Can Solar be Final Boss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Solar be Final Boss?

So, I have been wondering if it's possible to make a Final Boss Battle again a high-essence Solar that look interesting and feel distinctly Solar.

The other splats can transform into T-Rex, one-wing angel or avatar of bondage play while the Solar just hold a giant hammer, run up to you and then start smashing you until you're dead, it feels kinda......underwhelming to me.

Not to mention that you could very well be the giant one-wing angel, and it'll probably just looks weird to the reader when the human guy who shines gold is the final boss while a giant demon man is trying to stop the golden guy from casting a spell that rip out everyone heart in the area...

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Well, a solar might feel untouchable, smashing through your schemes, maneuvers, tactics and armies as if they might as well not exist.
    The sheer intensity behind the slightest motion can be a terrifying feature on its own.

And, of course, that's before considering the solar leads an army or fifteen. A solar sorcerer is also an unique thing, a being capable of ruining, solo, the entire countryside within the span of an hour. Some of the one-winged angels might well be his servants.
    Hells, they can produce in years wonders others might take decades or centuries, if the others even CAN make them.

Comment

I always imagined the Solar boss to be decked out in magnificent artifacts of resplendent power. Also, for dramatic effect, their anima is ALWAYS at Bonfire if not Iconic.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Fight the Solar, then when you beat him have him pull a "reborn in Pheonix-like Sunfire" trick to come back to life, laugh, and tell them that whatever he was fighting them with, "Wasn't even my Supernal Ability!"

Then he summons Glorious Solar Warstrider and roars "Behold the true strength of the rightful ruler of Creation!"

...Solars make great endbosses, because nobody is as good at Hubris, not even Sidereals.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Yeah, make them a twilight and pull out a giant mech like Doctor Robotnik.

Comment

Moon hunters final boss is very solar.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Is Warstrider a distinctly Solar thing when pretty much every splats can use them?

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                Is Warstrider a distinctly Solar thing when pretty much every splats can use them?
                If you allow something like Warforged Champion (was it a solar spell?) or a crazy upgrade for GSP. Then, it might be.

Solars have access to things like Ascendant Battle Visage, and insane familiar Charms. You just need a little aesthetical improvements to make them impressive bosses.

Join the Strife

Comment

Ah, first Jen thread of the new year; delightful.

[CENTER]

The other splats can transform into T-Rex, one-wing angel or avatar of bondage play while the Solar just hold a giant hammer, run up to you and then start smashing you until you're dead, it feels kinda......underwhelming to me.

Not to mention that you could very well be the giant one-wing angel, and it'll probably just looks weird to the reader when the human guy who shines gold is the final boss while a giant demon man is trying to stop the golden guy from casting a spell that rip out everyone heart in the area...
                  ​I would take a cue for this from Ascendant Battle Visage. Like, not every possibility for a Solar final boss need entail a dramatic physical transformation that provides persistent bonuses to certain Charms, but it at least establishes that a distinctive look and some more flamboyant effects are within their wheelhouse.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I'd say the Tales-series has a couple of really good examples of solars as final bosses.
                    Specifically Tales of Xillia and Tales of Berserias main antagonists are great examples of Solars gone bad
                    (Xillia's being a really powerful solar, who's intimacies and philosphy simply clashes with the protagonists', and Berseria's being a good example of a first age solar or the great curse/limit break in effect)

Also I love those games, so... don't mind bringing them up

Comment

Just make them Brawl Supernal, give the boss the awesome trifecta of brawl charms and chain them until the party, has been suplexed into the sky and back to creation, been comet bommed, and had at LEAST one heart ripped out. I mean...Yeah. Just do that. It is a final boss after all.

Craft rewrite.
                      Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Gilgamesh.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I think that cognitive dissonance- the guy that shines gold, who gives every outward appearance of Being a Narratively Good Guy (tm), is also part of the point or story of Solar villains. Hans from Frozen is a *great* example of one way to present Solar villain- especially an Eclipse or Zenith.

A tinkering effort at bringing Raksha into Ex3: Fair Folk: The Beautiful Thieves

A tinkering effort at bringing fate ninjas into Ex3: Sidereals: Where Fate Has Led - Album of the Charm Trees thereof.

Comment

I seem to recall Bull of the North being set up for basically this role, with respect to a player-character Circle.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

My players faced an Essence 5 Zenith. They have faced Abyssals, deathlords, behemoths, human wars, gods, Exigents, powerful raksha, crazy monsters based on Prototype, and much more. But it was that bloody Zenith Caste that had the most impact on the PCs and on the story itself.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - (No longer updated)

Comment

Working...
                              X