Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by marin View Post

    Eh. For Lunars myself I see Silver Pact and non-Silver Pact; chimerism is a Charm choice.
    Maybe even Caul Lunar or who knows what other options!


    Join the Strife

    Comment


    • And the t-shirt stretch goal is achieved, which I don’t personally care about, but obviously plenty of peoples are into that sort of thing or they wouldn’t keep doing it, so that’s cool. 10k more until Outcaste section gets added to the Companion!


      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

      Comment


      • The Forest Witches are really interesting to me, and I'm happy they'll receive some more treatment. Not only is the Sea of Mind a pretty out-there idea that need some development, I also like that we see a group of Terrestrials that's properly nature-oriented. Despite being elemental Exalts of primal natural forces, the Dragon-Blooded tend towards civilization. It's cool to see a culture that forgoes the "standard" empire and city setting. I also think a more prevalent place for Forest Witches in the setting justifies some Charm effects that might not otherwise be seen, particularly with Wood-based themes.

        I might get the shirt, depending on the design. I'm much more interested in a "Dragon-Blooded" t-shirt than a "What Fire has Wrought KS" t-shirt.


        Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Weimann View Post
          The Forest Witches are really interesting to me, and I'm happy they'll receive some more treatment. Not only is the Sea of Mind a pretty out-there idea that need some development, I also like that we see a group of Terrestrials that's properly nature-oriented. Despite being elemental Exalts of primal natural forces, the Dragon-Blooded tend towards civilization. It's cool to see a culture that forgoes the "standard" empire and city setting. I also think a more prevalent place for Forest Witches in the setting justifies some Charm effects that might not otherwise be seen, particularly with Wood-based themes.

          I might get the shirt, depending on the design. I'm much more interested in a "Dragon-Blooded" t-shirt than a "What Fire has Wrought KS" t-shirt.
          I wouldn’t exactly call them “nature oriented.” They’re living in something akin to a haunted forest with animated trees and possessed animals that see to their every desire as long as they’re properly propitiated. That’s pretty far away from what we think of as nature.


          ....

          Comment


          • Too bad kickstarter doesn't accept paypal, not going to get a credit card for this.


            My Mage 2e Homebrew

            Comment


            • two new stretch goals after the Outcastes section.

              A section in the Companion on Cadet Houses at 165k.

              Increasing the art budget at 174k.


              Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                Too bad kickstarter doesn't accept paypal, not going to get a credit card for this.
                They take debit


                The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                Many Limbed Manual
                Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wandering View Post

                  I don't think it's just you. The 2E write-up on them really didn't do much to make them exciting as a player option, or even really understandable. And I haven't actually read their presentation in 1E, but I can't recall ever hearing of anyone playing one. That said, the description in the 3E book does excite me! I'm definitely interested in seeing more on them and if I ever get the chance I'd love to play one now.
                  Wait the Forest Witches were in 2nd? I honestly don't remember them cropping up until I got the Outcast book from 1st ed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                    Wait the Forest Witches were in 2nd? I honestly don't remember them cropping up until I got the Outcast book from 1st ed.
                    They were in the East book or the DB book, I forget which.


                    ....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

                      They were in the East book or the DB book, I forget which.
                      They were in teh DB book, but was kind fo written in a way that as I gather, wasn't sure what to do with them and tried to give as good a summary as it could despite, in a strange take with 2e stuff, not try to pin down what the hell was going on in that forest.


                      And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

                      Comment


                      • The 2e DB book had a section on the Forest Witches, Scroll of Exalts had char writeups for two of them.

                        Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

                        They take debit
                        edit: nevermind. Doesn't work due to system differences between europe and the US. I get that Amazon doesn't want the competition via Paypal, but they really ought to think of an alternative to credit cards because relativly few people use them here. They have alternatives for their localized store, just international stuff seems to be impossible for some reason without a credit card.
                        Last edited by Flinty; 03-29-2018, 09:54 PM.


                        My Mage 2e Homebrew

                        Comment


                        • What is the difference between a "Dynastic Outcaste" and a "Foreign Outcaste" in the terrestrial census blurb? Are the Dynastic ones just regular Outcastes whose parent was specifically from the Realm? Is that a distinction the Realm even makes, the difference between some Outcaste DB whose parent they think was one of theirs and some Outcaste DB who just popped up?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
                            What is the difference between a "Dynastic Outcaste" and a "Foreign Outcaste" in the terrestrial census blurb? Are the Dynastic ones just regular Outcastes whose parent was specifically from the Realm? Is that a distinction the Realm even makes, the difference between some Outcaste DB whose parent they think was one of theirs and some Outcaste DB who just popped up?
                            I believe “Dynastic Outcastes” refers to Found-Eggs in the territories of the Realm. Those who are offered the Razor or the Coin. Foreign Outcastes is pretty much just “everyone else” beyond the Realm (including Prasad) and Lookshy.


                            Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

                              That’s not true though. Beast:The Primordial at least was a “prestige,” which is a standard print book.

                              So that one time somehow proves that their intent is not to do what they've stated to do? Sorry, but that doesn't hold any actual weight. If, for example, they had done 15 KS with just standard print books I'd take that point more seriously. They haven't, though. You can ignore what OPP has stated, but I really don't see would you would put your head in the sand. Acting out when they've told you they aren't going to do something seems asinine to me, but again, you can do whatever you want.

                              Comment


                              • Okay, so I'm a couple of paragraphs into reading the entry for House Ragara, and I remembered a little something that I thought of when I woke up in the morning: a final word on the subject of Ragara Bhagwei.

                                Sure, with the way that Cynis the person and the House is set up now, Bhagwei's Aspect and his inclinations seem as though they could be something that comes from his mother, but in that early haze I was struck with the notion that, between the manner in which Ragara has always been portrayed and what this Edition has been setting up, him being the one who got Bhagwei could be as simple as "this is my first-born child, and I want him", and employing some... singular methods to get a bunch of the other relevant figures to comply.

                                That's what I thought before starting to read the write-up, and the initial words seem to validate that kind of perspective.


                                I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X