Dragon Blooded Kickstarter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Blooded Kickstarter?

Someone knows the estimated time Dragon Blooded Kickstarter will be live?

I think we’re still several months away from that, although not too many now.

Comment

The Trinity Continuum Kickstarter is running through February, so not till afterwards. If Dragon-Blooded is next... depending on how long a break between KSs they take, it could be anywhere from mid-March to late April. If it's the next one after that, then later still.

But I'd at least hazard it'll be over and done by GenCon 2018, which is the beginning of August.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

huh, I had thought the KS was going to be up February.

Craft rewrite.
        Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post
          huh, I had thought the KS was going to be up February.
          I had hoped so too, as that would have been a lovely birthday present. But such is life.

I know that it has been said that they want to have the DB manuscript 100% finished before they do the KS, so it’s possible they’re not quite finished revising it and then there’s the KS schedule they need to fit it into as well. I doubt they were going to put the launch of an entire new gameline on hold for anything, so Exalted and everything else needed to work around that.

That said, the only other thing Kickstarter worthy on the list that’s anywhere close to the DB book is Geist 2e and it’s still back in first pass Development (Hunter 2e is even earlier) so, unless something unforeseen happens, it kinda feels like DBs should be next.

Placeholder

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

I had hoped so too, as that would have been a lovely birthday present. But such is life.

I know that it has been said that they want to have the DB manuscript 100% finished before they do the KS, so it’s possible they’re not quite finished revising it and then there’s the KS schedule they need to fit it into as well. I doubt they were going to put the launch of an entire new gameline on hold for anything, so Exalted and everything else needed to work around that.

That said, the only other thing Kickstarter worthy on the list that’s anywhere close to the DB book is Geist 2e and it’s still back in first pass Development (Hunter 2e is even earlier) so, unless something unforeseen happens, it kinda feels like DBs should be next.
            Pugmire's Fetch Quest is also slated for a Kickstarter, and it's pretty far along.

Comment

Ah drats. At least I have scion and trinity to tied me over till then but I never got the chance to back the original kickstarter so I'm looking forward to this one.

Comment

In addition to what BrilliantRain said, I think the intended goal was to have the book release shortly after the time the Kickstarter ended. Also, even if they were ready to start the KS today, OP only does 1 KS at a time so they have to wait for a slot in their schedule. When Vance was asked a month ago about stretch goals for the DB KS, he hadn't even talked with Rich about it yet. So yeah April feels more likely than Feb at this stage.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I think we should get some Kickstarter-themed April Fools charm sets this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                    I think we should get some Kickstarter-themed April Fools charm sets this year.
                    We already have the Craft tree

Comment

Originally posted by SaintedPhysician View Post
                      We already have the Craft tree

Well said.

Craft rewrite.
                      Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

My wyld guess is June.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Well said.
                          I'm kind of OK with putting a Kickstarter branch into the Craft tree.

Comment

Well I'm hoping its next after Trinity. One possible good thing is if Trinity is anything to go by we might get some big chunks of the book in the first day or two. I guess it depends on our new Devs' feelings about previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Therian View Post
                              Well I'm hoping its next after Trinity. One possible good thing is if Trinity is anything to go by we might get some big chunks of the book in the first day or two. I guess it depends on our new Devs' feelings about previews.
                              Going by Changeling: the Lost, it'd be a quarter of the chapters each week. (Trinity is two books, so they increase the frequency to each Tuesday and Friday.)

Comment

Working...
                              X