No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week’s Monday Meeting said that DBs was going to be the next Kickstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      *Throws Confetti everywhere*

I am pretty excited to get my hands on the Dragon Blooded book! I haven’t kick started anything form Onyx Path. Should I go ahead and wait and see if ‘Arms of the Chosen’ is somehow included as a discounted add on or buy it now?

I also wonder what kind of kickstarter goals they are going to have? I hope that they have a working out line of them too because it feels like from what I read that the first exalted kickstarter was a bit of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
        That doesn't necessarily mean it will be in March (wishing I'm wrong).

Craft rewrite.
        Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post

That doesn't necessarily mean it will be in March (wishing I'm wrong).
          Honestly, I'm assuming End of March at the EARLIEST, because they're gonna wanna space these things out a bit. Everything I've heard about it says that running a KS is super tough so they'll likely want a bit of time to recover. Plus, Trinity's fanbase also has some crossover potential with Exalted's fanbase, so they'll want to give them a bit of time to get their wallets back up to speed.

Comment

I’m somewhat concerned about how much money I will spend on this. Last time exalted had a kickstarter I spent really more than I should have, and now my favourite splat is up AND I’m going to be riding the hype that once the KS is finished it will be a very short time until we get the book.

I’m just hoping we get another author pay bump stretch goal.

Comment

As hyped as I am about the DB Kickstarter, I'm usually not very impressed by Onyx Path's stretch goals. Their current system seems to consist of previous edition bundles and t-shirt discounts, neither of which is very compelling. They even stopped selling physical dice add-ons after their MoM Kickstarter so that they could promote their dice app. I guess that some of that stuff is fine, and we should avoid stretch goals that add to the development time (such as for the Ex3 KS). But I kind of wish for more physical rewards, and less things that may appeal to only a handful of people or attempts to get you to purchase more products, like a t-shirt.

Freelance writer for Exalted | Content creator
              Twitter | Youtube Channel | Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Well said.
                Is it? Is it not passé and completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

You know that other thread where you recently worried about your post coming off as too condescending?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                    You know that other thread where you recently worried about your post coming off as too condescending?
                    ​You know, you're right. Why should I have worried about that, when there's people doing things like actively calling the work of the writers a joke? So long as I never ask a question such as that, I'd say that I'm sitting pretty.

​Anyway, I'm actually kind of hoping myself that a Dragon Blooded Kickstarter would be a ways off. I don't have the disposable money that I did four or five years ago, and I'd hope it would wait until after a period in which I can feel comfortable sparing any amount of cash on this kind of thing.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

So yeah, any intent to call anybody's work a joke is inferred and not implied.

I do enjoy April Fools game products though. Some of the best have a lot of humor that only people very involved with the game would get. Suggesting one that I'd like to see is a positive statement and not a complaint.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Art previews looking very top notch. Wonder if that's a behemoth or naturally occurring megafauna. Or just nothing in particular and cool art for the sake of cool art

Comment

Yeah, it does look pretty cool. Gunship Revolution did a good job with the art on Arms, so I guess they're keeping them.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Here is the preview for those of you who are lazy.

Freelance writer for Exalted | Content creator
                            Twitter | Youtube Channel | Patreon

Comment

I need that trident for one of my games!

Comment

Hah, in my next game I’m totally having that giant monster as a fight with that sweet lightning trident as loot in its gullet, I love art that instantly gives me ideas for a whole session. Maybe even have it’s evocations not turn off after it’s last wielded perishes so now the beast breathes lightning when it opens it’s mouth to swallow you.

Comment

Working...
                                X