Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that was the case in the old editions. The Immaculate Philosophy does conflate them, as do its adherants (the monks less than the laity).

I should say, the names of the Immaculate Dragons are the same as the Elemental Dragons. Or rather, the Immaculate Dragons thought up by the Immaculates and Sidereals during the Shogunate were named after the Elemental Dragons, in order to benefit from the already-existing Dragon veneration of many Dragonblood.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
      In addition to what's in the core, the DB book seems to conflate the Immaculate Dragons and Elemental Dragons to a large degree, to the point where they use the Immaculate names for the Elemental Dragons. I don't know if this was how it was in previous editions.
      ​That's what Second Edition did, but where in Third have the Elemental Dragons been named at all?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        I should say, the names of the Immaculate Dragons are the same as the Elemental Dragons. Or rather, the Immaculate Dragons thought up by the Immaculates and Sidereals during the Shogunate were named after the Elemental Dragons, in order to benefit from the already-existing Dragon veneration of many Dragonblood.
        I had thought it was the reverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​That's what Second Edition did, but where in Third have the Elemental Dragons been named at all?
          Not that I'm aware of? Even in the curretn DB book, it looks like the names are attributed to the Immaculate Dragons, but not hte Elemental Dragons themsleves, which as beings aren't relaly talked about much.

And stuff.
          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Oh wow: I've only just looked at the update talking about developer ideas behind the outcastes, and I've got to say that I really like the design of Righteous River. It's stylized and distinctive, but in that verisimilitudous way that I like where it gives a mild impression of being grounded in realism.

​It's also nice to know that being an Immaculate monk doesn't need to mean that you aren't stylish.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• I'm wondering... if we get the T-shirts stretch goal, do we pay for T-shirts through the Kickstarter, or through the T-shirt manufacturer's website? If the former, I'll happily up my pledge now to cover a future spend. Is that how it's been handled before for similar stuff?

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
              Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
                I'm wondering... if we get the T-shirts stretch goal, do we pay for T-shirts through the Kickstarter, or through the T-shirt manufacturer's website? If the former, I'll happily up my pledge now to cover a future spend. Is that how it's been handled before for similar stuff?

You go to our RedBubble store and buy a shirt from there. We put it at 0% markup, so we're not making anything from the sale*, you're just paying whatever RedBubble's costs are.

*Unless you're also taking the opportunity to pick up one of our other fine products, of course.

Ian A. A. Watson
                Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• So we're almost at the new bookmarks in the deluxe, which means more stretch goals should be forthcoming.

So if I have the count right then Prasad and the cadet houses still need to get their second expansion. After that what are you all hoping to see?

Comment

• 1) all those sections to get another expansion

2) add martial arts styles to Heirs

3) i’m assuming expanding the novella is in the cards

4) maybe get writeups for some relevant gods of the Isle, Prasad, etc?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• 1) Charm cards. Those have been incredibly useful to my group and even if I just had a template where I could fill them in myself, they're just way better than a book or the line you get on a character sheet.

2) Cloth map addon. I can't have too many maps of Creation and we need a zoom of the Blessed Isle. Also I want more physical addons that I can use to raise my pledge to contribute more with a tangible reward.

3) I'll agree with glamourweaver with more Martial Arts. At least 1 or 2.

4) More generic (non-weapon/armor) Artifacts. Hearthstones. Arms gave us a great new take on these items and I want to see more, perhaps examples that are common among the Realm or Lookshy.

5) Artifact Weapons, Armor, and a Warstrider.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• I really liked the paybump stretch goals from the Corebook KS. It seems like a nice sentiment, as I don’t think RPG development pays very well in general.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• I wouldn't mind that kind of stretch goal either, though I'm not sure if Kickstarter likes stretch goals that are 'the money goes right into our personal pockets' or not. Has it been used in any of the other Onyx Path kickstarters?

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post
                            I wouldn't mind that kind of stretch goal either, though I'm not sure if Kickstarter likes stretch goals that are 'the money goes right into our personal pockets' or not. Has it been used in any of the other Onyx Path kickstarters?
                            ​The original Exalted Kickstarted made giving the writers a bonus a stretch goal.

​Strictly speaking, it would not be what you're describing, because the writers and developers of this book aren't running the Kickstarter; Rich is. My impression is that he would not get any such money.

Comment

• New stretch goal at $221k is up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
                                New stretch goal at $221k is up.

"REALM EXPANSION #1: War in the West – A section dealing with the impending war between House Peleps and House V’neef "

Huh, I did not see that coming. Neat!

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
                                X