Music of Malfeas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music of Malfeas

So I'm taking the game to Malfeas this week and wanted to find some music that really represents the sound of the inhabitants trying to keep away The Silent Wind. This track from The Cell has always been my go-to Malfeas music but are any of you familiar with other similar songs?

Some of the tracks from the MirrorMask score are quite similar.
    Maybe a few of the tracks on the Planescape:Torment soundtrack as well.

Comment

I don't think there's any set bgm valid for Malfeas given that most of the time its just folks randomly making as much noise as they can so that they don't die.

Comment

Well, it is Hell after all...

Comment

I have used Kissed By A Kisser, by xploding plastix for a good mix of ominous mood and otherworldly noise with an improvised in-game-noise quality to it

https://youtu.be/tnJ998Trn7g
          Last edited by Kim; 12-29-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Behelit from the Berserk OST has been my personal go-to for Malfeas.

Comment

There are some good pieces on the Akira soundtract for that type of ambiance.

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
              Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
              I do maps for your games!
              Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                Noticing the shorties are making music with the helmets of dead enemies and have a custom of EATING PEOPLE gives things a quite different spin, no?

And now i'm thinking of some kind of cuddly-looking drop bear-esque demon race related to Szoreny or Metagaos.
                Last edited by Baaldam; 12-29-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Noticing the shorties are making music with the helmets of dead enemies and have a custom of EATING PEOPLE gives things a quite different spin, no?

And now i'm thinking of some kind of cuddly-looking drop bear-esque demon race related to Szoreny or Metagaos.

Baby Blood Apes.

Comment

I've personally almost always heard it as Peking opera, or at least how it's used in movies. The shrill horns, wildly clashing cymbals, boisterous percussion just feels right to me. To give you an idea what I mean, here's a clip from Uproar in Heaven that does a great job. About the 2:30 mark, when Sun Wukong is training his people.

definitely recommend hunting down the Shanghai Remaster for some great Exalted inspiration.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post

Baby Blood Apes.
                      True, they brachiate and everything already. A gang/tribe of midget erymanthoi working together for mutual protection could certainly work.

Comment

Aren't they born full-grown (5 at a time, when 4 tear each other apart)?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                          Aren't they born full-grown (5 at a time, when 4 tear each other apart)?
                          Actually, when 5 are undone in a sword dance, the flesh-cocoon made from their remains will spawn 10 smallish demons that must devour other beings to eventually reach full mass and size. But except for this "you are what you eat" issue, yes, they might be considered full-grown.

Comment

Working...
                          X