No announcement yet.

Nishkriya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys still on track to bring Nishkriya back up? I've been missing it this last week.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
    Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: An Imperfect Circle

Comment

Yes, we are working with the original dev to try an get it working. The old GitHub files weren't in perfect order. It's a WIP. I'll let you all know when it's back up. We are hoping to have it up this week. But I can't guarantee it.

Craft rewrite.
      Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post
        Yes, we are working with the original dev to try an get it working. The old GitHub files weren't in perfect order. It's a WIP. I'll let you all know when it's back up. We are hoping to have it up this week. But I can't guarantee it.
        For my knowledge, how technical is it to run/fix? I almost took up the mantle but I was worried it would require some technical/coding knowledge that I lack.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

For my knowledge, how technical is it to run/fix? I almost took up the mantle but I was worried it would require some technical/coding knowledge that I lack.

Requires the ability to build out a ASAP.net single page app using javascript. From what I can tell there are several things in the github that are out of date and/or missing so we have to figure out what needs updating.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Requires the ability to build out a ASAP.net single page app using javascript. From what I can tell there are several things in the github that are out of date and/or missing so we have to figure out what needs updating.

I was looking at a rough go of it myself, and that was assuming the github was in order, so internet praise to you.

I know when you're in the thick of just trying to get an app up you probably don't want to even think about future utility, but do you plan on updating the accounts tracked to include additional Devs/Writers?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

I was looking at a rough go of it myself, and that was assuming the github was in order, so internet praise to you.

I know when you're in the thick of just trying to get an app up you probably don't want to even think about future utility, but do you plan on updating the accounts tracked to include additional Devs/Writers?

Unknown. Let's figure out if we can get the thing up first. If we can figure out how to track additional folks, I don't see why we wouldn't.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

We are still working on the app, but we are having some issues getting it to behave correctly. The original guy sent us a .bacpac so now we need to get that on a SQL server then figure out how to get the app and the database talking. Figured I’d let you all know where we are.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Thank you for doing this.

Comment

Just dropping in to say thanks not only for the initial effort, but also for the updates. This forum is littered with threads of people taking on grand projects, and rather never logging back in than admitting they gave up - so it's actually really really nice and appreciated that you keep us updated on the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                      Just dropping in to say thanks not only for the initial effort, but also for the updates. This forum is littered with threads of people taking on grand projects, and rather never logging back in than admitting they gave up - so it's actually really really nice and appreciated that you keep us updated on the process.

In the spirit of the current Exalted administration I aim for complete transparency and frequent communication. Also I know how frustrating it can be when big projects are spoken too but never come to fruition. Further, there is more than one group trying to get this up and working right now. My buddy and I are just one of the teams, it sounds like the competition actually has more experience on the applications platform so we may not be the team that gets the application up and running. Either way I'd like to see it that service return as it was invaluable.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

I'm one of the people tackling this. The general current status here is that I have almost everything working, including the previous database is integrated. Unfortunately, it appears that the forum scaper needs revisions before it will work again. I'll keep at it, and I'm very confident I can solve it with a little time.

Comment

We have some success. Not all of the data has been pulled in just yet, but it should update over night.

http://40.79.36.147/

I'll get a new domain up soon for it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishkriya2 View Post
                            We have some success. Not all of the data has been pulled in just yet, but it should update over night.

We’ve got a site up for it already if you want us to subdomain it for you. Also congrats on getting it up, we were a day away maybe two from getting the scraper up and running.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishkriya2 View Post

Thx for a great job bringing it back online again!
                              Last edited by Volivat; 01-28-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

http://nishkriya.eastus2.cloudapp.azure.com/

This will be the url for at least a little while. Sorry its not exactly pretty, but its free, so i'll use it for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X