Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

See this week’s Monday Meeting.

http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blood-...meeting-notes/

Edit: Here’s the link to the KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...agon%20blooded
    Last edited by BrilliantRain; 03-27-2018, 11:01 PM.

Placeholder

Damn, probably not gonna be able to get on this one.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Awesome. That'll be a nice birthday present for myself.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I feel a great disturbance in the force. It's as though my wallet suddenly cried out on terror......

Comment

Whooo! Looking forward to this!

Comment

Let's take a moment to appreciate this:

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: April 14, 2018

Comment

Now we see if all the waiting was worth it. Fingers crossed.

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
                Now we see if all the waiting was worth it. Fingers crossed.
                They made it worth it to me back when they announced Iselsi Takora.

Comment

I was but a broke college student when first the Ex 3rd Edition Kickstarter went round.

But now, now I am gainfully employed, and that shall make all the difference =D

But anyway; full text available on backing? Yaasss
                  Last edited by Janissary87; 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM.

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
                  - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

Hrmm. We'll see.

I'm probably never going to use the mechanics, but the Lore of 3e has been pretty on point. I do like pretty things on my shelf, and I can't fault 3e core for that. I also do regret not getting the cloth map--that is one backer reward that is really good.

But still, Exalted and White Wolf have really burned away a lot of my trust, and the mechanics really aren't for me at all, and I can't find myself wanting to back a company that has done that. Plus the pace of these books has been glacial at best.

Then again, the lore has been on point... *goes in circles.*
                    Last edited by Dragonmystic; 03-21-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post

I'm probably never going to use the mechanics
                      ​Do you not think that Elemental Aura and Signature Charms could provide even an inspiration for modified mechanics?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Do you not think that Elemental Aura and Signature Charms could provide even an inspiration for modified mechanics?

Fair, I should have said "I'm probably never going to use the mechanics as written or intended." Using them for inspiration in a complete rewrite may be somewhat useful, though I'm not sure that is "backer-worthy" type of enthusiasm.

I actually am working on a complete rewrite of the system from the ground up. If I don't lose steam, that is.

Honestly there is a not-so-secret cynical part of me that hopes this kickstarter fails so that Onyx Path reevaluates how 3e is going and maybe redoes the core mechanics (*cough Craft cough*)
                        Last edited by Dragonmystic; 03-20-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          They made it worth it to me back when they announced Iselsi Takora.
                          What matters to me is that DB's, due to their power level, represent a possible lower-crunch (when it comes to charms) take on Exalted I can actually enjoy. The quality of stuff so far is good, even if I don't enjoy the density/granularity level of the mechanics, currently. I just want to be able to run the game without so much reference work or mechanical "stops" in play while we resolve something and take an extra minute post-roll to deal with all the tiny if-then interactions the game has on it's powers. Previous comments by Vance on the size of the DB charmset do not leave me hopeful. I'm hoping for 50% of the Solar Charmset or less in terms of volume.

I love the game, but by RAW it's essentially unplayable to me in it's current density level.

Edit: At least it's not Scion 2E levels of if-then checks though, woo talk about misreading the room in terms of what makes a good system.

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

... Moving on.

​I imagine that a benefit of being provided with the text piecemeal is that it will make it feel less urgent to assess each part. Even considering how it would probably not be nearly as big as the core book.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
                              Edit: At least it's not Scion 2E levels of if-then checks though, woo talk about misreading the room in terms of what makes a good system.
                              imagine a world where someone can say "at least exalted is less pointlessly crunchy than this" in sincerity

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

Working...
                              X