Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nishkriya

Hello,

I'll be taking http://nishkriya.com offline over the weekend. I'll upload a copy of the database contents to the repository.

If someone else wants to take over and host it I can provide assistance. You can find an email address for me in the LICENSE file on that repository.

Regards
    Anathema

The Professional Nihilist

Oh...

Such a useful thing you had built :-( could you spare a few details about why you shut it off ?

(BTW thank you for warning)

French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
    Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
    Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

Comment

What is involved in hosting it? I'm genuinely interested, but know next to nothing about what that would entail logistically and financially.

Edit: I also see 2 emails in that license, which one is you (first or second)?
      Last edited by The Unsung Hero; 01-04-2018, 06:45 PM.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Thank you very much for creating and running that. I've found it immensely useful.

Comment

if it's just money, i can throw a few bucks at it.

Comment

It's an ASP.NET MVC application, so needs to be hosted on a Windows server in IIS. It is currently hosted in an Azure VM, with the database hosted as an Azure SQL Server instance. This is probably the easiest option unless you already happen to have a Windows Server in use. It costs just over £10 per month to host (I get a certain amount of Azure credits free per month so it hasn't actually cost me any real money for a while).

Contact me at anathema@fastmail.com

The Professional Nihilist

Comment

oooo, asp.net...

Comment

So, um, is anybody doing anything about replacing this? Please?

Comment

I sent an e-mail to the poster to see about picking this tool back up. I am not 100% sure what is involved, but I'll see what it takes to get the service back online.

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

If money is an issue, please provide a donation link.

Comment

My friend and I are working on getting this up and running. We currently have it installed but there are some errors being worked through. We are hoping to have it back up by the end of the week, maybe next.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Thank you, this is greatly appreciated. And also many thanks to Anathema, I quite enjoyed access to this service over the past few years.

Comment

Many thanks for running Nish for all this time, and thanks to the folks who are going to pick it up.

Comment

I'm guessing the maintenance costs are pretty low. I don't know exactly how much overall throughput and storage will cost. I'm guessing $15 a month at the most. We'll see. if you want to donate you can send it here: https://www.paypal.me/maudova but we don't have it up yet. So don't donate.
                            Is this link even allowed by forum rules?
                            Last edited by Maudova; 01-16-2018, 09:01 PM.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X