Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Art of Sorcery - Converted Sorcery Spells for Third Edition!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of Sorcery - Converted Sorcery Spells for Third Edition!

Hello everyone! I'm happy to present the Art of Sorcery, the revival and continuation of the Book of Three Circles project to convert spells from the previous editions to Exalted Third Edition! After taking charge of the project, I decided to rename it and expand it further with more spells and a pretty new format!

In this project, you can find 35 new spells for sorcerers in the Third Edition, carefully converted to try and fit the design paradigm of the third edition.

There are currently:
    • 20 New Terrestrial Spells
    • 10 New Celestial Spells
    • 5 New Solar Spells
    All for you to use and enjoy! This has been a labor of love for me and I hope you all appreciate the results! I've heard playtesting notes from some friends who have been trying these spells out, but I am always interested in hearing more, please feel free to post your feedback, ideas or concerns in this thread, or to message them to me privately here on the Onyx Path Forums! I will try to answer whatever questions I can!

I want the Art of Sorcery to be a community resource, so I am very interested in your feedback! I'd especially love to hear if you guys want to see more of this project, because I've discussed privately the possibilities of including some advice on storytelling sorcery, some rules hacks as well as more spells, sorcerous artifacts and sorcerous adversaries who make use of them. If any of those things would interest you, I'd love to hear it.

This has been a lot of work over the last month or so, and I am super duper tired after spending my evening making final edits. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
    Last edited by VioletDreamer; 02-06-2018, 01:24 AM.

Thank you for sharing. More spells are always appreciated!
    The changelog is a very nice touch.

Comment

Great work!!!

Comment

Aw, no Dance of the Smoke Cobras?

Kidding, nicely done.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
        Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Thoroughly approved

Comment

Fantastic work!

Comment

Yeah, that's great.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Love the control spells

Comment

I like what I see.

Comment

Very nice.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: February 15, 2018

Comment

I might use some of these with my next character (I kind of want to play a sorcerer, but I'm bored of the spells in the Core because I've seen them used so much now). If I do, I'll let you know how they are (it won't be for a few months though).

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I like this. You've been innovative with control spells and on my first reading nothing jumps out as troublesome which is a good start.

Main point of concern is what's going to happen when I stack all the persistent effect defensive spells on the same character because I used to pull that trick in 2e, so I might try that for my next significant antagonist and get back to you with more detailed feedback.

Onyx Path Forums Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                          I like this. You've been innovative with control spells and on my first reading nothing jumps out as troublesome which is a good start.

Main point of concern is what's going to happen when I stack all the persistent effect defensive spells on the same character because I used to pull that trick in 2e, so I might try that for my next significant antagonist and get back to you with more detailed feedback.
                          I'd appreciate it! There aren't many defensive spells in the document, but the way they could stack is a concern of mine. I'm more than willing to make significant structural changes to spells or their control spell effects to improve the overall feeling and fun of the spells.

For anyone interested, I'll be updating the document with some adjusted Sorcerous Mote costs for a couple spells tomorrow. If you have any feedback from using the spells or eyeballing them, I want to hear it from you! If there's one thing I want to say though, be attentive to the conditions of use for some spells, such as their Duration because this can be a factor of the "balance" of a spell. Just something to keep in mind!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's specifically still around, but there used to be an idea of Shaping, implying you could really only be Shaped one way at a time. So you couldn't stack up heaps of defensive magics without them undoing each other.

Or maybe you'd just a'splode.

Comment

Sorry for doing so a day late all, but made a small updated adjusting some costs for the higher level spells! The spells changed are all listed in the changelog!

Comment

Working...
                              X