Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind, given the prominence of the Terrestrial Exalted in the setting, more than a few people have expressed the sentiment that a book detailing them is essential.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Yeah, I would argue that they are just as essential as solars given their current dominance of so much of the world and how many of them there are compared to any other exalt type in the setting. Depending on how many exalts there are in the new splats like the exigents they might outnumber all the other types put together. Of course its all up to the story teller what you run into and they aren't obligated to put them in just because they are the most common place, but generally speaking they are so numerous and have so much potential to be part of any organization thanks to outcaste exaltations creating free agents they are a very likely antagonist.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• I’d argue that the Dragon-Blooded are potentially more essential to the game than the Solar Exalted, and that one of the major reasons why the Solar Exalted need to be published first is that, if the Dragon-Blooded were first, it would be really hard to see the Solar Exalted as anything other than Anathema.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I agree they’re essential to the setting, but that doesn’t change the inherent dynamic that exists between any corebook and a supplement, where the book that requires the other to be playable will sell less than the required book, since it can only sell to people who have the core, but the core can sell without the supplement. Set and sub-set.

I mean, I suppose there’s the piracy factor, but I don’t see a lot of that demo paying for supplements when they’re willing to pirate the core.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Well also the corebook is basically needed by anyone who wants to play the game. A splat though is only needed by players interested in playing that splat, or the ST who feels they'd need information from it. Like most of my group hasn't expressed interest in playing as DBs* consequently the book isn't that useful to them and they don't feel the need to get it. I run the game, so this is full of really helpful information and potential for glorious challenges.

*One day that may change, but it probably won't be during the kickstarter.
            Last edited by nalak42; 04-13-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• The Kickstarter is literally closing on my birthday, so I went ahead and got myself another custom charm.

If there’s a rush on the remaining slots at the end, and people who want one don’t get one, I’ll give one up. But as it stands they’re just sitting there so screw it.

Comment

• Man, imagine how easy churning out the maps would be with the Distaff and Craftsman Needs No Tools. >.>

Comment

• I'm liking this latest preview of the Realm. A growing desert is a pretty good way to give an impression of change over time, and there are some vivid characters there, such as the shrivelled up head gods, the newly arrived dragon (very Earthsea/Flat Earth), and the eccentric and occasionally mutant monks.

Ohhh shit... yeah, from this point on, my mental image of Hualli shall be Kass the Rito bard.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• HAving finally gotten to the charms, I might go back and remake my Emerald Wasp MA with Erupting Fury Barrage in mind.

Storyteller Vault Productions: The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2 https://www.storytellersvault.com/m/product/273213 Patreon, with my own games, here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Forest Witch expansion 3 has been achieved!

Next is Outcastes #3, than an extension to the novella.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I mean it can be, but the older razor would look cooler, so lets go with that one instead.
                        Continuing on the over thinking train, the blade is the same green as the coin, so safe to assume it is Jade, so very easily could be a First Age design.

Also, the traditional Japanese razor (aka "samurai slicer" in wet shave enthusiast circles :-b ) looks like a straight razor that doesn't fold, so going more archaic doesn't really make it look that much cooler.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Realm Civil War info at 263k!

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            Realm Civil War info at 263k!
                            *cough* 264k.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• I can't say I'm a fan of defining how the Realm Civil War starts. It seems like the same sort of problem as 2E's canonization of the Infernal explanation for the Empress's disappearance. Sure, a game could go a different direction with the RCW than whatever Heirs to the Shogunate says, but there'll be a fan perception of "this is how it happens."

Or maybe I'm just salty because I triggered the start of open warfare in my campaign's Realm a month before this Kickstarter campaign began, and I don't want to have to rewrite plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                                I can't say I'm a fan of defining how the Realm Civil War starts.
                                I imagine it's more of a guideline. Quite probably several, to play out different scenarios.

Originally posted by Ascension
                                Or maybe I'm just salty because I triggered the start of open warfare in my campaign's Realm a month before this Kickstarter campaign began, and I don't want to have to rewrite plans.
                                ​I'm pretty sure that using funds to recruit and train canon ninjas goes against Kickstarter's terms of service.

Comment

Working...
                                X