Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Blooded Kickstarter starts on the 27th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hualli and Grip are my favorite new NPCs. They just have so much potential for Immaculate buddy-cop comedy!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
    -Roger Zelazny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      I can't say I'm a fan of defining how the Realm Civil War starts. It seems like the same sort of problem as 2E's canonization of the Infernal explanation for the Empress's disappearance. Sure, a game could go a different direction with the RCW than whatever Heirs to the Shogunate says, but there'll be a fan perception of "this is how it happens."
      I'd think of it more as a guide for Storytellers who want to create and play out their own civil war scenarios, rather than a single linear timeline of how the civil war does/could occur.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Given the number of stretch goals we’ve hit, are we in danger of having the companion turn into multiple books?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Given the number of stretch goals we’ve hit, are we in danger of having the companion turn into multiple books?
          I don't think so. It's currently still smaller than Arms of the Chosen, including reward tier bonuses.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wise Old Guru View Post
            Hualli and Grip are my favorite new NPCs. They just have so much potential for Immaculate buddy-cop comedy!

Glad you enjoyed them!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

I don't think so. It's currently still smaller than Arms of the Chosen, including reward tier bonuses.
              If those last 14 Charm slots don’t sell (i’m betting they will when the Kickstarter gets a surge of attention from new people near the end, but hypothetically if they don’t) is that space forfeit, or is it just more space for new Charms Vance has lying around that didn’t make WFHW?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                If those last 14 Charm slots don’t sell (i’m betting they will when the Kickstarter gets a surge of attention from new people near the end, but hypothetically if they don’t) is that space forfeit, or is it just more space for new Charms Vance has lying around that didn’t make WFHW?
                The former.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

The former.
                  Ok, everyone you heard him - find people and make those charmslots sell!

Comment

Ok, everyone you heard him - find people and make those charmslots sell!
                    I'm, er, I'm pretty happy with what we've got now. If nobody commissions any extra Charms, I don't see that as having lost something, just having not gained something that never existed.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

I'm, er, I'm pretty happy with what we've got now. If nobody commissions any extra Charms, I don't see that as having lost something, just having not gained something that never existed.

Less Vance-written Charms than could be had = bad

Especially since their xp progression means that Dragon-Blooded need a lot of things to invest in in their concept-areas before being forced to invest outside their concept just to spend the xp.

Comment

Less Vance-written Charms than could be had = bad
                        ​I feel as though this is an attitude that might lead to somebody spending an inordinate amount of money on a Kickstarter, and I think they should be advised against that.

​I would also take issue if I thought that somebody was going around just short of demanding that people get themselves or their associates to spend money because of how it would benefit the solicitor.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​I feel as though this is an attitude that might lead to somebody spending an inordinate amount of money on a Kickstarter, and I think they should be advised against that.

​I would also take issue if I thought that somebody was going around just short of demanding that people get themselves or their associates to spend money because of how it would benefit the solicitor.
                          I think that’s a willfully uncharitable reading of what i said, but if it needs to be clarified then fine:

People who haven’t been following the Kickstarter as closely as we have are likely unaware than there are additional custom charms available. If you know Exalted fans who would be interested but maybe thought they all sold out, point it out. Don’t push the Kickstarter on people not interested, or who don’t have the money to spend. Crowdfunding works through viral support informing people, as this forum, rpg.net, and the reddit page represent only a tiny sliver of the actual fan base.

Comment

The former.
                            If I might ask for some clarification. The Kickstarter had a part where the charms would be expanded in the first week. Does that mean that there will be dev developed charms in addition to backer charms OR was it to open up the possibility for backer based charms? Also will there be a return of the Apocryphal Keyword?

Comment

• Hey, not to sound like a fool but I have never messed with kickstarter add ons before. If I want for instance the screen how do I add that to my order?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                                If I might ask for some clarification. The Kickstarter had a part where the charms would be expanded in the first week. Does that mean that there will be dev developed charms in addition to backer charms OR was it to open up the possibility for backer based charms? Also will there be a return of the Apocryphal Keyword?

The stretch goal was for a set of charms in ADDITION to the backer commissioned charms (note that Miracles of the Solar Exalted has both custom charms and ones Morke wanted to add himself in it). The backer commissioned charms were already a reward tier before that stretchgoal was reached.

Whether the apocryphal keyword is needed will likely depend on whether any of the charm commissioners specifically want something that needs to be apocryphal. I know I'd say "if that needs to be apocryphal, then Iets do this other idea instead" for mine.
                                Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-15-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X