The Great Marriage of Exalted and [Insert Fandom Here]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Marriage of Exalted and [Insert Fandom Here]

This was one of my favorites on the Old Forum, so I thought I'd bring it over here. The basic idea is to take some sort of other book/anime/movie/story/video game and translate it into the Exalted universe. To quote the original poster:

A couple quick ground rules. This isn't meant to be an exact translation from existing universe to Exalted. Posters are allowed to finagle it a bit. Yes, Batman and the Joker are mortals. We get it. But if the poster has an idea for turning Nexus into Gotham, with Batman being a Night caste and the Joker being a Fair Folk, that's his prerogative. If you disagree, do so politely, and make your case, with as much detail as possible. Then leave it. The idea is to have fun and be creative, not precise.

Also, keep the general idea close as possible, but feel free to mess with it a bit as well. If you wanted to make an Exalted Hunger Games of Divinity, the characters don't all need to match specific tributes; just make it so that the contestants are randomly drawn from some pool of potential candidates and forced to fight to the death.

Alrighty... let's see what people come up with!
    I have a pretty good one to start off with on this forum:

The Realm Civil War is now in full swing, and the fighting has practically engulfed all the Blessed Isle. While the Roseblack has taken the Imperial City and still maintains the capital, she has gone to drastic and disturbing lengths to hunt both her enemies and bring back the Wyld Hunt in full force. To do the latter, she has unknowingly recruited a ruthless Moonshadow Caste detective who seems to flicker between disturbingly polite and complete madman.

In this horrific war, Lookshy decides they must do something in order to keep the Civil War from spilling over into the East. Therefore they send a team of their best soldiers, a team of Dragon-blooded led by a smooth talking Dawn Caste, to assist House Sesus in defeating the forces of the Roseblack.

Meanwhile, in a Blessed Isle city occupied by the Roseblack's forces, the Half-Caste daughter of a Zenith killed by the Roseblack's Wyld Hunt (led by the previously mentioned Moonshadow Caste) runs a theater where she puts on plays thought lost to the Blessed Isle. When a Fire-Aspected war hero falls for the Half-Caste, he convinces his Dynast superiors to use her theater to premiere a play written about his heroic deeds. Seeing a chance for revenge against the Roseblack, the Half-Caste allows this, secretly plotting to turn the play's premiere into the execution of all the Dynasts sided with the Roseblack.

"Oh boys! Look what I got here!"
    "Hey, where the Dynast women at?"

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
    The Realm Civil War is now in full swing, and the fighting has practically engulfed all the Blessed Isle. While the Roseblack has taken the Imperial City and still maintains the capital, she has gone to drastic and disturbing lengths to hunt both her enemies and bring back the Wyld Hunt in full force. To do the latter, she has unknowingly recruited a ruthless Moonshadow Caste detective who seems to flicker between disturbingly polite and complete madman.

In this horrific war, Lookshy decides they must do something in order to keep the Civil War from spilling over into the East. Therefore they send a team of their best soldiers, a team of Dragon-blooded led by a smooth talking Dawn Caste, to assist House Sesus in defeating the forces of the Roseblack.

Meanwhile, in a Blessed Isle city occupied by the Roseblack's forces, the Half-Caste daughter of a Zenith killed by the Roseblack's Wyld Hunt (led by the previously mentioned Moonshadow Caste) runs a theater where she puts on plays thought lost to the Blessed Isle. When a Fire-Aspected war hero falls for the Half-Caste, he convinces his Dynast superiors to use her theater to premiere a play written about his heroic deeds. Seeing a chance for revenge against the Roseblack, the Half-Caste allows this, secretly plotting to turn the play's premiere into the execution of all the Dynasts sided with the Roseblack.
    This is very cool, but I don't recognize it..? What are you paraphrasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Drecain View Post

This is very cool, but I don't recognize it..? What are you paraphrasing?
      That's kind of the point.

While the topic on the old forums started off as just reframing things in Exalted terms, by the end of the first page people had started playing, "Guess the story that's been Exaltified."

I do agree with you though that dreamking's thing sounds pretty awesome, but I have no idea what it is.

Comment

It's Inglorious Basterds, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
          It's Inglorious Basterds, isn't it?
          You got it!

"Oh boys! Look what I got here!"
          "Hey, where the Dynast women at?"

Comment

Ooh, I've got one.

The might of Tepet Fukof has been revealed. Seizing control of the Realm, the man once thought puppet now seeks to consolidate his control by drawing out and destroying his enemies. To this end, he curses Iselsi Holy with terrible Wyld mutations, hoping to bait in her father, Josuta Josefu from his refuge in the Threshold. A masterful Immaculate martial artist in his younger days, Josefu was famed for his defeat of Karz, the Ever-Living Behemoth. But unbeknownst to Fukof, Josefu had already been destined for something greater- at the age of nearly sixty, he received his preordained Sidereal Exaltation, becoming one of the Chosen of Battles. Now he has abandoned heaven, seeking the aid of Holy's son, Adamant Star, who has recently Exalted as a Dawn Caste. But all the world is not against them: they will be joined by Emerald Monk and Silver Palanquin, both former servants of Fukof's, now seeking revenge against their former master. Crimson Augur, a wise Fire aspect and powerful sorcerer, and Igi the Fool, a tempestuous and diminutive Full Moon Caste. Together, they will travel to the Blessed Isle to confront Fukof, battling along the way the many strange and twisted Dragon-Blooded, demons, and Infernals he throws against them- and along the way, discover the secret of Fukof's power or die to his mysterious strength.

Comment

...This is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, isn't it?

Comment

Bullseye. Part 3, specifically. (I figured, Exalted was inspired in part by Fist of the North Star, why not adapt FotNS: Glam Rock Edition?)

Comment

In the First Age, a ruthless Solar Queen has ruled her secluded island with an iron fist, guarded by her powerful weather-controlling Sorcery and her fanatically devoted Air-Aspected DB Gens. In order to ensure her eternal rule, she wove powerful magics that'd let her consciousness transfer to the next bearer of her Exaltation, always chosen from one of her priesthood.

Some time after the Usurpation (which she survived thanks to storms guarding her island), her masterplan came undone when her current high priestess, destined to be the next bearer of the Exaltation, saw through Queen's game and committed suicide before the transfer was complete, leaving Queen's consciousness trapped in her decaying body. Maddened sorceress raised up all the spells protecting the island, wreaking havoc and ensuring no one can never leave. Over the years, the DB gens has degenerated through centuries of inbreeding, and the vicious storms have caused numerous vessels to get wrecked upon the island's shores. Recently, a group of refugees formed a murderous scavenger cult, led by a man intent on solving the island's mystery and leaving it.

Into this, a ship bearing a scavenging expedition gets thrown. Among them, a girl who's the last descendant of Solar's priesthood, and her best friend who's secretly a No Moon Lunar and a student of the dreaded Black Claw Style. The Lunar begins to plow through the island, uncovering it's secrets and decimating the cargo cult in order to save her kidnapped friend, never dropping her "damsel in distress trying to survive" act while at it.

When I posted it on the old forum, nobody got it. Hint: it's a video game, and I made the main heroine a Lunar due to the game's promotional catchphrase.

Comment

The last Tomb Raider game. "A Survivor is Born"

Had to check the wikipedia entry to see if the plot actually matched, since I never actually played the game (man, it's a lot crazier than I thought). But your description of the heroine was enough to guess. Not sure why Black Claw Style, though.

Comment

I love the detail of making Lara a Black Claw stylist, now I manically laugh in a quite evil manner when I think back on the game. She sure did murder a lot of cultists while pretending to be defending herself in that game, didn't she?

She could easily be a Twilight or Chosen of Secrets as well, though, but props. Way awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazorh View Post
                        The last Tomb Raider game. "A Survivor is Born"

Had to check the wikipedia entry to see if the plot actually matched, since I never actually played the game (man, it's a lot crazier than I thought). But your description of the heroine was enough to guess. Not sure why Black Claw Style, though.
                        It's very obvious if you play the game, especially on lower difficulties.

The thing about combat in Tomb Raider is, Lara is extremely deadly once you buy a few powerups, but she never drops the "innocent girl desperately trying to defend herself" act. By the end of the game, I had to fumble really hard to not trigger the instakill finishing move on every enemy, and even if I did, it was merely downgraded to "stun the bastard and have another go at finishing him off" move or something like that, but the way the fight was animated, if you saw it without ever playing it and with QTE prompts cleared from the screen, you'd think it's hellishly hard, as Lara fumbles and flails about all the time, seemingly winning in the end only by a combination of luck and sheer balls, not being one of the deadliest beings in existence. Hence, Black Claw Style.

Comment

A thousand years has passed since Creation was crushed by the failed onslaught of the Yozi Reclamation. An Infernal empire, lead by the last surviving decendent of the Scarlet Empress, has arisen on the once-Blessed Isle. Powered by their Helltech machines and Infernal Sorceries, their conquest of the world seems certain. Only the city of Why'wal, by the genius of its elderly Twilight prince, has faced the empire and survived. When a young mercenary general betrays the empire and Exalts as a Dawn caste, the empire attaches to his skull a Sapient black gemstone that will kill him if they choose and send him as an infiltrator to deliver Why'wal to them.

The elderly Twilight sees through the rouse and uses his sorcery to quiet the relic long enough for the Dawn to find a way to permanently draw it under his control. With the assistance of his newly-found midget Lunar mate and the advice of a cryptic Chosen of Battles, the young Solar travels to the corners of Creation, collecting a trio of potent artifacts; an amulet which steals vitality from those slain nearby the wearer, the Aidenweiss and an staff with the power to negate Sorcery. With these weapons and and army of Lumina summoned by the Aidenweiss, the Dawn successfully leads Creation in a decisive battle that destroys the Infernal empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                            A thousand years has passed since Creation was crushed by the failed onslaught of the Yozi Reclamation. An Infernal empire, lead by the last surviving decendent of the Scarlet Empress, has arisen on the once-Blessed Isle. Powered by their Helltech machines and Infernal Sorceries, their conquest of the world seems certain. Only the city of Why'wal, by the genius of its elderly Twilight prince, has faced the empire and survived. When a young mercenary general betrays the empire and Exalts as a Dawn caste, the empire attaches to his skull a Sapient black gemstone that will kill him if they choose and send him as an infiltrator to deliver Why'wal to them.

The elderly Twilight sees through the rouse and uses his sorcery to quiet the relic long enough for the Dawn to find a way to permanently draw it under his control. With the assistance of his newly-found midget Lunar mate and the advice of a cryptic Chosen of Battles, the young Solar travels to the corners of Creation, collecting a trio of potent artifacts; an amulet which steals vitality from those slain nearby the wearer, the Aidenweiss and an staff with the power to negate Sorcery. With these weapons and and army of Lumina summoned by the Aidenweiss, the Dawn successfully leads Creation in a decisive battle that destroys the Infernal empire.
                            That's... the original Hawkmoon series by Michael Moorcock, isn't it?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

That's... the original Hawkmoon series by Michael Moorcock, isn't it?
                              Yes, yes it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X