Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Daiklave (Daiklave of, I don't know, some cool material, Artifact 3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daiklave (Daiklave of, I don't know, some cool material, Artifact 3)

My Daiklave (Daiklave made of... I don't know, you figure it out, Artifact 3)

This simple Daiklave is nondescript. Trying to describe it makes your head hurt, for it lacks any noticeable feature. But that is not magical -- a magically nondescript sword would be too interesting. Legends say that My Daiklave was forged by some legendary Twilight smith because he needed a daiklave for some quest. It was lost to aeons, but now my group's Dawn has found it. What was his name? It was super boring. Whatever.

Attunement: 5m
    Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 5)
    Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
    Hearthstone slot(s): 1
    Era: Waaaay back. You know, that era from Arms of the Chosen with that cool name. That one, yeah.

Evocations of My Daiklave
    Attuning to My Daiklave gives you two dice when you explicitly do not stunt. This should probably balance the game because I can't get Noul to stunt at all. When everyone at the table groans in disappointment, add an automatic success (applying a second-level stunt bonus in effect). If someone complains and says that Exalted is about cool heroes doing cool things to Noul, add another automatic success (applying a third-level stunt bonus in effect). No Willpower granted, however.

More Accurate Attack
    Cost: 1m+; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: None
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisites: None

This Evocation turns a die added by Melee Excellency into an automatic success for each mote spent on it. This Evocation is inapplicable to attacks that are enhanced by any other Charm than just Excellency.

Hit Harder Technique
    Cost: 2m+, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
    Keywords: Withering-only
    Prerequisites: More Accurate Attack

This Evocation supplements a withering attack enhanced by Melee Excellency only. Before dice are rolled, every additional mote of Essence spent on activating this Evocation adds a die to the post-soak damage roll. The number of damage dice added by this Evocation cannot exceed (the lower of Essence or motes spent in activating Melee Excellency)

Reliably Strong Attack
    Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
    Keywords: Decisive-only
    Prerequisites: Hit Harder Technique

This Evocation supplements a decisive attack, turning two dice in the final damage roll to one automatic success (up to (Essence)). It cannot be activated alongside any Charm other than Melee Excellency.

I Defend Defense
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 4
    Type: Reflexive
    Prerequisites: Reliably Strong Attack

Activated against an attack that is enhanced by a stunt, the wielder's Parry is also enhanced as if they have stunted their defense.

Super Strong Attack Against A Specific Type of Enemies
    Cost: 10m, 3a, 1wp; Mins: Essence 5
    Keywords: Decisive-only
    Prerequisites: I Defend Defense

This Evocation enhances a decisive attack against a Raksha. It cannot be defended with either Parry or Evasion. It cannot be Clashed, even with magic. It does uncountable Aggravated damage. My Daiklave is so boring that the mere fact that it exists at all destroys the Fair Folk's desire to exist and to witness Creation.

~~~

Jesus Christ, here's your sword. Are you happy now?

• Chronos12
    replied
    Originally posted by ScarecrowJ View Post
    Time for me to activate Taking the Joke Seriously Revelation.
    Joining you for a bit I honestly think that I Defend Defense is vastly over costed for a effect that's normally free (especially for essence 4). To keep... theme I would suggest that it cost 1m to use with a special activation stating that if the attack roll stunt used ten or more words for it's description it cost would be waived.
    Last edited by Chronos12; 01-16-2018, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CharonFerryman
    replied
    I..I just want a hug...

Leave a comment:

• Sorcerous Overlord
    replied
    To directly copy a post I made back in '16:
    Originally posted by Eura
    See now we need a mad twilight who's made the most boring artifact 5 daiklaive you'll ever see. Sitting next to it is a screaming toaster and moon silver shoes that are always one size too small.
    "So you made a Daiklave, which took 5 years?"
    'Yes. Its function is flawless and it's perfectly weighted'
    "Whats it called? Whats it do?"
    'Do? Its really sharp. That's what it does.'
    "And the name?"
    'Names now? Its A Daiklave. It cuts'.
    "Then I shall wield It Cuts, Quintessence of Sharpness"
    'That's not- yeah. Fine. Whatever. Happy birthday'

Leave a comment:

• ScarecrowJ
    replied
    Time for me to activate Taking the Joke Seriously Revelation.

What if a Lunar or other Attribute Exalt uses My Sword?

Do the successes from More Accurate Attack count as charm successes?

Hit Harder Technique has a Cost of 2+ motes and gains a post soak bonus to damage for every mote spent. Does that mean it gives a minimum of 2 dice?

Also

Can I have Super Strong Attack Against A Specific Type of Enemies altered to work on Undead? The boringness causes them to give up on their passions and move on to lethe in hope their next life is actually interesting.

Leave a comment:

• szp
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post

But I want a bow...
    Here's Your Goddamn Bow (Powerbow of material you are dissonant with, Artifact 3)
    Here's Your Goddamn is a mythical bow of mythical power. Legends say that some legendary Night spy requested it for some cool task.

Attunement: 5m
    Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
    Accuracy: Close -1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1 ;Extreme -1
    Tags: Lethal, Archery (Long)
    Hearthstone slot(s): 1
    Era: That one that you don't like

Evocations of Here's Your Goddamn
    If you are annoyed by your players' request, the first Evocation of Here's Your Goddamn is unlocked without cost.

Infinite Vexation Prana
    Cost: --; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Permanent
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisites: None

Here's Your Goddamn disappears. You wanted it. I wrote it up. Now it's gone. Ugh, why can't you just pick a bow from Arms of the Chosen instead?

Leave a comment:

• Sandact6
    replied
    Originally posted by szp View Post
    My Daiklave
    Jesus Christ, here's your sword. Are you happy now?
    But I want a bow...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X