Arms of the Chosen final PDF changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms of the Chosen final PDF changes

The final AOTC PDF was released today and I ran the PDFs through BeyondCompare to see what changed. Here's a list of what I found, excluding really minor typo fixing stuff:
    • Celestial Reforging Technique was clarified / fixed, an artifact can only benefit from the charm 1 / story
    • Order of operations clarification / change on Distaff evocation Tarantula's grip: "after attack hits" -> "after attack is rolled"
    • Fist of Titans statline was fixed
    • (Fist of Titans) Avalanche Hammer Attack's clause about long-term medical treatment is gone
    • (Frost Thorn Knuckles) Blizzard Claw Swipe resonant effect is no longer a reflexive activation, now you get a willpower back if you crash someone
    • (Heaven and Earth Gauntlets) Meteor Fist Meditation fix, now makes AFoB compatible with the gauntlets
    • Irenio's Bell statline fixed, attunement effect now gives +1 Parry not Defense
    • Dancer and Wise Steel attunement effect now gives a bonus die (presumably a charm die) on clash attacks
    • Summer Thunder's attunement effect now gives +1 resolve to your mount
    • (Asphodel) Shadow-World Snare now fails against sufficiently powerful dudes (ST judgement) and undead exalts
    • Misteaver: Chopping -> Balanced
    • (Nightmare Shard) Nightmare Rending Stroke -> Nightmare-Drinking Thirst, completely changed, now lets you use Spirit-Draining Stance and Breath-Drinker Method against non-spirits conditionally
    • Sekhem clarified that whacking someone with it doesn't generate heat, and that the repair project takes a few hours
    • (Shipbreaker) Crushing Force of the Depths no longer introduces the fascinating concept of unsoakable decisive damage
    • Vainglory's statline corrected; it's now a Light weapon
    • (Zelator) Golden Devilry Mirror resonant timing changed: "after successfully parrying" -> "after attack is rolled"
    • Forgotten Blade clarifies it works against base resolve
    • (Forgotten Blade) Amnestic Desolation victims wake up if you keep stabbing them after
    • Akavadra purifies on the new, not full moon
    • (Baldaquin) Faultless Emissary Method is now supplemental, not reflexive (I... don't think this affects anything?)
    • Intro to the WOTLA section on natural magics extra-clarifies that yeah, sometimes you can't even buy these
    • Arete's activation condition had a tiny wording fix
    • LMAO Shadow-Casting Jewel is totally unchanged
    • Golden Viper: E1 -> E3
    • Golden Viper: now only poisons on a decisive attack
    • Golden Viper: when it takes damage you gotta fix it a la brass legionnaires
    • SIEGE WEAPONS ATTACKS CAN'T BE ENHANCED WITH SAIL CHARMS THANK GOD
    • also you can't use TAP with them
    • Lightning ballista withering AOE uses a flat +3 dice for accuracy (good change)
    • Horizon Endeavor no longer has ludicrous health, just a lot
    • Chariot of Aerial Conquest also had its health reduced a bit
    • Spirit-Grounding Stone has some clarification, you can't just re-de-materialize
    • Stone of the Ram's Horn (adds smashing tag) is no longer compatible with ranged weapons, thank you
    • Clarification to Twin Crescent Stone, only makes one duplicate
    • Jewel of the Rabbit's Sword only enhances non-extended actions now
    • Legendary size enemies can now parry warstrider weapons without artifacts or magic
    • Repairing a warstrider costs silver, not white points
    • (All-Conquering Colossus) Behemoth Breaker Might clarifies it's a feat of demolition, not strength when you throw stuff (not sure if this has any effect)
    • Warstrider weapon statlines that were missing damage types now have them
    • (Crusading Spear of the Depths) Deep-Sea Echo Sense does not negate lack-of-light, etc. penalties above water
    • (Emerald Chevalier) Indomitable Charge Focus's aim now ignores limitations on aim+move (this is mostly a fix)
    • (Ascending Nova Pheonix) Sunfire Seraph Conflagration's resonant effect, which lets it be used as a devastating action, now also lets its targets include non-trivial enemies (mostly a fix, it would be weird af if the reflexive use just, like, ignored characters in the AOE)
    • (Karvara) Berserker Fury Blitz is now Supplemental, not Reflexive, which I guess makes it IWA-compatible?
    • (Karvara) if you unlock all her evocations she becomes your waifu IRL

According to Minton on discord, "face-snaked" was never a typo and therefore has not been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtG View Post
      According to Minton on discord, "face-snaked" was never a typo and therefore has not been changed.
      I meant what I said and I said what I meant. ^_^

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

There's an Exalted discord??

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

As I said when it was brought up - being snake-faced doesn’t make one weird or alien in Creation. So I hoped it was intentional!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Edited: Wrong thread, sorry.
            Last edited by Iron Phoenix; 01-22-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

They took out using sail for siege weapons in the main text but left it in the sidebar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

There's an Exalted discord??
                This.... Is there also a Telegram, by any chance?

Also, Beyond Compare is very high up in my professional Charm Cascade.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

[*](Karvara) if you unlock all her evocations she becomes your waifu IRL
                  You say these things, and expect me not to go looking for how to romance the Elder God.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

[*](Karvara) if you unlock all her evocations she becomes your waifu IRL
                    .....What?

Comment

Hmm, Gorgon is more my type. Sleeps a lot, grouchy when woken, likes inflicting paralyzing terror on others—we'd get along.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        I meant what I said and I said what I meant. ^_^
                        I still don't really have any idea how to parse that statement into a mental image, which is why I called it out as a possible typo.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

I still don't really have any idea how to parse that statement into a mental image, which is why I called it out as a possible typo.
                          The Scorpion Empire is difficult to parse on multiple levels.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

I'm picturing their bodies as faceless, with their faces writhing about coiled and serpentine on their own separately from the rest of their form. Because if someone who is snake-faced has a snake's face for their face, then presumably someone who is face-snaked has their face for their snake.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

As a verb, "to snake" refers to something that twists or winds, so one way to read the description is of a body that has a face that is wound all over it, rather than being confined to a single portion of the body.

​Keeping in mind that it wouldn't need to be a human face.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                              X