Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silverwinglie View Post
    Aaaah, finally!

This one's mine, the Dirge Singer. Midnight caste renegade. That violin's soulsteel, yo.
    What's its name? I wanna write Evocations for it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
      Is there some kind of clever play on words here, or what?
      To know her is to fear her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        What's its name? I wanna write Evocations for it.
        Originally the Tyrant of Strings, renamed to Joy's Lament when he went renegade.

Way back when, it did something like giving bonuses to performances directed towards the dead.

~~
        Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
        Not sure if offended...
        Still, at least its not the RPGnet thread.
        Oh wow a minor thing broke out there, hadn't even seen it...

Comment

• Originally posted by JimB View Post
          Clearly, I have failed both in my google-fu AND my Nerd Lore check. I must commit penance for my double-fail.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiresias View Post

I'm going with Spider Lunar.
            Spider Lunar, Spider Lunar, does whatever a Spider Lunar does

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
              Clearly, I have failed both in my google-fu AND my Nerd Lore check. I must commit penance for my double-fail.
              I've been reading "Variant Strain", a Spider-Man/Prototype crossover in which Jessica Drew replaces Greene. Yet I didn't get it, either.

Well, that's another bit of evidence that her totem is Spider. Which doesn't explain the glowing purple eyes.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Holden View Post
                Spider Lunar, Spider Lunar, does whatever a Spider Lunar does
                Look out! Here comes the Spider Lunar.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Oh wow a minor thing broke out there, hadn't even seen it...
                  I started to do a fairly length defence of why I thought a Hussar style Abyssal was appropriate for Creation before deciding they weren't worth my time, it's probably best you do the same because your character is awesome.

Simple Exigent Guidelines, a work in progress

Comment

• ....Spider. Yes. It's...

wow.

It's pretty obvious.

How on earth did I get Centipede? I mean she's even doing the classical "descending from the ceiling on string from my butt" pose in 18.

Edit:
                    After looking at the rpgnet thread, I feel I should clarifiy that. I'm genuine over my like over the design of the Dirge Singer. It wasn't sarcasm. I was just poking fun at my stereotypical dislike of Abyssals. Not at the Abyssal.
                    Last edited by Dragonmystic; 04-26-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Missed this.

Originally posted by Oramus View Post
                      I really don't know what to tell you. Sometimes, people underestimate their opponents. Sometimes, the more skilled combatant loses due to bad luck, or the aforementioned underestimation. This does not equate to being bad. I mean, it just doesn't.
                      I'm too lazy to go back and check, but I don't remember saying the Lunar is bad. I'm not even sure what "bad" means in this context. I just think it's not unfair for someone to say she went down like a punk, because seriously, she kind of went down like a punk. No matter what justifications anyone, including myself, can come up with for her going down like a punk, she still went down like a punk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        Well, that's another bit of evidence that her totem is Spider.
                        Also, after her knives break, she uses webbing to get a few of them back into her hands. Thwip.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        Which doesn't explain the glowing purple eyes.
                        I've never been clear on how Tells are supposed to work. Sometimes it's a cue that would be completely normal on a true form, like a fox having a fox's tail, and other times it's something completely distinctive for any shape, like having the whites of your eyes be purple. I'm guessing the latter is what's going on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
                          I started to do a fairly length defence of why I thought a Hussar style Abyssal was appropriate for Creation before deciding they weren't worth my time, it's probably best you do the same because your character is awesome.
                          I wasn't planning to respond, just amused that it turned into a whole thread-hijacking issue. Your Abyssal is kickass - and hey, Abyssals do tend to be pretty anachronistic in any case, so...uh, yeah. Not weird for an Abyssal to look a little out-of-setting.

For my part, anyway - Dirge is not at all a flashy character. Putting him in something fancy for the sake of a more complicated aesthetic would change the roots of the character altogether.

Comment

I wasn't planning to respond, just amused that it turned into a whole thread-hijacking issue. Your Abyssal is kickass - and hey, Abyssals do tend to be pretty anachronistic in any case, so...uh, yeah. Not weird for an Abyssal to look a little out-of-setting.

For my part, anyway - Dirge is not at all a flashy character. Putting him in something fancy for the sake of a more complicated aesthetic would change the roots of the character altogether.
                            You know... between you, Bastet and myself we could easily work out some idea what happens in the last panel of page 11 to the first panel of page 12 to allow for a sequel of sorts. Maybe the other cameo people too if they're interested but Flare, Dirge, Scarlet and Feather could easily be fit into a small narrative.

Simple Exigent Guidelines, a work in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by turkeygiant View Post
                              After a re-read I'm now wondering if in the panel where Flare sees the ghostly image of Sublime Danger, it was just his first age memories making him see things or was there actually a supernatural effect to the apparition. Wouldn't it be cool if the anima banner of the spider woman took the form of her mentor who she holds above all others!
                              On the first go, I though it was a flashback...

But then there's the Changing Moon anima power (the 2e version at least). And since she doesn't seem to have tattoos, she might be casteless, thus changing moon 22 days out of 28.
                              It seems to fit with the way she pops through the cloud with her mentor's form overlaying her.
                              Last edited by Fata-Ku; 04-26-2014, 12:45 AM.

Bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
                              Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

• On an entirely different topic, despite it's size, I don't think the sword Visiting Flare is using is a daiklave. It's big enough that I would believe it if someone corrected me, but it just seems too... rough, too weathered and notched to be a daiklave. It doesn't have the kind of embellishment you would expect from and artifact blade; no scrollwork or carvings, no gems or slots for hearthstones.

Indeed, the only concessions to style seem to be the attached rings, and even they can be sort-of justified as a mountings for a backstrap (although that would be very awkward, considering their positioning). It's just one big slab of shaped metal to dice some fools with.

So, yeah. Proof positive that you don't need an ancient heirloom blade to have an *animesquely huge weapon. I like that.

*I don't know if that's a real word.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Working...
                                X