Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good plot.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Terrestrials is very much a make or break book for me. I was moderately pleased with the core book, which definitely has caused a lesser degree of involvement on the forums. I feel like how they handle my 2e favourite host is going to either turn the tide or seal the deal for me. That said, having Vance on the Charms is a powerful source of hope. I have always enjoyed his style.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

^And this is why I stopped reading this forum. Also can we not use "fans have emotional investment into the media they are fans of." as a pejorative.Thanks.
        I didn't use it as one. Being enthusiastic just means you're more likely to post about it, positively or negatively, so with Exalted's bigger and more jazzed fan base, of course you'd get louder voices about how this or that might be a mistake.
        Last edited by kongurous; 03-21-2018, 12:47 PM.

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

Originally posted by kongurous View Post
          I didn't use it as one. Being enthusiastic just means you're more likely to post about it, positively or negatively, so with Exalted's bigger and more jazzed fan base, of course you'd get louder voices about how this or that might be a mistake.
          That's a generous way to put it to say the least and I've heard that song and dance before. No thanks.

On a less annoying note, while I've never been the biggest fan of Dragonblooded I am excited for this book and the hopes of where it's going to send the 3e game line.
          Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 03-21-2018, 01:44 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
            The worst thing is when you hit your groin while stepping on a nail while drowning ... now that's a lot of rules and tables to roll on.
            I'm gonna go ahead and say that would be pretty bad regardless of table density.

But sexually.

Comment

There's a Swedish game (the first RPG I ever bought, at age 12 no less) that has like five different implementations of suffocation rules for five different types of suffocation. And who can forget the internal bleeding table and the infection rules ... oh, and infection rules affected by climate condition and level of rust on the metal spike. Oh, and separate trauma rules for groin damage. The worst thing is when you hit your groin while stepping on a nail while drowning ... now that's a lot of rules and tables to roll on.

Yeah, Exalted 3E is fine.
              What RPG is that and is it available in english?

Comment

There's a Swedish game (the first RPG I ever bought, at age 12 no less) that has like five different implementations of suffocation rules for five different types of suffocation. And who can forget the internal bleeding table and the infection rules ... oh, and infection rules affected by climate condition and level of rust on the metal spike. Oh, and separate trauma rules for groin damage. The worst thing is when you hit your groin while stepping on a nail while drowning ... now that's a lot of rules and tables to roll on.

Yeah, even GURPS never got that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hark View Post
                  What RPG is that and is it available in english?
                  There's no English translation as far as I know. I think it's mostly abandoned now. I developed a language for them nearly ten years ago but their lead developer suddenly stopped e-mailing me and that book project was never released. So I dunno what happened. Swedish is a super small market that doesn't do well for games in Swedish. Only those that get translated get anywhere (Coriolis, Mutant, Western, et cetera). I remember them wanting to translate this game long ago, but I don't think there was any international interest for another fantasy game that's super gritty and is so mundane in its presentation that they even named the world Mundana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(role-playing_game)

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

A high school devotion to MERP led to my gaming group playing Rolemaster in college. Now THAT was a game with a table for everything!

Comment

Huh, wasn't expecting this till a little later on, but the DB KS banner is in rotation on the main Onyx Path page, with what looks to be a piece of preview art.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Still not as bad as FATAL

Comment

My Friend mentioned a system called Fight. The rules are apparently fine, but the book is put together poorly, as she put it. "You have to dig through pages to find the paragraph that has the one sentence that is essential to properly handling character creation, or combat that is never referenced or referred to again outside of that one sentence." Apparently there was no index or glossary, so she wasn't happy with that.

On a more on topic note, it'll be good to have more details to work with for the setting's dominant power. I do hope there's some explanation on how Wyld Hunts are run this time around in the book. You know how something like how many DBs is considered average for handling a report without confirmation of Anathema presence as opposed to a "So we have reports that a very large angry bear, that is not always a bear, and a person glowing gold have started turning bandit groups into an army."

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post

Still not as bad as FATAL
                            But then, FATAL is less a game and more a collection of charts, sexism, and general bigotry.

Comment

we do not speak of the Scottish game

Comment

*Comment deleted, it felt too much like *#)@posting.*
                                Last edited by Prometheus878; 03-24-2018, 12:50 PM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Working...
                                X