I cant remember a rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant remember a rule

So i seem to be recalling hearing about using more than one ability on a role with appropriate stunting. Is that a rule and if so where can i find it? I want to make sure my players know all of their options when facing in game situations.

I think you're thinking of the way lunars can add a second ability to their bonus die cap with a stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiwuno View Post
      So i seem to be recalling hearing about using more than one ability on a role with appropriate stunting. Is that a rule and if so where can i find it? I want to make sure my players know all of their options when facing in game situations.

I don't know of any rule that allows all characters to use more than one ability in a pool with a stunt - that sounds really overpowered to me. You might be thinking of the Lunar dice cap, which is normally (Attribute) but can be raised to (Attribute + 2nd Attribute) if the action is appropriately stunted - for example, a (Charisma + Presence) roll to impress someone would normally be limited to the Lunar's (Charisma) in extra dice from charms, but if the Lunar described how they were using their mighty muscles to tear apart scenery to awe the onlooker, the dice cap would rise to (Charisma + Strength). Note, though, that even that doesn't add Strength to the die pool the Lunar is rolling, merely lets them add more dice through charms, which they still have to pay the regular cost for.

Comment

That sound about right thanks for the reminder. I find it hard at times to remember one rule set over another.

Comment

I do believe it is possible to stunt an assistance roll to use a different ability to the one being assisted (eg one character uses athletics to lift heavy components to assist in a craft roll). But outside of charms and similar magic, I don't think think more than one ability can be added to the same dice pool.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

In play, sometimes my players will come up with a description of using a different Ability than the one I've called for them to roll. I tend to be pretty generous with this.

For example, it makes sense - with a stunt or description - that you could navigate from one town to another with Athletics (if you marathon run from town to town) , Lore (you can read a map or a sign), Ride (riding is all about going somewhere), or War (combat maneuvers involve maps and orienteering) , instead of Survival.

Obviously that doesn't apply to all rolls and all tasks, but sometimes it does!

Comment

Working...
            X