Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a Virtuous Combatant - Need Help (2.5e)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Virtuous Combatant - Need Help (2.5e)

Hi, so I'm currently working on a character whose entire combat strategy revolves around his virtues and his belief in his invincibility. I have the barebones down already, but there are a couple of charms that I remember existing but I'm having trouble finding them again.

The first is one which allows you to spend a Willpower and Virtue channel and rolls the dice for that Virtue, then heal a number of health levels equal to the successes rolled, or something to that effect. Could anyone remind me where this is?

The other thing I need is the most efficient way for a Solar to recover Virtue channels. I'm already aware of Phoenix Renewal Tactic and Epic Zeal of (Virtue), but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way.

Really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Originally posted by CarnivalCash View Post

The first is one which allows you to spend a Willpower and Virtue channel and rolls the dice for that Virtue, then heal a number of health levels equal to the successes rolled, or something to that effect. Could anyone remind me where this is?
    A resistance charm from ink monkeys is this (forgot the name). You roll your valor specifically. Works well with Epic Zeal of Virtue, if you're insane enough to pick that one up for your primary virtue as a solar... lots of limit break that way.

The other thing I need is the most efficient way for a Solar to recover Virtue channels. I'm already aware of Phoenix Renewal Tactic and Epic Zeal of (Virtue), but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way.
    Not to my knowledge but that said Phoenix Renewal Tactic is allready insanely good for that. Basically any two dot stunt can recover a virtue channel... and with Heroism Encouraging Presence you don't even pay wp to channel valor and turn all valor channel die into automatic successes.
    Last edited by Flinty; 02-08-2018, 06:10 AM.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Ah, found it. Soul Fire Resurgence. Brilliant. This combined with Phoenix Renewal Tactic ought to suffice for keeping me alive if I get hit.

Was kinda hoping that I would be able to use it with my Temperance, since that'll be my primary Virtue. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
        A resistance charm from ink monkeys is this (forgot the name). You roll your Valor specifically. Works well with Epic Zeal
        It doesn't, because Soul Fire Resurgence specifically bans Epic Zeal-enhanced Virtues from working with it.

In 2.5 (and only in 2.5), the way to go is (Virtue + one piece of equipment (a hearthstone for +3 is best)) x2 (Eclipse with Thousand Streams Defender) made successes by Heroism-Encouraging Presence if Valor.

Comment

Working...
        X