story tied to them. I'm not the best with lore though, so the really in-depth stuff often goes over my head.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might,
                  Whether its gloomy, whether its bright."

Comment

I'm in this year.

I wanna do art. Character portraits, maybe an in-setting document like a martial arts scroll or a map or something.

In terms of stuff I would like to receive... anything that fits my teenage Dragon blood soap opera at the House of Bells.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
                    -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Count me in. About time I finally play around the forums.

I would love animal styles. The world needs more of these, and unless I am completely missing it, 3e has a serious dearth of custom MA content so far.

Comment

Oh good. Another year, another swordsmastide.

I'm in.

I'd like a place to take my players. I don't have a game right now, but one day I will again.

Failing that, an NPC or two would be cool.

Comment

Sure, I'll take a shot.

I need artifacts; I had a notion for a Pretty Lady Ballgown Dress that ended up sprouting functional-flying wings of smoke and fire, and leaving more of same in its wake. I also have a character who's intended to be a played-almost-entirely-straight Knight In Shining Armor, and they need appropriate Moonsilver Plate.

I'm good at setting material, areas, places, history, and decent at character seeds and personalities.

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

I'm in
                            Things that I want:
                            • Liminal, Getiman, or Exigent characters
                            • Exalted/Toku quest (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Ultraman, GARO)
                            • Exalted/Jpop/j-rock/k-pop quest
                            • Character profiles
                            • Artifacts
                            • Limit Breaks
                            • Virtue flaws
                            • Stunt examples
                            Last edited by FMA245; 12-10-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

My December is looking pretty open, so I'd love to join in this!

I'll try my hand at making or writing whatever. I have no real preference in that fashion.

As for what I'd like: I'd love an island in the West! Some kind of interesting place with a storied history or unique inhabitants and maybe a dark secret or two. My players are all Lunars, so something that might interest some Chosen of the Moon would be super cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X