Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one have difficulty complaining when I've spent every day since release playing the game online. I have reconciled with the mechanical hiccups since long ago and have a clear picture of how I want to use the system. Now I'm eager for additional material to incorporate into my games. So I'll be throwing money on this Kickstarter without regrets.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

also lol at the swipes at how the Ex3 kickstarter was handled when Wraith 20 is 2.5 years passed estimated delivery date (longer than it took exalted), Changeling isn't much better, and Scarred Lands is vapor. The only difference is in Exalted's success and the noise the fans made over because of their emotional attachment to the game.

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

I went from "man, a whole month away" to "holy crap that's next week!". Time sure does fly when you have a newborn.

I have nothing but unbridled excitement, especially after Arms and the other previews we have received.

I personally don't understand such harsh and hungry negativity and skepticism at this point, but maybe that's just because the lull time during Ex3's production was also a time I had RL keep me from the hobby, so I was only able to get back into Exalted just before my Deluxe copy came in.

I'm looking forward to next week with an unharshed buzz.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I'm down for an PDF. Between my limited budget, and the goodwill Vance and Minton have earned I can put down that much toward this.

Comment

Originally posted by kongurous View Post
            also lol at the swipes at how the Ex3 kickstarter was handled when Wraith 20 is 2.5 years passed estimated delivery date (longer than it took exalted), Changeling isn't much better, and Scarred Lands is vapor. The only difference is in Exalted's success and the noise the fans made over because of their emotional attachment to the game.

Damn! I had no idea the library was open, because that was a sickening Read! ^_^

That aside, I am so excited for this book. I will actually have money to back it and I am looking forward to more mechanics to work with for my future games. What am I am *not* looking forward to is no longer having the excuse of "Well the book isn't out yet and I don't really trust myself to do balanced homebrew" excuse for when player ask to play a Dragonblooded in one of my Solar games. But I dealt with that in two Editions already so its all good.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

Whoops! Double Post Devil got me!
              Last edited by Keichiokami; 03-20-2018, 04:49 PM.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

*misread a reference to Changeling the Dreaming as Changeling the Lost*
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 03-20-2018, 04:13 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If you are talking about getting the backers out their Backer PDFs, then yes, based on the original Estimated Delivery Dates on Kickstarter, Wraith took 2 years and 7 months longer than estimated compared to 2 years for EX3's Backer PDF. Wraith's physical Deluxe book will need to take more than a year to get to backers to equal the time from estimated to delivery for Deluxe Exalted. C20, which I assume you are talking about, was indeed late, at 6 months later than estimated for the Backer PDF, and is currently 8 months later than estimated for the Deluxe and I'm talking to the fulfillment shippers now about when shipping will start.

None of those three KSs mentioned above used most of the improvements I mentioned on my blog post, although C20 did have BackerKit.

As for Scarred Lands, the pallets of physical books, dice, and other add-ons in the fulfillment warehouse negates any sort of "vaporware" label. My info on that KS and it's dates suggest that the PDFs took 4 months longer than estimated to get to backers, and the physical books are 1 year and seven months past the original estimate that Stewart Wieck made. Onyx Path did not run that KS, so I've been trying to pick up the strands of the plans Stewart made for it before his untimely death, as well as to stay informed of the status of the KS shipping as other folks finish up fulfillment of the KSs Stewart ran.

Comment

^And this is why I stopped reading this forum. Also can we not use "fans have emotional investment into the media they are fans of." as a pejorative.Thanks.
                    Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 03-20-2018, 07:35 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

imagine a world where someone can say "at least exalted is less pointlessly crunchy than this" in sincerity
                      We've been living in that world since 1e; Shadowrun is a thing, remember?
                      Last edited by Sith_Happens; 03-20-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

There's a Swedish game (the first RPG I ever bought, at age 12 no less) that has like five different implementations of suffocation rules for five different types of suffocation. And who can forget the internal bleeding table and the infection rules ... oh, and infection rules affected by climate condition and level of rust on the metal spike. Oh, and separate trauma rules for groin damage. The worst thing is when you hit your groin while stepping on a nail while drowning ... now that's a lot of rules and tables to roll on.

Yeah, Exalted 3E is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

^And this is why I stopped reading this forum. Also can we not use "fans have emotional investment into the media they are fans of." as a pejorative.Thanks.
                          I think most folks here are well-intentioned at the very least. Only a very small minority immediately go for the throat because your views do not mesh with their own.

That 'it is only a minority' is a complement is more a sad indictment of internet culture but one can't really blame this forum for that.

On a more positive note, I am quite eager to spend cash on this. Been squirreling away funds for long enough to make a hefty investment!

Comment

I'm really excited. I have an idea for a custom charm I'd like to request (assuming it's not just in the book), and I've been saving for a bit now to hopefully make that charm a reality.
                            It's funny, half a year ago my gaming group was hardly excited for Dragon-Blooded since we hadn't really done anything with them in Second Edition.
                            But all the previews since then have really changed our minds, and we're super excited now. So to the Devs and everyone involved: awesome job so far, and I'm very positive about this Kickstarter.

Comment

Yeah, me too, the kickstarters seem good.

We used to, years ago, play a lot of Dynastic games, so our Solar/Lunar games haven't actually featured the Realm much. They were too busy with the Civil War to interact with us in the far threshold.

But now our ST is setting us up to fight the Realm, with 2-3 Realm Legions ready to invade us from different directions. We're planning a rapid assault on the 17th Legion with cavalry, dragons, gryffons and a warstrider, to knock them out before the 11th Legion can reach us.

So this game is coming out at a perfect time for us.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I'm ending my long-running Solar game, timeskips ten years into the future, have my players roll Dragon-Bloods, declare that the civil war is over, a new person is on the Scarlet Throne, and the players are part of the losing houses. That's how we'll begin next game.

Comment

Working...
                                X