Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [White Elephant for Wise Old Guru] Fellowship of the Rose

Fellowship of the Rose
    The Fellowship of the Rose is a covert society of students dedicated to the principles of the honorable duel. Only the most elite, and prestigious of students at the House of Bells are permitted to pledge to join its ranks. Those who are accepted into the Fellowship become apart of a lifelong social network that crosses the boundaries of House, Aspect, and Class that spans the entirety of the Scarlet Empire. Leadership of the fellowship is known as The Rose Council, the highest ranked and most esteemed duelists among them. In order to have seat on the Council one must be a currently enrolled student in the House of Bells, a fully initiated member of the Fellowship in good standing, and possess record of no less than three honorable victories in the sacred Rose Duel.
    Members and Alumni signal to one another membership by wearing a small green jade & gold rose pin on their person.

The Rose Duel
    This is a special duel that is practiced only by members of the Fellowship, and it is considered to the epitome of honor to participate in. Both parties involved fight unarmored, with a single blade, and with a freshly plucked rose pinned to the lapel of their uniform jacket. The object of the duel is to cut the blossom off one's opponents lapel first. The duel is not over until one of the participant's rose has been cut off.

New Gambit:

Strike the Rose (Difficulty 7)
    Upon success of this Gambit, a small object is removed cleanly of an opponent's lapel using a single strike from a bladed weapon. If the item is of a delicate a nature, such as a glass brooch or flower blossom, the object is destroyed.

The Rose Consort
    Winners of the Rose Duel may claim the prize of The Rose Consort. The Rose Consort is always a student whom is among the rare and exceptional Dynasts whom have not taken the Second Breath that were accepted into the Academy. The Rose Consort serves as both a personal retainer and consort to social events. A potent sorcerous working binds The Rose Consort to both secrecy and loyalty to current Rose Champion. In exchange, the Consort has the entirety of their tuition compensated, and garners the opportunity for a marriage match to an Exalted after graduation via the vast social network of the Fellowship.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

So, having not watched the thing on which this is based, is there one Rose Consort, and a sort of bracket tournament to win them? Or does each duelist have a consort, and you win the opponents? Or as a winner, you can challenge the champion and then win the Consort?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
    Many Limbed Manual
    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
      So, having not watched the thing on which this is based, is there one Rose Consort, and a sort of bracket tournament to win them? Or does each duelist have a consort, and you win the opponents? Or as a winner, you can challenge the champion and then win the Consort?

As I have envisioned it. There is always only a single Rose Consort, and there is a constant series of duels to win the hand of the Rose Consort among the membership.

The identity of the Rose Consort only changes every 4 years upon graduation of the current Rose Consort. At That time a bracketed tournament is held to determine the First Champion.

However, factionalization centered on the establishment of multiple Rose Consorts could make for good drama.
      Last edited by Keichiokami; 12-28-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Fun! I like this, and it'll fit my game with only minor tweaks!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Old Guru View Post
          Fun! I like this, and it'll fit my game with only minor tweaks!

I am so glad you like it! I was freaked out when I got you as my White Elephant because I am such a huge fan of your work on God-Kicking Boot.

Let me know what tweaks you make! I am down to see what you do with it. ^_^

Comment

Edit: Odd a triple post!
            Last edited by Keichiokami; 12-28-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X