Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    I'm reminded of the episode of Steven Universe where Steven is trying to figure out how to summon his shield. He asks the gems how they summon their weapons, and all three of them give him a different answer.

I suspect it's a similar situation for Glorious Solar Saber and other "technique" charms. There's a known thing exalts can do, but how they do it varies slightly.
    Not to dismiss your point, but it's also worth noting that future episodes reveal reasons for why the process is different for each of them.

Gems like Amethyst were made to fight, so her weapon comes instinctually to her without real effort. Gems like Pearl weren't meant to fight at all, and it took her a long time and a lot of effort to figure out how to form a weapon. Garnet is a fusion of a footsoldier Ruby and an aristocractic Sapphire; the gauntlets are Ruby's easy-to-summon weapon, but refined by Sapphire's assistance.

In Exalted mechanical terms, Pearl needed higher minimums, more XP, and possibly more non-combat Charm prerequisites to arrive at her spear, whereas Amethyst got her whip as a base-level Charm with low minimums and favored costs, and Garnet is using two different sets of Charms from which she made connected advanced Charms.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Anyway, my major source of frustration is that the last preview didn't include Dragon-Blooded Melee.

I'm ITCHING to look into ways Dragon-Blooded Melee Charms can interact with artifact Melee weapons.

In particular, I still want to take a stab at Raven Branwen's multi-blade sword from RWBY.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        Huh. With the latest update providing a larger picture depicting a found egg choosing between the razor and the coin, I notice that its representation of the former is a narrow-bladed, folding handle straight razor, as was developed in Europe in the 17th century.

​Whereas I've always pictured the razor offered to represent accepting the Immaculate Order as being the older, simpler, fixed handle razor consisting of a semi-circular or square blade, as might be seen used by Aang in The Last Airbender.

​[image]http://media.giphy.com/media/r1Btb4pm7lfTG/giphy.gif[/image]

​Apart from the resonance between the images, I always found the notion of the simpler razor to be more fitting to the austerity of the Immaculate Order, and that the simple shape had a nice symmetry with the coin.

Am I overthinking it a bit?
        Yeah, you’re kind of overthinking it. Minton wrote an art note saying “Draw a razor,” that’s the razor that came to mind to the artist and therefore the kind of razor the artist drew, and then in the revision process, for whatever reason nobody went “Hmm, that seems anachronistic, we ought to have the artist change it.”

Comment

• Meh its Exalted, we've got a country with airships because they dug them out of ruins. Would honestly not surprise me for the design to be an old thing handed down or something that came out of specific desires.
          Last edited by nalak42; 04-13-2018, 02:17 AM. Reason: Realized I probably didn't need the quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
            Meh its Exalted, we've got a country with airships because they dug them out of ruins. Would honestly not surprise me for the design to be an old thing handed down or something that came out of specific desires.

I mean it can be, but the older razor would look cooler, so lets go with that one instead.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Hah, you know what's really cool? You can use Virtuous Negation Defense to reflexively defend other with dodge, and then use Safety Among Enemies to redirect that attack. I think anyway. Which means that if some Abyssal is swinging a grand daiklave at your hearthmate you can push them out of the way, catch the blade, and redirect it in a spinning slash towards his own horde of zombies in one smooth motion.

Afterwards as a reflexive action you then reach into your robe, pull out a pair of sunglasses, pop them on your face and give a cheeky smile. (I imagine this got cut from the official charm text space and clarity)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post

Yeah, you’re kind of overthinking it. Minton wrote an art note saying “Draw a razor,” that’s the razor that came to mind to the artist and therefore the kind of razor the artist drew, and then in the revision process, for whatever reason nobody went “Hmm, that seems anachronistic, we ought to have the artist change it.”
                ​So just like Janest's outfit.
                Last edited by Isator Levi; 04-13-2018, 07:02 AM.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Forest Witch Expansion 3 added as a stretchgoal (their factions and some individual members).

Hopefully we’ll see Outcaste Expansion 3 soon. More Prasad and Cadet Houses will be nice, but they’re lower priority since they’re getting coverage in the Realm book.

Comment

• Wonder how many more stretch goals we will manage to reach now that they seem to be spacing them out a bit more? Pretty sure we will definitely manage the current two at least.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• We’ll hit a fair number more, especially when we speed up again in the last few days.

Vance hinted today that a full preview of the Realm text might be in the cards if we keep up a good pace.

Comment

• Map is available as an add-on.

Comment

• Damn, I really hope those custom charms sell... They should publically push them again after the next text update when we have the whole charmset so people can identify whatever they feel they want that’s missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            We’ll hit a fair number more, especially when we speed up again in the last few days.

Vance hinted today that a full preview of the Realm text might be in the cards if we keep up a good pace.

True, I forgot that there tends to be a last minute rush at the end. Maybe we can manage to hit 300K, would be pretty impressive since its safe to say the series hasn't gotten back the hype it had during the core book kickstarter. But that should be changing now that we finally have consistently released new material again.

That would be a nice preview bonus

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• I mean there’s still some work to do to rebuild the following - but a supplement was never going to to make as much as the core. It’s doing quite well all things considered.

Unless I’m mistaken on the timing, I think the official approval from White Wolf/Paradox to proceed with Lunars is a good sign they were pleased with the response from Backers as well.
                              Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-13-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post
                                True, I forgot that there tends to be a last minute rush at the end. Maybe we can manage to hit 300K, would be pretty impressive since its safe to say the series hasn't gotten back the hype it had during the core book kickstarter. But that should be changing now that we finally have consistently released new material again.
                                Eh. How much of it is that, and how much is the fact corebooks generally do better than supplements, we don't know.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                                X