Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I wish those charm slots will sell. I have no doubt they will before the end, as people who haven’t paid attention show up before the closing bell - but i’m tempted to do something stupid like set up another Kickstarter account to buy another one...

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Have we had any clarification as to how the DB screen will differ (beyond artwork) from that offered as part of the Ex3 core Kickstarter?

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
      Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

• I haven't seen anything, I imagine it may not very much though? As functionally mechanics are still the same, just the art is themed. Guess I have to wait to find out though, or make a post on the KS maybe about it :S.

I asked for you so will see what they say ^^. Also need to get to 221k...that war in the west expansion looks like some little things being added to flesh it out! .
        Last edited by Yawgrimas; 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• I must say that I'm really excited for the new stretch goal- the story hook of Peleps establishing their own Western Empire really got me- you go and play your little civil war, little kids. We are going to conquer the world.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Additional stretchgoals added. Before the War in the West expansion, they’ll be adding a new reward tier for more custom heirloom artifacts. After it they’ll be adding more QS characters including Ragara and V’neef themselves.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Oh man, custom artifacts are what will definitely get me to up my pledge!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Weimann View Post
                I really liked the paybump stretch goals from the Corebook KS. It seems like a nice sentiment, as I don’t think RPG development pays very well in general.
                Those sorts of stretch goals tend to happen a fair bit further along in the KS than we are right now.

Ian A. A. Watson
                Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• I am kind of shocked that Karal Linwei wasn't already getting a QC write up, not like they have a plethora of more widely remembered characters to choose from when deciding who from Lookshy could get a QC write up in WFHW and whatever was going to be in the base dragon blooded companion. Guess that means we will mostly be getting Lookshy characters that didn't get any write ups in previous editions?

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• New Preview is up!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
                      New Preview is up!
                      And this time it is crunchy.

Oh, there is fluff in the chapter fictions; showcasing some more nice slices of life for the signature kinship. Ah, also Mnemon gets some action with Novia ... blood and sorcery in Jiara!

On to character creation, anima banners, traits, and charms. ... so many archery charms ... athletics, awareness, brawl, bureauocracy, craft, dodge, integrety, investigation, and... that's all for now. All? So much to digest.
                      Last edited by Greyman; 04-10-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Nearly 65 pages of Charms. As a quick reminder, Core had 60 pages for the same abilities (Archery -> Investigation), so we're likely looking at no less than 150 pages.
                        Man, this is going to be another hell of a doorstopper.

Comment

• I know most of you are skipping right ahead and reading the charms, and I can't hold that against anyone, but the thing that surprised me the most wasn't in the charm section, but in character creation... Dragon Blooded get 5 favored abilities... the same as Solars... I'll be completely honest... I did not see that one coming... I'm not complaining, I love the change, but oh boy, the character options it opens up!

Comment

I know most of you are skipping right ahead and reading the charms, and I can't hold that against anyone, but the thing that surprised me the most wasn't in the charm section, but in character creation... Dragon Blooded get 5 favored abilities... the same as Solars... I'll be completely honest... I did not see that one coming... I'm not complaining, I love the change, but oh boy, the character options it opens up!
                            They can also get up to 18 Merits. They are pretty fancy.

I'm still on Archery Charms at the moment, and I like most of what I read. The only thing I'm a bit torn on is that if feels like some of the Aspect anima powers aren't really balanced against each other. Some of them are REALLY good (like Earth's and Wood's anima flux) while others are a bit underwhelming (like Water's "pay 3m for a non-Charm success to disengage"). I'm overall glad that the anima powers are tuned down from 2E, but some are still vastly superior choices to others in most situations.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

I know most of you are skipping right ahead and reading the charms, and I can't hold that against anyone, but the thing that surprised me the most wasn't in the charm section, but in character creation... Dragon Blooded get 5 favored abilities... the same as Solars... I'll be completely honest... I did not see that one coming... I'm not complaining, I love the change, but oh boy, the character options it opens up!

Yeah, I just did a quick count of pages, but am also reading in order. I haven't found a real penalty for DB's creation, except less flexibility in Aspect Abilities vs Solar Caste. roughly same amount of Attributes, Abilities and Charms, and there's actually an advantage Merit-wise.
                              I'm guessing the real split is in the Charms' potency, and limitations in Sorcery, Martial Arts and Evocations. So in short, they're just as Exalted in their sheer natural ability, but they get a slightly less favorable powerset. Anyone's been tinkering with the Charms to confirm the power difference?

Comment

I came straight here as soon as I read that bit, because I wanted someone to assure me it wasn’t a typo.

It really will help with this idea that Aspect has less to do with individual personality and more to do with your parents. It encourages players to design characters with Aspects they wouldn’t normally choose.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X